Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, Junie said:

Apparently everyone in the Hyundai commercial is a celebrity who lives/lived in Boston, but the only person I recognized was David Ortiz.

Also apparently: I watch more sports than TV and movies.

I recognized Chris Evans and the woman but couldn't think of her name.  I recognized the guy in the car from Jack Ryan but didn't know his name.  I googled afterwards.  

• Like 2

We just ordered a blue ray player.  We haven't had one for a while and I mentioned wanting to borrow from the library but none of us even have dvd players in our computers anymore.  Maybe ds does, I'm not sure.  They are super cheap and dh had dollars from best buy so we just bought one.  

I never borrowed from the library before because I used to have to go to a library about 40 minutes away and dvd's usually need to be returned in a couple days and I never get down there that often.  But I just was able to get a courtesy card at the library in the town the science center is in.  It's a 5 minute WALK from the science center so much easier.    I used to get redbox movies but they were also annoying to return when I didn't leave the house often, plus I borrow digitally through them now.   We also own a bunch of dvd's that can't be watched anymore without one.  So good all around.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This week is almost over and I better get off my butt and start planning my classes for the new session that starts Monday.    Oh yeah, and do laundry and clean my whole house.   I've been feeling tired and icky this week.  Not sick exactly, just blah.   Dd is sick with a sore throat.  She's energetic as always, just with a sore throat.

• Like 2

So I think I figured out why I've been feeling icky all week.  I haven't been to the gym once all week.  I haven't done my yoga even once all week.   I've been staying up late reading, then staying in bed late in the morning.  I haven't been doing my usual drinking routine - emergen-C before classes, unsweetened ice tea in class 1, then lots and lots of water all day long.   Plus I'm not eating as well as I do at the science center since I mainly only have healthy food there (at least for lunches, I do have candy).  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I recognized Chris Evans and the woman but couldn't think of her name.  I recognized the guy in the car from Jack Ryan but didn't know his name.  I googled afterwards.  

I didn't recognize anyone, but then I never do.

The Queen of England could knock on my door and I wouldn't recognize her (or any of her progeny).

Then again, I've failed to recognize my own child before, so...

Edited by maize
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JoJosMom said:

Holy cow, people. I can understand those who don't know me taking my post to mean something about planning, but the rest of you? Sheesh. It's JANUARY. Why on earth would you ever think that I intended to discuss actual educational planning? Pleez.

No, I just realized that all I have to plan for is a solitary and empty life and I haz the sadz.

image.png.705ee5a8bd83e0b396930922bbef12d6.png

Travel around the country and spend 2 weeks with each of us.  You can hold mini-camps for our kids, custom designed for whatever is deemed most urgent at the time.  (Please bring the bazooka and plenty of duct tape.)

It's a We Need JJM Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends
Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps
But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in
That what seems a little nuts might actually save me
From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!  

Last night my orchestra director said "Mahler is so Extra". :laugh:  We are doing his 1st symphony. :wub:  Must practice.

I slept a little late and only did my muscle exercises.  Cardio will have to come later.  Dh and I have to go sign papers for our mortgage refinance this morning.  I am making Kentucky Hot Brown for dinner tonight plus some for the freezer.  I am also going to attempt to stretch a couple pairs of shoes with a shoe stretcher.  I need to start our taxes.

Ds24 was offered the job last night and will get some benefits and a raise.  👍

Coffee!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wrote most of the morning--silly stuff, but I like it anyway--and drafted a blog post. The afternoon is for art, reading, and character work. The boys are almost done with school and their housekeeping stuff for the week, and I've still got to do the rest of mine before I can have the rest of the day for playing in paint. 

• Like 3

I've been working on my classes for next week.   I didn't do anything to work on them until today so I have a lot to do.  I have been doing other paperwork but not class prep.  And my Monday classes are ones that I don't have at least the start of plans from last year since both are new this year.   So I"m starting from scratch.  

I just came here to read while eating dinner since I can't really type while eating.

• Like 4

Morning, I am up way too early.   I'm helping oldest dd do her taxes today so we are meeting at the science center.  I already picked up breakfast and I"m here waiting, eating my breakfast (Panera).   

Then home, work on classes, clean up a little bit, then my mother is coming to dinner.   Oh yeah, and more laundry.

• Like 4

Good morning!  Yes, it's Saturday!

I woke up way earlier than necessary because dh was taking three kids to a scout thing for the day. Aldi doesn't open until 9, so I can laze around for a while.  Browsing ebay for misc. things.  I could use some new jeans.  I conditioned my new boots yesterday (and some other leather things while I was at it) and started stretching a pair of shoes which I need to check on.  Other than that and Aldi, I plan to make a vat of Panera broccoli cheddar soup and start our taxes.  I think I'll make myself some oat pancakes for breakfast.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Got up early to walk the dog before going out later, but it is raining.  I’m drinking my coffee in denial.  I hate walking the dog in the rain.  Maybe I’ll just take him out twice later today. 

Taking DS to the mall to meet up with his friend from co-op last semester so they can see a movie.  We’re not doing co-op this spring.  Trying to keep up the friendship.  Friend’s mom had a baby at the end of last semester.  We’re going to hang out together while the boys see the movie.  I get to get my baby fix in. 🥰

It’s raining harder now.  That settles that.

• Like 5

When determining net worth, am I supposed to add what's currently in all bank accounts? I made a spreadsheet and only included savings and retirement, and debt (with and without Navient because I like to actually see progress). Current bank account doesn't seem like it should go on here. I'm tracking this monthly.

25 minutes ago, Renai said:

When determining net worth, am I supposed to add what's currently in all bank accounts? I made a spreadsheet and only included savings and retirement, and debt (with and without Navient because I like to actually see progress). Current bank account doesn't seem like it should go on here. I'm tracking this monthly.

Yes. Absolutely everything. If I were trying to determine my net worth I would include my antique engagement ring and hand me down Crystal.

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

Morning!

The Girl says her tummy hurts like she’s going to throw up. Quiet Boy has a cold.

Captain decided to potty train!!! Where’s the dancing guy when you need him?

Have to clean bathrooms today. Scotsman to the rescue! I still need to make the song chart. It’s half done. 

I’m going to THS finally! Slache, still need the books? Hey Andrew 3 book and wkbk, right? I’ll check used.

What? Hi! Yes.

Don't ask difficult questions.

• Haha 1