Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I was out at the mall today while waiting for my car to be fixed at the mechanic's across the street.  There were a number of people wearing masks - under their chins.  It doesn't work that way, people!

No, I've read this spreads through the eyes so they need to be covering their eyes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

You're awake? It's got to be be 3:30 or 4:30 where you're at!

5:30. I get up at 5, get husband out the door (ADD) and sleep from 6 to 8 hopefully. It's been really hard on me and one of the reasons I'm pushing for a real job.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Spudater said:

This baby is already so jealous of her space. Whenever I try to tuck my leg up under me I can feelher little fists working like, “mama, why are you squishing my head?!”

I always swore that John spent my entire pregnancy with one leg sticking out. Everyone said that I was crazy, but then when he was born he would only sleep with one leg sticking out. That was very uncomfortable!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I feel blind here because I can think of tons of calorie laden goodness, but I don't know anything about your DS. So far, I see no to avacodo and whole nuts. Any other food restrictions, allergies, or dislikes? I keep thinking of things like homemade mac n cheese, scalloped potatoes, milkshakes, and peanut butter brownies.... all the comfort foods.

Nothing chewy, crunchy, or sticky (braces), not even a trace of gluten (it's why he's underweight to begin with), no food coloring (gives him a headache), and I try to only provide dairy for him that will not tempt me (I enjoy it but it drains me of energy, to the point that a depression screening seems like a good idea). And he hates anything spicy (as do I) and gives sullen looks in the general direction of eggs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Slache said:

He's leaving an hour late. I swam in the sea sharing a conspiracy theory that we're all about to die of the black plague. Not really.

Come on over and get some elderberry syrup.  It's magical protection. :biggrin:  (I made it myself.  Eye of newt and bat wing and all the good stuff!)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Morning. I haven't been swimming in the sea. It's too full of sharks. 

I turned in my novel MS to my agent yesterday. Since then, I've been at loose ends, trying to figure out what to do next. I'm sure I'll have edits to attend to before the book goes out on submission, so there's no sense in starting something new just yet. I have a short story to send out, maybe two, and one to write, and then I guess I'll see what else I can write before I have more revision to do. There's some other things I can type up as well, like my scene index, just in case anyone needs it (I don't do the things for me because I tend to remember my scenes in almost photographic detail--but I'm getting older, and maybe at some point I might want those indexes!)

• Like 8

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

Another busy day.  School and work. I have one family to visit and DS has a soccer game at 4:00. I’m still hanging on to this sinus infection. It’s not horrible yet. I’m tying to decide if I should call the tele-doc and get some meds or not.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

I do it all the time. Makes me feel old.

Ugh. I do it on the keyboard, and I will even write some letters backward while handwriting character profiles when I'm not watching out for my reversals. As far as I know, I don't have dyslexia, but sometimes I wonder. I still reverse b and d if I'm not paying attention.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Youngest's head is getting so heavy in the crook of my arm that I'm beginning to lose the feeling in my hand. He's snoring. It's adorable. I think he's sleeping hard enough now to chance a trip to the coffeemaker. Wish me luck.

I always thought limbs going to sleep was because of lost blood flow from compression, but I read somewhere recently that it is because of compression of the nerves--they lose the ability to send signals.

Fascinating.

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I don't have dyslexia, but I have noticed certain patterns in keyboarding mistakes when I have a migraine coming on.  The most common mistake is using the wrong hand to type the letter -- so if I want to type an a, instead of using the pinky on my left hand I will use the pinky on my right hand and end up with ;

I also sometimes reverse directions -- like if I am supposed to move a finger up on the keyboard, such as to type a t, I will go down instead of up and type a b.

It's actually kind of fascinating that I can see the patterns of how my brain is misfiring.

• Like 4

Good Morning! I was out of k-cups, then found some ground coffee in the freezer.  Phew!  

(((Krissi))). Hoping you can kick the sinus thing without a trip to the doctor.  

I'm investigating why it takes DS12 soooooo much longer than the girls to get his independent work done.  Turns out it's because he's responsible and actually doing the work until he masters it.  :blink:

Off to rescue the meatballs from the freezer.  Thanks for the reminders!  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Slache said:

No, I've read this spreads through the eyes so they need to be covering their eyes.

Lol. I actually know why so many pulled the masks down under their chin. Before my immune meds I used to have to wear a mask whenever I went out in the winter months. Those masks get so hot from your hot humid breath. It probably depends on what the masks are made of but I found them uncomfortable. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Junie said:

We just watched Mary Poppins (dd9, dd11, and dd13 for the first time) and there's a lot of singing and dancing going on while people are getting ready for bed.

Just a spoonful of sugar...

Close your eyes; don't go to sleep.

We might watch Mary Poppins Returns tomorrow night.  Dd15 has been waiting a while to see this, but we decided that we needed to wait until everyone had seen the original first.

Yes, must do things in order. We did the same for Gymnast.

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I haven't been swimming in the sea. It's too full of sharks. 

