Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Dd13 came into our room around 4 asking if there had been an earthquake.  The thunderclap was so big it shook the house.  This rain will apparently continue ad infinitum.  I was able to get the spot of marker off the Most Comfortable $4 Jeans by soaking them in Oxyclean.  👍

We have regular lessons this morning, violin/viola lessons and children's choir and scouts this afternoon/tonight.  Tonight's soup is creamy corn chowder.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩

The two older kids have off school today for Lincoln’s Birthday. They get two Mondays off,  our charter gets Friday and next Monday off for a 4-day weekend.

We need rain. We haven’t had any for a month and this is supposed to be our rainy season.🌧💧

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Morning! That sounds more chipper than morning actually is. but maybe I'll get that way over time, given enough caffeine.

I was absolutely worn out this weekend. I cried most of the way through Friday from writerly stress, deep emotions, and general lack of sleep. Felt better on Saturday after getting around 7 hours of sleep (not all at one time), and Sunday wasn't terrible either because I got to come home early and then just lay down on the couch all evening and refused to do anything. I had no mental space even for reading. 

But I slept well last night, and pretty heavy rain meant that the Midnight Howler didn't make his usual appearance. It's still raining. Maybe two nights of peaceful sleep? Maybe?

Anyway, checking in. I'm still alive.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I think I have to argue with someone on the phone today. Not looking forward to it. 

I think our parish is going to want us to take another baptism class for this baby. On top of the two baptism classes we’ve taken for previous babies. And the classes we took as children and to get Confirmed supposedly to teach us the faith. Honestly, it’s like you were forced to attend a super crappy public school that has the power to force you to come back and make you take even more classes for every major life event “just in case you forgot how to read and count, a lot of people do , you know!” Yes, bc you wasted years of my life trying to be fun and relevant and pc instead of actually trying to teach the faith. So I’m prob going to end up brandishing my theology degree, which always makes me feel like an arrogant jerk. 

You are too busy teaching your children the faith to come back for remedial classes!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, mms said:

I guess it’s kind of like Nutella. I don’t know how it is with y’all but I keep a jar for quick just in case we have a guest deserts. We never do have such guest and I end up craving chocolate.  The next day it’s empty. Ugh.

There are nine people in my house.

Elapsed time between entry of a jar of nutella into the house and the jar being empty is remarkably small.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

I think I have to argue with someone on the phone today. Not looking forward to it. 

I think our parish is going to want us to take another baptism class for this baby. On top of the two baptism classes we’ve taken for previous babies. And the classes we took as children and to get Confirmed supposedly to teach us the faith. Honestly, it’s like you were forced to attend a super crappy public school that has the power to force you to come back and make you take even more classes for every major life event “just in case you forgot how to read and count, a lot of people do , you know!” Yes, bc you wasted years of my life trying to be fun and relevant and pc instead of actually trying to teach the faith. So I’m prob going to end up brandishing my theology degree, which always makes me feel like an arrogant jerk. 

It's like the nurses trying to teach me how to breastfeed after I'd already nursed (several kids) for 30+ months.

"But newborns are different than toddlers..."  "Maybe you don't remember..."

Sigh.

• Haha 4

I made some sausage/cheese muffins for the freezer (quick meals for me) and went to Joann where I spent way too much on a zipper foot. Remind me next time to get it on Amazon.  It is still raining.  Grow, little plants, grow!

Speaking of plants, Lynette is down to 2 leaves, though I see some teeny tiny bud development, so there is still hope!  I gave her some early spring fertilizer.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Paradox5 said:

Mailed mine and Scotsman’s passport renewals.

Checked out some Apartments. 
https://www.thepointevrtc.com/

Got Quiet Boy’s passport photo taken.

Did a short AFSA run for 2 items. The one close to me is creepy. I should have gone to the one further up the road.

Captain had an accident thankfully on the tile. Now he wants to go around naked.

Scotsman sent his cover letter and resume to the hiring manager in Scotland! Prayers, please!

Mac-n-Meat with gf noodles for dinner.

I confused Captain and Scotsman.

