Menu

Ignore this thread!

12 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I want to take a moment and acknowledge in public how wonderful Dave has been these last few weeks. Between back to back colds, anemia, and back to school/preparing for baby confusion, he's been a rock and a helper. It's so, so different from even a year ago. Thank You, Jesus!

I can’t like this enough!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Like 5

I'm partway through the girls' clothing swap, partway through Bible study, and groceries are home now but most haven't been put away. I also sent off photos to my sister for my Mom's 70th, minus the first three years of my life, which were apparently eaten by the @#$% crawlspace. (Or it turns out I was right all along and was indeed adopted.) 

Oh! And I trimmed my toenails!  Trophies for this accomplishment are not necessary but certainly welcome. 

Dd10 is sleeping on the couch with a bowl.  She had a low fever this afternoon, poor thing. Thanks for the hugs and prayers.  

It is warm and raining softly through the trees outside our open window. Wishing I could send it to those of you who need it.  

Happy sleep, all.

• Thanks 6

Morning.  I was super behind on reading, didn't get to read any ITT yesterday.  Long day with classes, tutoring, and 4-H but all went well.  

I still didn't sleep that well last night despite two days of no sleep and a busy day.  I'm suspecting hormonal.  Anyone remember the last time I said I didn't sleep well and thought it was hormonal?  I really should start keeping track.  Won't be able to do anything about it but at least I might be able to be prepared.

Three classes, one tutoring session today so a light day and finishing early(ish).   Then I'll need to work on finishing up tomorrow's classes.

• Like 7

Good morning!

Ducks, I'm impressed that you are so far along in wardrobe switching - it takes us at least a week, and then even longer to get the bins put away.

The girls have fall break from orchestra tonight, so we get to be home all day!  Ds14 picked out a cello from the shop to try at home for a week.  Instruments have gotten a lot more expensive since I was a teenager.  Sigh.  The struggle is real!  :laugh: 

Coffee!

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

School!!  Work!!!! Oh, and I have a cut-and-color today. 

Lilly-Cat is so much trouble. I had to go upstairs to let her in or she would just cry at the balcony door until she woke the girls up. So, I let her in and she stands there until I pick her up and cuddle her and carry her down stairs and reassure her that I still love her even though she is a big pain in the patootie. I don’t know why I do this for her. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Lilly-Cat is so much trouble. I had to go upstairs to let her in or she would just cry at the balcony door until she woke the girls up. So, I let her in and she stands there until I pick her up and cuddle her and carry her down stairs and reassure her that I still love her even though she is a big pain in the patootie. I don’t know why I do this for her. 

Because you really do love her and you’re a good cat mommy. 

• Like 5

Morning! Lots to write today, and I'm helping a writing friend working on a graphic novel. Those things are HARD! Talk about forcing a writer to focus that story like a laser beam and detail an image in words to the clearest image possible. Very tough, very intense. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Raise your hand if "When Can I See You Again" from Wreck-it Ralph would be one of your top choices for music played at your wedding.

Um no?  LOL.  Let's just imagine for a moment that it was a special song for whatever reason - maybe have it at the reception as a fun dance song (if you're having a DJ and dancing at the reception).  Is your string quartet going to play it at a wedding?  

• Like 1

Good Afternoon!  Coffee!!

Thanks for all the toenail trophies.  I'm on Amazon right this instant looking for a display case for them. Walnut or oak?

Dh stayed with ducklings, including sick duck, for the morning while I went to my meeting.  He ended up taking them to the gym and putting them through a grueling basketball+ swim+ 20 laps around the track routine.  Not my usual remedy for illness, but yay for tired ducklings!

Continuing with the clothing swap. It's only going so quickly because I'm basically skipping school to get it done. It helps that the only clothes I need to save away anymore are ds12s for ds5.  The girls can pass down directly, and the after the littlest dd and ds, they get donated.   The buying part is the most painful.  Because $. 

