Menu

Ignore this thread!

Just spent 45 minutes filling out the  US Census form.  

"In the last 12 months have you worked a full time job?"  No.

"In the last 12 months have you worked a part time job?" No.

"In the last 12 months have you worked any job?" Ummmm....Nope?

"In the last 12 months have you worked even one hour?  Please record if you have worked even one hour."    

It's a good thing they didn't provide a comments box or I'd have given them a piece of my Cooking-Cleaning-Nursing-Home-Renovating-Butt-Wiping-And-Homeschooling-Five-Kids-While-Paying-Outrageous-School-Taxes mind.  

ETA:  Oh, and Spending-Forty-Five-Minutes-Filling-Out-Government-Paperwork-Times-Seven-Individuals-Who-Live-In-This-Residence. But I do that in my free time so I guess it doesn't really count as work. 

Edited by lots of little ducklings
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Done with classes, just a couple of short reports and then bed.

So, Gymnast has been sick since Saturday. I had to go all over Santa Fe to gather all the ingredients for the blood-building soup. Most was at Walmart, so did a pickup there. The coop had everything else except nettles, so I decided to go to the herb store or that and a couple of other tea ingredients. The herb store was out of chamomile, so I went to the Mexican grocer for that. 

I did not want her out that long, or go to so many places. She was coughing into a tissue (frequently changed), and tried not to touch anything. 

True to form, she is now slightly feverish. Dh scared the pants off of me while I was in the middle of teaching a class, telling me she had a 110 degree fever. I knew that couldn't be right, but, my heart still leapt. I put myself on mute while the student was reading and told him to bring me the thermometer. It was 101.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Spudater said:

Why did I swim in the sea. Kill me now. 

Madam. The rules, if you please.

I've been doing some of the things, as my February screen use rules (for myself) are quite strict. I'm allowed here on Tuesdays.

Add us to the non-sleeper baby becomes anxious kiddo club. I tried all the things. Permanently trained myself to get sleepy when I hear rain falling.

Time to wash the goat. (DS recently asked me to name his goat in a video game. Capricus. And then a second goat. Stinky.)

• Like 5

I forgot about the anxiety part of not sleeping.  Ds was my non-sleeper, dd has social anxiety.  But ds does have anxiety, it just looks very different.  Like worrying about illnesses and washing his hands constantly.  So I guess it's there.

I was up at 2am and unable to sleep.  I usually fall asleep fast and stay asleep pretty well so that just sucks.   I know I say this every few weeks but I'm thinking it's hormonal (I really should look through old posts and track it).   But what do you do for hormonal insomnia?   Meds don't work - not benedryl or melatonin.  

Three classes, two tutoring, gym today so I really don't want to be over tired.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!!!!

Not much on the docket today. School and work. Girls have piano lessons today instead of tomorrow because their teacher is going to the coast tomorrow. DS has a bloodbath aka soccer game tonight. It’s been cold lately, so I guess we are going to have to really bundle up. Some people bring portable propane heaters to the game. We just aren’t that fancy.

• Like 3

Morning. I was up most of the night, but this time it wasn't because of our anxious cats. They were awesome. But the neighbor's cat came over and howled beneath our window and on the deck for HOURS. We'd run him off, and then he'd come back. He's quite skittish, but apparently, we were the house-to-be last night. Ugh. I will be going to bed early tonight and hope the rain keeps him away tonight.

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

I forgot about the anxiety part of not sleeping.  Ds was my non-sleeper, dd has social anxiety.  But ds does have anxiety, it just looks very different.  Like worrying about illnesses and washing his hands constantly.  So I guess it's there.

I was up at 2am and unable to sleep.  I usually fall asleep fast and stay asleep pretty well so that just sucks.   I know I say this every few weeks but I'm thinking it's hormonal (I really should look through old posts and track it).   But what do you do for hormonal insomnia?   Meds don't work - not benedryl or melatonin.  

Three classes, two tutoring, gym today so I really don't want to be over tired.

Haves you tried extended release melatonin? It seems to work a bit better for me.

I hate insomnia.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, maize said:

Haves you tried extended release melatonin? It seems to work a bit better for me.

I hate insomnia.

Melatonin gives me weird dreams and I wake up a lot because of them.  

I have an unexpected break today.   5 kids registered and PAID for a class but nobody showed up today. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

The power went out this morning which was a bit annoying.  Apparently there was a big car crash down by City Hall which set the power poles on fire.  Yikes!  But just when I ran out of things to do with no power, it came back on so it's all good.  Plus, the heat is back on before it was able to get too cold in here.  Which is good because it is snowing here too. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, JoJosMom said:

I think it's so cool that Susan has a Health Coach.

She's so fancy.

:laugh: My Health Coach is included in the price of the program I'm doing, so you better believe I'm going to meet with her!  Lol.  Plus, she has the fancy scale that tells me I've gained 10 lbs of muscle and 10 lbs of water (good water, not inflamation).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Which reminds me... did I tell you all what DS12 made for me for Christmas?  A book entitled, "If You Give a Cat Some Coffee."  The cat is me.  It begins with "If you give a cat some coffee....she'll want some chocolate chippers."  It's hilarious.  

That's awesome!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm liking the looks of the Progeny Press literature guides. Do you have any experience with them?

I have nothing helpful to tell you, but this reminded me of Total Language Plus guides - have you ever looked at them?  

Also, Reading and Reasoning was on my short list at one point, but we ended up not adding a reading curriculum.  

Home, did another 6 miles at the gym.  I'm at 45 miles done of my 100.  I have until the end of March to do the rest.

I'm working on my schedule for next year's classes (since people start planning around now) and it looks like we may be ready to hire another teacher.    But, isn't it too early to hire someone to start working in September?   Dh thinks we may need to hire someone before publishing the schedule (although it does always say *subject to change), but I feel like it's way too early to hire someone and even if someone agreed to take the job now, so much could change in 9 months.   

The plan is to hire someone to teach 6-8 younger kids classes, and then sign up a few substitute teachers on an 'as needed' basis.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Home, did another 6 miles at the gym.  I'm at 45 miles done of my 100.  I have until the end of March to do the rest.

I'm working on my schedule for next year's classes (since people start planning around now) and it looks like we may be ready to hire another teacher.    But, isn't it too early to hire someone to start working in September?   Dh thinks we may need to hire someone before publishing the schedule (although it does always say *subject to change), but I feel like it's way too early to hire someone and even if someone agreed to take the job now, so much could change in 9 months.   

The plan is to hire someone to teach 6-8 younger kids classes, and then sign up a few substitute teachers on an 'as needed' basis.

No, it is not too early to hire someone, or at least put out that you are hiring for the fall. Other schools do it, and teachers are looking.

• Like 3