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, mms said:

So, I’ve been ignoring this thread for years but here for the past week or so I finally delved in. I really need to get back to ignoring y’all again, but now I can’t... ugh.

Welcome MMS!  Your username has me drooling for chocolate that melts in my mouth, not in my hand. 

• Haha 4

DH took the girls to choir and the boys to the gym.  I am relishing the silence after a very long day.

Anyone have suggestions on speeding up a 12 year-old boy who is suddenly doing everything at a snail's pace?  It's like dragging a one-legged zombie through an endless swamp of molasses. I'm assuming it's a symptom of Preteen Syndrome.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lots of little ducklings said:

DH took the girls to choir and the boys to the gym.  I am relishing the silence after a very long day.

Anyone have suggestions on speeding up a 12 year-old boy who is suddenly doing everything at a snail's pace?  It's like dragging a one-legged zombie through an endless swamp of molasses. I'm assuming it's a symptom of Preteen Syndrome.  

Tazers.

Regular exercise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

Food?! Favorite foods are always a great motivator to an endless pit teen, so why not for a pre-teen?

Sadly this is my super picky sensory guy.  But I should definitely rethink motivators for him (chocolate chips used to work but they don't anymore).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Trying rearranging the day / doing things backwards?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Y'all.  I'm still here and still alive, just really really busy and really really tired.  It's almost bedtime and I have to jump in the shower but I wanted to pop in and say hello and catch up a little bit. 

I love hazelnut and chocolate but nutella isn't my favorite.  Ferrero Rocher and Ritter sport dark chocolate with hazelnut are my favorites. 

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Junie said:

It's like the nurses trying to teach me how to breastfeed after I'd already nursed (several kids) for 30+ months.

"But newborns are different than toddlers..."  "Maybe you don't remember..."

Sigh.

That’s like my late uncle. He went on a cruise once to Hawaii. They were giving him directions on how to put on life jackets and he kept doing it “wrong”. They called hm on it and he had to let them know he was a WWII veteran who spent 12 hours floating around in the South Pacific after his ship was torpedoed and sunk. He was pretty sure he knew how to use a life jacket.

• Like 6

I need car advice. We got our car at sticker price because we were $6,000 in the hole with our van. Our plan was to have this car for a very long time and if you'll remember we were in a really bad place and bought a car very quickly because Matt needed to work. I think 3 days. Now I'm pregnant (unplanned) with a child who will not fit in our car. What would you do? Options we are considering:

1. Trading in for a hybrid van.

2. Buying a $2,000 van on Craigslist, keeping our car.

We think option 1 is best for our family for several reasons including better gas mileage, less insurance, reliable family car. We view option 2 as sort of a backup plan. I will take thoughts on both ideas as well as new ideas.

Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I need car advice. We got our car at sticker price because we were $6,000 in the hole with our van. Our plan was to have this car for a very long time and if you'll remember we were in a really bad place and bought a car very quickly because Matt needed to work. I think 3 days. Now I'm pregnant (unplanned) with a child who will not fit in our car. What would you do? Options we are considering:

1. Trading in for a hybrid van.

2. Buying a $2,000 van on Craigslist, keeping our car.

We think option 1 is best for our family for several reasons including better gas mileage, less insurance, reliable family car. We view option 2 as sort of a backup plan. I will take thoughts on both ideas as well as new ideas.

Thank you.

16 minutes ago, Slache said:

Not all at once now.

Sorry.  I was reading Agatha Christie.  And cleaning the kitchen.  And taking a shower.

Questions:

Will you have two parking spaces at your new apartment?

Will Matt continue to Uber?

When (ahem 😉 ) he gets another job, what is the likelihood that you will be able to drive in the next few years?  (I know that you don't drive now.)

How much money will you lose if you trade in your vehicle?

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Junie said:

Questions:

Will you have two parking spaces at your new apartment?

Will Matt continue to Uber?

When (ahem 😉 ) he gets another job, what is the likelihood that you will be able to drive in the next few years?  (I know that you don't drive now.)

How much money will you lose if you trade in your vehicle?

No.

Yes.

None, but he will most likely still uber on the side.

Don't know yet. Calling bank this week and speaking to a salesman afterward.