Menu

Ignore this thread!

So our Amazon packages that got "forwarded" to MIL's house don't show any update to the tracking after the weren't delivered to our house.   It's Halloween costume stuff.  Now I don't know what to do.  I don't want to rebuy because I don't know if we can get a full refund, and I can't cancel the order at this point. 

• Sad 5

Rough night last night. Dh didn’t get home until almost midnight. As he came in the door he announced that he might be getting a call in a bit to go back to the airport to pick up an unexpected visitor who would be staying overnight. Svengo. Overnight here where I don’t even have a readily available bed, mind you. I decided to stay in bed until/unless he got the call because the time it took for dh to go to the airport and back should be long enough to get “”something “ ready for a visitor even though I would be embarrassed by the mess.

Since I didn’t know when or if this person would call, I then jumped at every noise for over an hour thinking it was the phone. I did not get good sleep. Oh- and he never got that call.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 2
  • Sad 5

Laundry is started.  Soup is in the IP.  PF heel/foot soaked in Epsom salts.  Dishes and counters have been half dealt with.  Another arrangement uploaded.  Toe nails painted with a pretty color - "So Much Fawn".  :laugh:  And I made a phone call.  Dh is off work today and went shopping for his birthday present.  Ds24 had to go to work, but got last Friday off.  That was after having an "office-moving pizza and beer" party on Thursday!  :cool:  

What should we have for lunch?

ETA: Macaroni and cheese it is!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

I got back this afternoon from a cousin's out-of-state wedding.  A good time was had by all, but many will not remember it.  I drank water and almost became the designated driver for the wedding party.

I had Shirley Temples.

#moreadventurousthanyou

• Like 3

Is ham acceptable for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day dinner?  MIL can be fussy about these things, but it seems OK to me. I think I’ll plan to bring a lasagna for the other meal - I know she’s served that before. (Ham seems easier than turkey or seafood to transport and prepare in someone else’s small kitchen.)

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Is ham acceptable for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day dinner?  MIL can be fussy about these things, but it seems OK to me. I think I’ll plan to bring a lasagna for the other meal - I know she’s served that before. (Ham seems easier than turkey or seafood to transport and prepare in someone else’s small kitchen.)

Oh, definitely!! Ham or turkey is acceptable. Personally, I prefer ham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning.  Still tired.  I think its a combination of time of year (dark and allergies) and busy.   

Yesterday's 4-H went pretty well despite not having my usual co-leader.  Dh covered and helped the younger kids since it was easier to quickly show him Botley and Scratch Jr than to have him do a lesson on Scratch and/or Sphero programming.  Older kids definitely had fun.  Younger kids seemed to do okay but seem to get bored with the activities quicker.  I think we may need to have a secondary, maybe even crafty, activity for them.  And two of the younger kids should be in with the older kids it appears.   They were able to handle the programming stuff.  We were missing 4 or 5 kids so they could come in with the olders, but that won't always be the case so I'll have to think about that too.   We do have a couple activities we didn't pull out without my regular co-leader (Wedo and EV3) that will make a difference.  

• Like 3

Counting this week I have three weeks left to this session.   The next session comes with a week or two off every few weeks (Thanksgiving then Christmas/New Years) so takes longer to get through but tends to be easier thanks to the frequent breaks.  The current session is my only one that goes a straight 8 weeks with no week off (baring snow days).  

• Like 3

I have to figure out when I get throw in a load of laundry when nobody will be showering or doing dishes, it won't have to sit in the washer too long before going in the dryer and I can restart the dryer at least once before having to leave it.   That kind of eliminates first thing in the morning and in the evening.   This may get tricky.

• Like 2

Good morning!

My fitbit is excited this morning because it thinks I got almost 10 hours of sleep last night.  It didn't notice how my heart stopped beating from 7-10pm while it was charging. :laugh:

Dd21 wants us to mail her sewing machine to her.  Uh.  It would probably cost less to buy a new one than to ship it.

My group texts are coming through in large batches about every 8 hours.  It's annoying.

Coffee!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

My fitbit is excited this morning because it thinks I got almost 10 hours of sleep last night.  It didn't notice how my heart stopped beating from 7-10pm while it was charging. :laugh:

Dd21 wants us to mail her sewing machine to her.  Uh.  It would probably cost less to buy a new one than to ship it.

My group texts are coming through in large batches about every 8 hours.  It's annoying.

Coffee!

Or take it to her?  Or wait for Thanksgiving?  Or maybe Uber it to her??!!  

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!

School. Work.

Last night at Bell choir we played an arrangement of “In Dulci Jubilo” that was enharmonic. Susan, what does that mean? Our director used that word. It had a lot of accidentals and key changes. I was dropping one bell and picking up another like there was no tomorrow. Crazy.

Our washing machine is broken. It’s the drain pump. It’s an LG front loader. You know, these energy efficient/water efficient machines are great, but they sure break down easily. We used to have a top loading agitator washing machine and that thing ran for 40 years (DH bought it used) and hardly ever broke down.

Ooooh, I got a Booya/h. It’s an enharmonic Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
It’s a Booya/h, Baby!!
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Enharmonic means one note that can be written in different ways - Eb = D# = Fbb

So sometimes composers/arrangers will write the note one way and then later write the same note a different way depending on what else is going on in the music.

