• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart

Posted Images

So after saying she wasn't coming what'sherface came. :blink: I'm fairly certain she was trying to catch me with a messy house because she came unannounced and then asked for a tour. She brought her husband :wub: and his family. They've lived here 30 years, have 2 kids and have never been to Six Flags. John took the opportunity to show off his snake and everyone thought she was awesome except for what'sherface. The sister didn't touch her but called her beautiful which is a much more polite way to not like a child's pet. What'sherface should have taken notes. Alex was not excited that what'sherface was here which she took personally. Ok. Hopefully we never have to do that again.

I was in my jammies. I did not change because she said they only had a minute but stayed for 45. I'm not sure if that was rude of me. I'm not too concerned.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

I started this afternoon with $1326.13 worth of stuff in in RR cart, I am now down to $779.23.

Progress but I still need to cut that in half.

I tend to shop this way, I use the cart more like a wish list and then winnow it down.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I had a productive day.  Cleaned, did laundry, put some iron ons on a jacket and a hoodie for the business.   I wanted to try out doing them at home and they came out okay.  Probably not professional quality but I like them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I bought french bread pizza earlier, only ate one of them and dd ate my other one.  I keep forgetting that kid actually eats a bunch of stuff.  I never have to worry about ds stealing my food. 

Since I couldn't have my second french bread pizza, I had some roasted red peppers and mozzarella cheese.  Now I'm going to have ice cream.  

• Like 4

Dh and I just got new Galaxy S10 phones.  They are annoying me.  None of my games are set up as they are supposed to be, I have to start all over again.  And it feels so thin and delicate.  I have a case coming from Amazon tomorrow.  

My camp for this week is all planned out but I have an informational meeting about the new 4-H robotics club on Tuesday and have some work to do with that.   Then of course, I have to prepare school and my regular classes.  

Edited by Where's Toto?
ETA: an annoying phone booya.
  • Like 5

Speaking of the robotics club...... We know we are going to end up turning people away.    We only have equipment and space for so many members.  We have an informational meeting on Tuesday, and then we have a bunch of people who are interested but can't attend the meeting.  

How would you handle who gets to join and who is on the waiting list?  We were thinking first registered, but how do we handle those people who can't come to the meeting?  Do we send them the information before the meeting?  Right after the meeting?  We may get all the members we can handle at the meeting.     

We were also hoping to collect dues to make sure people who signed up were definitely serious about it, but technically we aren't allowed to collect dues yet since we need to submit paperwork after this meeting and then wait for a tax id#.  I was thinking we could collect registration forms and checks, but hold the checks until the paperwork is done and we can open an account.  I guess we could just collect registration forms and make the payments due at the first meeting.  But I really don't want to spend half the first meeting chasing down dues.   It seems like it would be easier to do that at the informational meeting.

• Like 4

I finally told the Tech Tuesday job that I wasn't coming back.  We were debating for a little while if it was worth continuing but decided it's really not worth the hassle and my classes have hit the point of being self-supporting so I don't need the extra money the way I did before.   I just told them with the second 4-H club and my classes, I didn't have the time to give it the attention it deserved.  In reality, in addition to not needing it anymore, they seem to be taking it in a direction I have no interest in participating in.  It wouldn't be fun for my anymore.  

• Like 6

This is my week to get people mad at me. Apparently I made a mistake with both rabbit and dog sitters and picked them up a day earlier than I had said. And Rusty almost died while we were gone because he had maggots in his bottom- something none of the rabbit care sites said to look for or even pointed out as an area needed care. I "mea culpa"'d big time with the rabbit rescue lady. 

• Sad 9
18 minutes ago, maize said:

Final total $286.32.

What did you get!?

10 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

This is my week to get people mad at me. Apparently I made a mistake with both rabbit and dog sitters and picked them up a day earlier than I had said. And Rusty almost died while we were gone because he had maggots in his bottom- something none of the rabbit care sites said to look for or even pointed out as an area needed care. I "mea culpa"'d big time with the rabbit rescue lady. 

(((Jean & Rusty)))

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Thank you! I've been waiting for this to come out. I bought one. Way to go on #1!

Thanks! We made #1 in two categories now: Homeschooling, and Women & Business. 😄 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Dd and I are trying to talk dh into getting a bunny.   or a goat.  He's actually more likely to go for the goat.  But I want a bunny.  I've had them in the past and we saw a bunch at the other county 4-H fair when we went to talk to the robotics people.  They were so cute, and soft, and fluffy.  

• Like 6
31 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Dd and I are trying to talk dh into getting a bunny.   or a goat.  He's actually more likely to go for the goat.  But I want a bunny.  I've had them in the past and we saw a bunch at the other county 4-H fair when we went to talk to the robotics people.  They were so cute, and soft, and fluffy.  

25 minutes ago, Slache said:

Goats are less work.

I've always wanted a goat. I told dh years ago we should get a milk goat. But, he said no. Since we found out Gymnast is allergic to goat dairy anyway, I guess it worked out alright.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Slache said:

What did you get!?

Some Beast Academy math books for ds9 and dd11, Life of Fred language arts books for my language arts despising ds14, a few math games, various levels of Handwriting Skills Simplified, a few spelling books and odds and ends for the younger kids, and a model jet engine kit. 

Stuff adds up fast but I'm proud of myself for paring it down as far as I did :)

• Like 7

Good Sunday Morning!  Coffee is ready.  60 degrees out this morning - makes me want to wear something comfy to church.  I suppose I should not go in my bathrobe.  

Yay for twin ITT birthdays (belated), and new bunnies, and Jean at home and Rainbow Resource orders.  Hugs for disappointment and returning UTIs.  

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

Dh and I just got new Galaxy S10 phones.  They are annoying me.  None of my games are set up as they are supposed to be, I have to start all over again.  And it feels so thin and delicate.  I have a case coming from Amazon tomorrow.  

My camp for this week is all planned out but I have an informational meeting about the new 4-H robotics club on Tuesday and have some work to do with that.   Then of course, I have to prepare school and my regular classes.  

I like mine, but yeah--an Otter Box? Definitely worth it.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Critter needs a week at the Mountain Lodge!  Or maybe a month!  

I absolutely do! But I have about ten days of tough left, and then I can take that mountain lodge retreat! And actually--I really, totally, might do something very similar to that. A day out at my favorite mountain and lake area, where I can renew my enthusiasm and commitment to my story, and then process my thoughts and feelings in words after. That will be nice.

• Like 4

Morning. I lived, per ITT regs. Now I will settle down in my bunker and work hard while keeping an eye on things. September is going to be busy, but I think the worst of everything will be over by then. I got my appointment for endoscopy--middle of September. At least that will be done, and maybe we'll learn something that could be helpful. 

Today I need to write, get the grocery list done, and restructure school schedules because I have to work a few extra days this week. And get my writing schedule thought out for September, and buy some books. Also ready to start sketching two new art pieces and work on one more today. I can't wait to frame this one I just finished and get it up on my wall. Being surrounded my my pictures on the wall is surprisingly relaxing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1