Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Massachusetts.  No oil. (Or rather, if there was oil, no one could ever drill for it.)  

But we have leaves in the fall!  And gorgeous beaches!  And oceans without sharks!  And cobblestone and history and Mrs. Mallard and all her ducklings! (Not mine, but the ones all in a row in Boston Garden.  Mine are not all in a row, ever.)

9 months of snow may have been a January-induced exaggeration.  

It's like you live in an alternate MA than the one I am familiar with.  The Massachusetts I visited a few years back had signs on the beaches warning of sharks.  LOL  There were great whites in the area (Cape Cod) at the time, iirc.  Pretty sure sharks a thing in most parts of the ocean?  But if thinking it's shark-free helps you feel better about the 9 months of snow, I'll allow it. 🙂

• Haha 2

I have warm and hot weather.  Except no one told me sometimes it gets cold.  I want a refund on my taxes.

I have a lemon tree. And a backyard where I feel like I am on vacation.  And no snow.  Traffic lights long enough to allow me time to look around without jerks honking at me.  People who smile and wave when you are out walking your dog.  People who make eye contact.  Flip flops at work (not me, per se, but people totally do).  Cuban bread.  More Cuban bread, from the other place.  Beach-side bars  where you can have a drink on the weekend and feel like you are on vacation.  Palm trees.  Lizards that taunt the dog and sometimes eat each other. (Science class!) Frogs that sound like strangled ducks at night.  (That goes on the bad list when I'm overtired.)  Lots of birds.  Airplanes.  Water.  Beautiful sunsets.  No snow.  Lots of people older than me making me feel young.  Hurricane prep.  What's not to love?

• Like 3

I'm not pregnant, either.

I don't like cold water, but I don't mind walking on beaches if it's a little chilly.  Like 60.  Dh isn't really a beach person, so it's kind of a non-issue.

Yes, no snow is very, very important.  I wish I could say that we have no snow.

• Like 2

Not pregnant either, unless you count book babies, in which case I'm hoping to deliver quadruplets in a year or two. If not that, I'll try a singleton, and then try for triplets. 

I hobnobbed with my fellow wizards and didn't break out in a coughing fit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I still bring a coverup with me everywhere even though it is warm here most of the time, because I really, really, really dislike being cold and there is often a breeze and I get chilly when everyone else is hot.  So I usually have something with me and then everyone is happy.

I used to have to wear it at work a lot, but I just started squatting in an office with a door and now I am much happier because it is warm and the AC doesn't blow on me.  I said, can I use that empty office?, and they had my extension moved over so I guess it is mine now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I have warm and hot weather.  Except no one told me sometimes it gets cold.  I want a refund on my taxes.

I have a lemon tree. And a backyard where I feel like I am on vacation.  And no snow.  Traffic lights long enough to allow me time to look around without jerks honking at me.  People who smile and wave when you are out walking your dog.  People who make eye contact.  Flip flops at work (not me, per se, but people totally do).  Cuban bread.  More Cuban bread, from the other place.  Beach-side bars  where you can have a drink on the weekend and feel like you are on vacation.  Palm trees.  Lizards that taunt the dog and sometimes eat each other. (Science class!) Frogs that sound like strangled ducks at night.  (That goes on the bad list when I'm overtired.)  Lots of birds.  Airplanes.  Water.  Beautiful sunsets.  No snow.  Lots of people older than me making me feel young.  Hurricane prep.  What's not to love?

Did you die and go to heaven?  You know the rules!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I thought I was your favorite person, and I am definitely not a northerner. 

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm her favorite! <foot stomp>  I'm a Northerner and I live in the South.  Also I love it here.

I think she plays the field.  I'm pretty sure she told me I was her favorite at least once.  😂

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Slache said:

The coronavirus is beginning to make me nervous.

I was just told I may have to go to an all managers meeting in Chicago next month. I think there was a case there in the nearby area to where I would be?  Plus flying death traps of germs.  I was only sorta joking when I told my boss and the organizer I might bail so that there is at least one healthy manager not sickened by this thing.  He responded that the organizer should know better than to schedule the meeting in Chicago in the winter because I won't go.  LOL  Okay, dude, I will let you think it is because of the weather, because I'm not flying to Chicago to die in the upcoming apocalypse!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Have you ever heard of “forest bathing “?  It’s an English translation of a Japanese word that basically means immersing yourself in nature as a stress reliever. It finally stopped raining today and Juliet and I did some forest bathing. Stress really does melt away out in nature. 

What's the Japanese word?

• Like 1

I'm not too worried about the corona virus, at least for now.  Dh was actually supposed to go on a business trip to China in February, and possibly India in March.  He thinks he may have talked them into using a local guy that's done stuff for them before rather than having dh and another guy go out there.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Have you ever heard of “forest bathing “?  It’s an English translation of a Japanese word that basically means immersing yourself in nature as a stress reliever. It finally stopped raining today and Juliet and I did some forest bathing. Stress really does melt away out in nature. 

I now have a new term for whenever I head up to the green water and write and then go creek swimming in the summer. "Can't clean house today. Going to the forest to take a bath."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I like where I live: ticks, chiggers, poison snakes, water scorpions, biting flies and all. It's where I know most of the trees and plants like friends. But I liked East Tennessee almost as much, because that's where I learned to call those plants by name. So I think I'll just stay in my funny little mountains with green water. 

I probably got three hours of sleep last night. Fighting a bug of some kind, and I was up and down a lot. Between those times, the elder cat crawled worriedly all over the top of me, sure I wouldn't be alive in the morning if he didn't give me purr-to-snore resuscitation every so often.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Morning, ITT.

I survived the B00ksquisher Machine, the worst hour of the year to have a scrawny build. *sigh* If you are due for a medical appointment, how about calling to schedule it? Rules are rules.

DS's cocoa this morning was too much at once, evidently, and now he doesn't feel so hot. 900 calories in 4 minutes maybe is not a great thing. He's starting to do a little better now.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I really need to rinse veggies and make a salad and bag lettuce leaves for sandwiches this morning!  Don't let me put if off again.

We insist that you engage in vegetable preparation activities!

(How's that?)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2