Menu

Ignore this thread!

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

Susan did invite us to spend the night. We are never doing that again! I think it was 17 hours before we got there? Just no. Her family is awesome though. And her house.

Imma gonna visit her next time I go see my family.  Don’t tell her.  It’s a surprise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

Have y'all done a ready made Thanksgiving turkey? Tell me stuff.

Well, I’ve made one where I didn’t have to lob off its head and pluck its feathers if that’s what you mean.  I recommend sticking it in the oven. Don’t forget to turn the oven on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Well, I’ve made one where I didn’t have to lob off its head and pluck its feathers if that’s what you mean.  I recommend sticking it in the oven. Don’t forget to turn the oven on.

Popeyes frozen turkey comes precooked and seasoned. Just take the wrapper off and stick it in the oven for 2 hours. It's seasoned with Cajun seasoning and injected with a seasoned butter sauce.

• Thanks 1

Jo went off by herself and found a white dress shirt she liked. It’s lovely and fits well. So I asked her how much it cost. Blank look. I look at the tag. (Note:she’s in Nordstrom)

“It’s kinda pricey, Boo.”
Uh-oh look. “How much?”

“Guess.”

”$50?”

”Try $300.”

They’re doing CPR now.

(She’ll recover. She’s young and healthy.🤣)

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

Popeyes frozen turkey comes precooked and seasoned. Just take the wrapper off and stick it in the oven for 2 hours. It's seasoned with Cajun seasoning and injected with a seasoned butter sauce.

Real butter or the fake soy stuff?

ETA: fake soy stuff = margarine (I had a brain fart and had to google it 🤣)

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Jo went off by herself and found a white dress shirt she liked. It’s lovely and fits well. So I asked her how much it cost. Blank look. I look at the tag. (Note:she’s in Nordstrom)

“It’s kinda pricey, Boo.”
Uh-oh look. “How much?”

“Guess.”

”$50?”

”Try $300.”

They’re doing CPR now.

(She’ll recover. She’s young and healthy.🤣)

I was sad the shirt cost so much.

• Like 3

DS has nobody to get hand-me-downs from. For the only child, there's consignment. 🙂 Or there was at least until he got to size 8 or so.

Our current dilemma is finding shirts that are tall/long in sizes smaller than men's medium. Dude is underweight (9th percentile BMI, we're working on it), so pants slip down and then shirts are too short. Link me if you have a lead.

EDPO: Math Mammoth is a winner here & will be used again next year. /EDPO

• Like 3

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

My older two didn't have hand me downs after the toddler years because we had no one to hand them to us.  And they wore holes in their pants before outgrowing them, so didn't even give them to each other later.  

DD got tons of hand me downs and when she or I wanted something specific, we ordered from eBay or bought from consignment shops or clearance sales.  At one point we were passing clothes to my stepsister's DD, then that child passed up DD in size and they started handing down to us.

Ds12 hasn't had many hand me downs at all, just because no one around to hand down.

Consignment shop and thrift store clothes are just hand me downs that you pay for. 

• Like 4

I'm behind on posting.  I have to admit I skipped a few pages.   

We used Math Mammoth through 6th grade for ds (the newer version that went through 7th wasn't available when we bought it) and through 4th for dd.   I liked it a lot.   Dd has adhd and the busy pages in the higher grades didn't work well for her.  

I used to add Evan Moor Daily Math Practice for some spiral review. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mms said:

I’m ashamed to say that I have done that not once, but twice (not on the same day). In my defense both women had two children with them, a late teen/early twenty and a toddler. It honestly seemed at the time that the toddlers belonged to the teen (I’m in the land of teen pregnancies, at least it so seems when I go to the OB/GYN). But, yeah, toddler is far cry from thirteen. I’m sorry, Jean.

DC and I visited DH at work once and one of his coworkers later remarked how nice it was to meet his grandchildren. He and I still can’t figure out who she thought I was.

All the way through my 20’s people thought that I was much younger than I was. But chronic pain makes me tottery. And I don’t dye my hair or even wear makeup due to the chemicals. So there ya go. At least the kids at the Y dubbed me the “cool grandma”. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

I miss grapes. 😭

That was my near pain free 2-3 hours every night.

I gave it up for pregnancy and nursing, too.  Maybe that’s why I stopped with 1. ?

J/k - it was his allergies and DH only wanting one

Edited by ikslo
  • Haha 1

Just now, Paradox5 said:

No offense intended to anyone about the car they love or drive. Whatever you like. I just have had terrible experiences with every one I have driven and every dealership I have visited.

You don’t have to feel bad!  You are more than entitled to your opinion.  If everyone drove the same car we’d be pretty boring.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

No offense intended to anyone about the car they love or drive. Whatever you like. I just have had terrible experiences with [...] every dealership I have visited.

That’s true.  Their dealerships are money sucks.  My engine light kept coming on, and hundreds of dollars in diagnostics told us nothing.  It was experience with DS’s allergies that allowed us to realize the dang car only liked premium gas.  After that, no more engine light trouble!

Edited by ikslo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, myblessings4 said:

Part of the reason we decided not to was because we didn't think we liked them $30 each ticket more than we liked ZZ Top.  

I have no opinion either way.  I have never been good with connecting songs to groups.  DH knows tons of music trivia, and I’m like??

I know songs, but ask me who sings it and I’m a deer in headlights 😳

Except I can sing alot of Joni Mitchell songs.  (When I say sing, I mean croak, totally off key.) And 99 Luftballoons.  🙂