Menu

Ignore this thread!

Dd16 made Mexican wedding cookies.

Dh ate some.

This is a very good thing, he's refused every other food I offered him today and not eating is very, very bad for his mood (it's a cycle thing, he doesn't eat when he is depressed but not eating makes the depression worse).

I am very glad he ate. Means he might even make it in to work tomorrow.

It's been one of those weeks.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Well, Frodo is short a finger, but Middle Earth is saved. Sam is my favorite guy. Or maybe Gimli. Though Pippin and Merry would be awesome to go to the pub with.

Sam really is the best.

I have a cat named Frodo 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Junie said:

Speaking of spoilers.  I avoided the ITT after church because ds19 recorded the football game and we just finished watching it.  We were actually cheering for the same team tonight, so we are both happy with the result of the game.  🙂

Sorry, I always force you guys to “watch” the games with me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Cheeto is being very loud, too, but not because of sportsball.

I want oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Oatmeal is good for making milk, so I should make cookies, right?

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Cookies are done. Requisite amount of dough has been consumed. I am never going to lose any weight this way. Back to the game. Philadelphia is still losing. I really need to get some stuff prepared for the girls tomorrow.

Speaking of oatmeal cookies. It reminds me of the story I read about another woman who was looking for advice on making milk and the doctor told her to eat oatmeal every morning. When she came back a few months later with the same problem, she was also about 100 pounds heavier. The doctor inquired about the weight gain, and apparently, the woman had been eating three bowls of oatmeal cookies every day.

Context is everything...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good Morning.  It's going to be a looooooong day.   Up until midnight setting up school, then for some stupid reason still couldn't sleep.  I'd say I got about 4 hours sleep.

Three classes, no tutoring but 4-H tonight.  So could be worse.   On the bright side, all classes are planned for the week and all school is set up for the week so my evenings after tonight should be mostly free other than tkd/gym.  That will help.  

My plan for today is just lots of caffeine.

Today also starts my no added sugar/no sweets for 2 weeks.   Day 1, here we go.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I’m making oatmeal cookies. I blame Bookie for that. She’s a bad influence.

Serves you right!  :laugh:

10 hours ago, Slache said:

Shush! Have not read or seen them!

Get on that.

9 hours ago, maize said:

You need to fix that pronto.

I recommend the books.

Yes, please read the books.  The films leave out some major elements that change the meaning of the story.

7 hours ago, Slache said:

Alex sleepwalking and crying day two.

Epsom salts baths.

• Like 4

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

It's the 12th Day of Christmas - a blessed Epiphany to you all!

I have two meals to put together today, but I did the mushroom, cheese, and onion prep last night so that will save on time.  My hands still smell like onions.  I need to print out the chapters of the next Writing and Rhetoric book before story time, and figure out what song we'll start learning.  Might need to copy that too.  Need to call the dentist about my chipped tooth.

Children's choir and Scouts tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!,!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩

I woke up waaaaay early this morning!! I knew I wanted to start waking up like a half an hour earlier because..... I just needed to get an earlier start to my day. But I woke up a good hour earlier, but I couldn’t fall back to sleep because DH was snoring.

Starting back up to school and work today with an extreme case of the I-don’t-wannas.

• Like 5

The two slow-cooker meals (hamburger hash and Western casserole) are finally all done and in the freezer.  I made up a vegetarian version of each to have when dd21 is home.  Round 2 of freezer meal cooking might start this weekend. 

Morning lessons have happened with relatively little sobbing.  Ds15 said it felt so good to have a tired brain.  :blink:  Not sure where that boy came from, but he's welcome to stay! :laugh:

Just putting my feet up for ten minutes before getting things ready for story time.  I forgot to check if the W&R pages printed out correctly.  And I haven't called the dentist yet. Maybe I'll put that off until tomorrow.  Because phone call.  That involves scheduling.  

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

It was cold here this morning.  I had ice on my windshield.  I take comfort in the fact that it will be back up to 80 by the end of the week.

I'm supposed to be coming out of my 7 year homeschooling slump right about now.  But I'm not.  I still don't wanna. I was able to blame it on moving for a while there. I don't really have an excuse anymore.  I think I need something big to shake things up.  I have no idea what.  Adventure is out there!  I just need to find it...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ikslo said:

It was cold here this morning.  I had ice on my windshield.  I take comfort in the fact that it will be back up to 80 by the end of the week.