• Like 4

Also, can I just say that I hate it when companies size their kids' clothes 8-10 and 12-14, with nothing in between?   What I am to do with Dd9 and Dd10.5? I don't care if the garments are exactly the same size.  Just give them different tags! There is a laundry sorting protocol at stake here, people!  Never mind the Official Algorithm for Maintaining Adherence to the Hand-Me-Down Code Without Causing Middle Duckling to Break Down in Tears.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Also, can I just say that I hate it when companies size their kids' clothes 8-10 and 12-14, with nothing in between?   What I am to do with Dd9 and Dd10.5? I don't care if the garments are exactly the same size.  Just give them different tags! There is a laundry sorting protocol at stake here, people!  Never mind the Official Algorithm for Maintaining Adherence to the Hand-Me-Down Code Without Causing Middle Duckling to Break Down in Tears.

She speaks the truth!  Wise Ducks, she is!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Um no?  LOL.  Let's just imagine for a moment that it was a special song for whatever reason - maybe have it at the reception as a fun dance song (if you're having a DJ and dancing at the reception).  Is your string quartet going to play it at a wedding?  

Yes - it's one of the requests for a wedding, but I'm not sure if it's for the prelude or ceremony.  Hopefully prelude.  It would be particularly awkward for the ceremony.  I'm trying to work out a basic arrangement because otherwise all we have to play off of is an 8-page piano score which really really won't work very well.

• Like 2

Dd15 is enjoying the pair of cheap pennywhistles that I bought her recently.  It only took her a few minutes to figure out how to play them.  Her pennywhistles are in the keys of C and G, so she's already wanting to learn to transpose music so that she can play more songs.  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Raise your hand if "When Can I See You Again" from Wreck-it Ralph would be one of your top choices for music played at your wedding.

Maybe that movie was their first date?  It is a nice song and speaks to wanting to be with someone which would describe most people's feelings during dating.  I think that it's sweet. 

Though - being electronic music, perhaps not what I would choose to be played by strings.  

ETA:  do you play the synthesizer?!

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Oh my word, this is my problem exactly!!!

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Openhearted said:

Hello, my lovely friends!  I miss everyone! Life has been crazy hectic lately, but everyone is healthy. Imma bed now. But I will check in tomorrow. 😍

sweet dreams everyone

:wub:

Good Night, [Openhearted].  May the Great Snapping Turtle whisk you away to Dreamland, where Orcas play in pristine lakes of blue.  And cabana boys are on-hand to fulfill your every whim.  (JJM)

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It turns out that ALL the wedding music is Disney.  I wonder if that means we can play Star Wars!  My brother had the Throne Room March music for his wedding recessional.

We requested one Disney song and they assumed we were Disney freaks and played mostly Disney songs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I got started with painting a bedroom wall with chalkboard paint today.

Lest anyone be impressed by this accomplishment, you should know that it has been three full months since I bought the chalkboard paint AND moved the furniture to the middle of the room in preparation for painting. The project has been stalled at that point ever since, with the room becoming the favorite dumping place for All Junk because of course it isn't set up for any more practical use with all the furniture jumbled in the middle.

Edited by maize
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, maize said:

I got started with painting a bedroom wall with chalkboard paint today.

Lest anyone be impressed by this accomplishment, you should know that it has been three full months since I bought the chalkboard paint AND moved the furniture to the middle of the room in preparation for painting. The project has been stalled at that point every since, with the room becoming the favorite dumping place for All Junk because of course it isn't set up for any more practical use with all the furniture jumbled in the middle.

This is very impressive!  Worthy of chocolate and trophies and accolades of all kinds!  🏆🏆🏆

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Morning, Happy Humph Day.   In addition to being Fall, it's rainy and gloomy which is making it dark and gloomy.  Which makes it harder to get out of bed at 6:30am.  But I did.  

Well done!

I am not out of bed. It is only 5:38 here and I shouldn't be awake.

I'm going up turn on a boring audiobook and try to go back to sleep.

• Like 7

Good morning, ITT! Trophies for all your Thing-Doing, including Child Maintenance Activities. 🏆

ITT housekeeping staff, please report to the kitchen: Current status is advisory level Unfortunate.

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7