Oh, well, that make sense. My neighbor and I were arguing over the D#/Eb, actually. I got it, because I play the Eb more often than she plays the D#. I so just kept the bell and played it no matter what it was.😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Did I miss the island chopper? Darn it!

I've been busy listening to my Emotions in Fiction class trying to learn myself how to write more good. I don't think it's working. But I'm going to see if I can't apply some of the exercises to the books I'm working on in revision and maybe it'll take.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Nope. The helicopter never showed. Honestly, the staff is not very reliable.

13 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Not true.  They reliably ignore us.  

Rocco told me they’re doing some remodeling of the facilities on the Island, and they aren’t quite ready for visitors yet.  But they are planning a huge Party when they are done. I understand Swen has been spending time in Denmark learning to cook new pastries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Did I tell you guys I'm receiving an air fryer as a gift? Air fryer, dehydrator and rotisserie. 6.3 quarts I think? I'm berry excited! I would have bought one eventually, I've wanted one for a while, but it probably would have been a year or so yet.

I have never been to the island.

• Like 6

I’ve been zipping around town. I met with my health coach then back home to pick up the kids and bring them to the dollar store and then Hobby Lobby. Then home for lunch and afternoon lessons. Now I’m waiting in the kids’ orchestra rehearsal. 

Ds14’s trial cello has not been sent yet and it was supposed to be shipped on Friday. 😒

• Like 3

On 10/13/2019 at 10:01 AM, maize said:

I have got to do something about getting more sleep, I don't think I am averaging more than four decent hours per night.

The problem is a combination of my own insomnia issues and my not yet weaned two year old.

Weaning would be a good first step but I am really, really bad at weaning.

Mine all just decided, at around 6 weeks, to sleep at least 6 hours at night. And decided at about 12 months that life outside the nursing blanket was more interesting than mommy milk.  

Totally not felpful, I know. There is a special trophy for you moms who sacrifice sleep for so long for your babies. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I have to figure out when I get throw in a load of laundry when nobody will be showering or doing dishes, it won't have to sit in the washer too long before going in the dryer and I can restart the dryer at least once before having to leave it.   That kind of eliminates first thing in the morning and in the evening.   This may get tricky.

Wash before prepping dinner, dry right after prepping dinner? Or right after eating dinner? 

This works for me, anyhow.  We don’t have a working dishwasher, but showers are a pain to work around. I also don’t have to restart the dryer.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Wash before prepping dinner, dry right after prepping dinner? Or right after eating dinner? 

This works for me, anyhow.  We don’t have a working dishwasher, but showers are a pain to work around. I also don’t have to restart the dryer.  

I don't prep dinner, dh does.  I'm often not home.  Dh did say if I throw it in the night before, he can run it when he first wakes up, which is really early.  He takes really quick showers so it shouldn't over load things.  By the time I get up, it will likely be done washing and I can throw it in the dryer.   But I can't do that tomorrow because the kids have a pediatrician appointment tomorrow afternoon and will both need to take showers tomorrow during the day.

Oh yeah, we thought it got better but everything is backing up again.  Dh called the septic guy so hopefully he'll be able to get out here to empty it soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I got quite a few things crossed off on my weekly to-do list:

scheduled 6 doctor's appointments, chauffeured, emptied the trash, emptied my suitcase from my weekend trip, completed some duolingo lessons, supervised some homeschool lessons, bought a coat for dd9, ordered groceries

I'm hoping to get at least one or two more items knocked out this evening.

Right now I'm listening to the presidential debate and keeping up with the Nationals-Cardinals game.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I had a busy weekend. I had adorable grandbaby cuteness Friday night and all day Saturday. She slept in the bed with me and slept 6 hours without waking. She likes to snuggle. She is smiling and laughing. So sweet. Then I had her again Sunday night and Monday. 

It was a good school day, but now I'm tired.

It is raining here, finally.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Openhearted said:

I had a busy weekend. I had adorable grandbaby cuteness Friday night and all day Saturday. She slept in the bed with me and slept 6 hours without waking. She likes to snuggle. She is smiling and laughing. So sweet. Then I had her again Sunday night and Monday. 

It was a good school day, but now I'm tired.

It is raining here, finally.

Awwww!  So Sweet!  ❤️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I don't prep dinner, dh does.  I'm often not home.  Dh did say if I throw it in the night before, he can run it when he first wakes up, which is really early.  He takes really quick showers so it shouldn't over load things.  By the time I get up, it will likely be done washing and I can throw it in the dryer.   But I can't do that tomorrow because the kids have a pediatrician appointment tomorrow afternoon and will both need to take showers tomorrow during the day.

Oh yeah, we thought it got better but everything is backing up again.  Dh called the septic guy so hopefully he'll be able to get out here to empty it soon.

Yay for Dh! But boo to the septic.  😞 I hope it's an easy fix for you.  

• Like 2

They are old enough to stay home alone for short stints, but nails are kinda time-consuming.  Plus, I can see the headlines now: Horrible Thing Happens to Five Homeschooled Children While Negligent Mom Gets A Gel Pedi. 

Edited by lots of little ducklings
Edited to edit headline. Because there's no WAY they'd leave THAT little morsel out.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6