I turned in my novel MS to my agent yesterday. Since then, I've been at loose ends, trying to figure out what to do next. I'm sure I'll have edits to attend to before the book goes out on submission, so there's no sense in starting something new just yet. I have a short story to send out, maybe two, and one to write, and then I guess I'll see what else I can write before I have more revision to do. There's some other things I can type up as well, like my scene index, just in case anyone needs it (I don't do the things for me because I tend to remember my scenes in almost photographic detail--but I'm getting older, and maybe at some point I might want those indexes!)

I can send you my stuff, and then you won't have to worry about your stuff for a while...

• Like 4

Morning.  I slept in today then had to set up school since I didn't do it yesterday, before having my tea.  Now it's almost 11am and I'm still having my tea.

I have a robotics workshop this afternoon about 45 minutes away.  Before that I need to do some laundry, run out to the science center for supplies, make a sample scribble robot, and I want to get some mazes laminated but I'm not sure if I'm going to do that or not.  I really should but that place is about 30 minutes away and has really crappy parking. 

I need to find a better way for the kids to turn in their schoolwork and for me to check their schoolwork.   I'm not home when they do a lot of it so we need a system.  They used to be better at it, but lately I think everyone is getting too relaxed about getting things done.

ETA:  a school, work, workshop booya.   I'm not sure how I got the booya, it didn't seem like I read that much since the last one. 

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 4

Oh yeah, my assemblies yesterday went well.  Kids had fun, they asked a little about having us come back next year.   I felt like each group went too fast but it didn't seem to be a big issue.   Part of it was when the kids were trying things out and exploring things (and getting a little loud), the teachers would lock it down and I felt like I needed to move on.  I would have given them more time to explore.    This was my first time doing something like that and now I know better what to expect if I do it again.  I'm not even sure I want to do it again but the money was good for one day of work.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

After many hours and a trip to the hardware store I finally got my bathroom sink unclogged.

BUT

the plastic part at the bottom of the drain pop-up snapped off when I was trying to get stuff reassembled (I'd taken the trap out).

Now I need to go back to the hardware store. I'm debating not getting a new pop-up and instead just getting a strainer of some kind to cover the drain.

As an aside, I now know why plumbers often switch to other professions after a certain age. Working on hands and knees and twisting to reach cramped spaces is not easy on the body.

• Like 5

Ok. We noticed I felt significantly better on the trip than when I'm home. We think I'm reacting to the apartment. What is it?

• All of our food is put away in cabinets and the fridge
  • All of the cleaning supplies are kept in a closet
  • The dog came with us
  • No one is showing signs of black mold
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Slache said:

Ok. We noticed I felt significantly better on the trip than when I'm home. We think I'm reacting to the apartment. What is it?

• All of our food is put away in cabinets and the fridge
  • All of the cleaning supplies are kept in a closet
  • The dog came with us
  • No one is showing signs of black mold

The roaches

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Slache said:

They're not in our food and we treat in our apartment so there aren't many. Do you still think so?

I don't know. I just remember an associate of mine reacting to them because of the mess they leave behind. She said there was a telltale smell too.

• Like 2

I did things. Scary things--like subbing two stories to two different magazines. And they are so different that it would be hard to tell the same author wrote them. Other than that, I'm trying to be good and not do too many things. I did the laundry, cleaning, and so forth, but will try to just work on little writing exercises, and maybe some short stories and character work whilst I wait. The waiting IS the hardest part....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Not to mention the issue is a catalyst to the pregnancy symptoms. If I have an allergy to trees that I didn't even notice last year I will not complain. 

I feel better after closing the window. Possibly the power of suggestion or just a few good minutes. We'll see.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I don't know what symptoms you're experiencing, but this allergy does exist. I never would've known except it's one of the allergens that are automatically tested for in regular allergy testing and I tested allergic, among many other allergies.

https://www.healthline.com/health/cockroach-allergy

It just exacerbates my morning sickness.

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm allergic to lots of outdoor stuff. Mostly grasses, weeds, and trees.

I am, too.

55 minutes ago, Slache said:

The consequences of an allergy are something I would much rather face than the consequences of poisoning myself.

You're not going to poison yourself over this (cockroach) allergy. It's not toxic.

Edited by Renai

10 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm allergic to lots of outdoor stuff. Mostly grasses, weeds, and trees. Allergy pill to the rescue!

My friend's son was allergic to many as well. And, she would want me to take care of him sometimes. I have a garden! And weeds! I also had a cat and a dog at the time. He was allergic to them too. I liked her son but hated to take care of him because I kept thinking he might accidentally die at my house. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Renai said:

I don't know. I just remember an associate of mine reacting to them because of the mess they leave behind. She said there was a telltale smell too.

I'm allergic to roach poo.  Which typically doesn't show up on the skin prick for northerners, except that I was exposed to them once in Florida on a family trip when I was 8.  

I have a theory that I'm allergic to other rodent poos as well (like mice).  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lots of little ducklings said:

I'm allergic to roach poo.  Which typically doesn't show up on the skin prick for northerners, except that I was exposed to them once in Florida on a family trip when I was 8.  

I have a theory that I'm allergic to other rodent poos as well (like mice).  

From what I've read on the internet it doesn't matter unless it gets in your food which is not a problem here. Do you disagree?