Menu

What's with the ads?

OKay, seriously where's the booya?  There should be a booya by now.

ETA:  Okay, a "where's the booya" booya.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Never had jury duty.  I was summoned once but was excused because I was caring for minor children.  

That was the case for me when I lived in The Big City, but they don’t allow exemptions for that in my current town. Fortunately my kids are old enough that it would no longer be a major difficulty to be called to serve. 

• Like 1

I found some sparkling water I like but still call it talking rain so now when my kids get older they're going to call all sparkling water talking rain and not know why like how I say tin foil and heavens to Murgatroyd.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Slache said:

I found some sparkling water I like but still call it talking rain so now when my kids get older they're going to call all sparkling water talking rain and not know why like how I say tin foil and heavens to Murgatroyd.

Slash!  So good to see you. How are you?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Slash!  So good to see you. How are you?

Content. Tired. Unpacked. Broke. Healthy.

How are you?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Never had jury duty.  I was summoned once but was excused because I was caring for minor children.  

Yeah, I am always summoned, but haven't been chosen as a juror.

• Like 2

I'm tired.  I slept like a rock last night.  Fell asleep and next thing I knew it was morning.  Problem was it didn't feel that much like I slept in between.  Anyone ever have that happen?  And you feel more rested, or at least like you slept more when you semi-wake up once or twice?

I'm definitely ready for bed. 

• Like 3

Tonight's basketball game (the championship game) doesn't start until 9:20.  Who made this schedule, anyway?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Bubble bath time!  Ds12 voluntarily mowed the whole front yard by himself!  First time he ever got through more than a couple of swipes.  I finished a couple of spots he missed.  He said, "I would rather do this any day, than school work!"

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Content. Tired. Unpacked. Broke. Healthy.

How are you?

Tired.  Tired.  More Tired.  Good.  

Glad you are healthy!!  And unpacked!  🎉

• Like 4

@Renai, how did you do this?? I got a jury summons in the mail today! *sigh*

I hope they will accept my excuse. I'm fine with serving on a jury in several years, but not this year. DS really can't be left home alone all day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

I hope they will accept my excuse. I'm fine with serving on a jury in several years, but not this year. DS really can't be left home alone all day.

We really need a like that's a Wow/Shocked face!  (((whitehawk)))  Hope you're successful!  

• Like 3

I edittd. I edittedd. I edditted. 

I writted words.

Thus concludes another day in the life of a tired righter. Writter. Word-person.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I edittd. I edittedd. I edditted. 

Tgis is hew I etit two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

I'm sorry.

Here, it doesn't matter if you have children you take care of (get a babysitter), whether you homeschool (get a babysitter), or if you are self-employed and the only one working. They do not care. The last time I was there (February 2017), they DID excuse a new dad - the mom had just given birth a week prior and he was on paternity leave to help her out. Almost 1/3 of us were sole proprietors, and none were excused on the basis that without working, we don't get paid. 

I'm usually not chosen because I've been a victim of rape and have strong views on drugs - any drug, including the "harmless" one that is medically legal in certain instances. They just don't like me once I start talking. 

Yep.

• Like 5

Go to bed already!

I was walking out the door from rehearsal at 9:53!  Excited about that!  No traffic on the way home!  The director of the music for the musical is very good and clear in his instructions.  

Tin foil is important to know about because hats.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Go to bed already!

I was walking out the door from rehearsal at 9:53!  Excited about that!  No traffic on the way home!  The director of the music for the musical is very good and clear in his instructions.  

Tin foil is important to know about because hats.

Yes, ma'am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So, who won? And what game was it anyway?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning!  Supplements!  Coffee!  Work!  School!   Errands!  Housework!   Workout!  At least, I don't have to cook!  Virginia won!  But I fell asleep!  Dh's team won!  

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Renai said:

So, who won? And what game was it anyway?

The NCAA Men's Basketball National Championship.  The University of Virginia won.

• Like 6

Good morning!

Happy Sportsball Victory!

We have morning lessons, though I think ds14 only has cello practice and his research paper to work on.  I need to do some goat banishing, then leave at noon for a matinee/dress rehearsal.  Apparently a bunch of homeschoolers will be in the audience for that.  

It is super foggy out this morning - I can barely see the house across the street!

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

I’ve started lesson planning for next year. I feel so done with this year. Ready to escape into something new and shiny that no one has complained about yet. 😉

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Morning. I hate mornings. I start out sick at my stomach and fearful of even getting out of bed in case it bites me. But I'm up, and have another long day of intensive editing planned. And I only misspelled it once typing it. After another cup of tea, maybe the neurons will fire a little faster. See you this evening. 100 pages or bust today.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Critter! Critter!
She's our gal!
Finish the book
And make the squillions!

(I think this was by Krissi, but I didn't notate it in the achives.)