I'm supposed to be coming out of my 7 year homeschooling slump right about now.  But I'm not.  I still don't wanna. I was able to blame it on moving for a while there. I don't really have an excuse anymore.  I think I need something big to shake things up.  I have no idea what.  Adventure is out there!  I just need to find it...

Another baby?!?!

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Walking around the grocery store with 5 kids is enough exercise for 4 weeks pp, right? (Please say yes.) And it totally warrants pizza for dinner, right?

Still haven't made cookies, but I did set the butter out to soften (or actually, I had Reader do it), and that counts as progress.

Y'all, I don't know why I thought I could manage having 5 children. Today was the first time we went our of the house by ourselves, and it wasn't pretty. Really, just having them all at home when Dave went back to work last week was hard, and we vegged out in front of screens most of the week. I'm borderline having panic attacks thinking about starting school next week! Please remind me that this gets easier, because right now that feels like a lie I'm telling myself to feel better.

I bought Dove dark chocolate squares and a ton of beautiful, colorful produce. It made me happy.

It gets easier.  When littlest dd was born, the others were 9, 7, 5, 3, and 2.  When you get to the point of only having one in diapers it gets much, much easier.  Also when they can all get food into their own mouths fairly reliably.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Junie said:

It gets easier.  When littlest dd was born, the others were 9, 7, 5, 3, and 2.  When you get to the point of only having one in diapers it gets much, much easier.  Also when they can all get food into their own mouths fairly reliably.

Yes, what she said!  Also, when your youngest is 10, you'll feel like a whole new world is opening up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

How was your day, Toto? 

Super busy but I'm almost done.  We're dissecting a sheep brain in 4-H and then I can go home and crash.

I ended up going to the gym too.  My tutoring student cancelled and then I started feeling guilty so decided to go.  I did the first 3 miles of my 100 miles.  So far without 4-H I have over 11,000 stops.   I've avoided added sugar and sweets (except a tsp of honey in my tea) all day.    So, all in all a good day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I'm home. Slightly dead. I think we picked a place. If I only made $300 do I have to claim it if we're filing jointly?

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

How was the apartment, Slache?

$150 more than I wanted, 200 square feet more than any other place we looked at, 5 minutes from church.

2 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

I’m sitting here in my room looking at the house I want with The Girl playing MineCraft and singing the soundtrack to The Greatest Showman with Captain dancing. Happy.

Slache, found an apartment or townhouse? Just in case you want to move to Houston, a new place is opening up across from my neighborhood.

I wanted Houston (big town for $, close to the beach for me) but Matt said no.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

C’mon, Houston has an awesome homeschool store. And I would love to meet you. Why not? 

Flooding and crime. So instead we live in the part of San Antonio that floods and has high crime rates. It's better.

Lemme see the house!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I painted all the things. This made me very happy. I also cleaned and cooked a bit, so not like I was a total hedonist, but it sure was nice to hide in my studio (aka the master bedroom/ writing lair/ cat nest) and use a paintbrush instead of a pencil, and a easel instead of the laptop for a change. I have one more character picture to finish and then I have to draw more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

Y’all want to see the house I want?

It may end up being a non option depending on the mortgage meeting tomorrow. We have great credit, make good money, and have few debts. It’s the upfront we have a problem doing. Aren’t there any 100% loans anymore? 

I want to see the house!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I don't know if this gives me hope or depresses me. 50/50, I guess. Knowing it'll get easier gives me hope. Seeing you say that with THAT many children, while I'm struggling to balance a 9yr old and 1yr old with another on the way honestly makes me feel like a bit of a failure.

It is always a struggle but you figure things out as you go along. When I was overwhelmed as a young mother my mom told me how overwhelmed she was with her first, how it seemed to be more than she could do just to get herself and the baby ready for church on a Sunday.

I grew up watching my mom manage a large household while cheerfully packing up and moving to a new country every few years, she seemed supremely competent to me. 

I think it is in the doing that we gain the strength to do the things we need to do, so of course we don't have the strength walking into things.

• Like 4