• Like 6

Dd11 told me a little while ago that she remembers imperative sentences are commands because it sounds like im-parent-ive and parents are always telling you what to do.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Also, I am eating potato chips at 10:00 in the morning.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I do enjoy browsing through the archives from time to time.  We have a lot of poetry concerning insomnia and coffee.  Krissi excells in pie and hot weather poetry.  Jean has a good selection of camp-themed works.  Remember AMJ's bacon operetta? 

Bacon Opera, by AMJ (5/23/17)

Loving mother:  Oh, NO!  I dropped the bacon!

Chorus:  Oh, NO!  She dropped the bacon!

Everyone:  Oh, Wo-oe!  Can the bacon
                     be sa-a-a-aved?

Boys and observers in turn: 
Quickly pick it up now let us get a look at it
Surely it isn't too bad there's just a little bit
of rocks and dirt and other stuff--

Conscientious mother: NO!  It will make us SICK!

All together now:  Woe!  Woe!  We have no bacon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good Morning!!!

No COFFEE!!!!~D yet. I’m ITTing from bed. I’m not sick or anything, I just didn’t want to get up yet. Horrible windstorm last night (it is still very windy ) and it kept us up for hours. SomethIng out there is banging around. I have no idea what it is.

DD1 works in the nursery for the Mom’s group this morning and the kids all have testing this afternoon, so I think we will take it easy this morning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I do believe I am at my whine limit for the day.  

Holy CARP! There's a LIMIT???

I'm doomed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

I’ve started lesson planning for next year. I feel so done with this year. Ready to escape into something new and shiny that no one has complained about yet. 😉

You're just giving them fresh, new meat!

Oh wait!  That's my family, not yours!

Edited by myblessings4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Dd11 told me a little while ago that she remembers imperative sentences are commands because it sounds like im-parent-ive and parents are always telling you what to do.

We are studying the periodic table in science and I still remember from high school chemistry all those little things my BFF and I used to help us remember the symbols. Like Pb is the symbol for lead...”Please Bring your lead (pencil)” and Hg is Mercury ..... “HanG the Mercury (thermometer) on the wall.” But then I remembered that some of our things were a little salty, so I decided not to go in to all that. 😂😂😂 Besides, I don’t think my kids would get or appreciate all our hard work.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It's been a busy day already--we had family devotional, got Dh off to work, got everybody dressed and fed and piled into the car to drop dd11 off at her school, dd15 off at her religious studies class, ds6 off at his school, and ds13 off at his twice a week program. We're home now but leaving soon to take dd4 and ds8 to gymnastics.

Maybe I should sign ds1 up for something to round out our Tuesdays 😛

Edited by maize
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I do enjoy browsing through the archives from time to time.  We have a lot of poetry concerning insomnia and coffee.  Krissi excells in pie and hot weather poetry.  Jean has a good selection of camp-themed works.  Remember AMJ's bacon operetta? 

Bacon Opera, by AMJ (5/23/17)

Loving mother:  Oh, NO!  I dropped the bacon!

Chorus:  Oh, NO!  She dropped the bacon!

Everyone:  Oh, Wo-oe!  Can the bacon
                     be sa-a-a-aved?

Boys and observers in turn: 
Quickly pick it up now let us get a look at it
Surely it isn't too bad there's just a little bit
of rocks and dirt and other stuff--

Conscientious mother: NO!  It will make us SICK!

All together now:  Woe!  Woe!  We have no bacon!

The ITT google link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8AgbG4Z0x4NTWFCVHRLQlhHRkU?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

We are studying the periodic table in science and I still remember from high school chemistry all those little things my BFF and I used to help us remember the symbols. Like Pb is the symbol for lead...”Please Bring your lead (pencil)” and Hg is Mercury ..... “HanG the Mercury (thermometer) on the wall.” But then I remembered that some of our things were a little salty, so I decided not to go in to all that. 😂😂😂 Besides, I don’t think my kids would get or appreciate all our hard work.

Yeah, they should make their own.

Well, just got back from the clinic. Apparently, I'm supposed to be going every 6 months in order to get my bp meds refilled. I haven't been in a year. Bp was 157/117. But, I'm not dead yet. Thankfully.

We're listening to a Chinese cartoon right now. Well, Gymnast is listening. I'm ITTing. I need to drink some water.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Renai said:

The ITT google link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8AgbG4Z0x4NTWFCVHRLQlhHRkU?usp=sharing

YAY!

Well, just got back from the clinic. Apparently, I'm supposed to be going every 6 months in order to get my bp meds refilled. I haven't been in a year. Bp was 157/117. But, I'm not dead yet. Thankfully.

We're listening to a Chinese cartoon right now. Well, Gymnast is listening. I'm ITTing. I need to drink some water.

As they say in Scouting, “Drink water or you will die. No, seriously, you will DIE!”  😂

My BP was 130/88 at the doctor last week. A little high but maybe it can be blamed on the UTI?

• Like 2

When it’s time to go home today, try clicking your heels three times!  Oh, but, you need your car to come home too....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’m being antisocial by hiding in my van and not joining the other musicians over yonder at the picnic table. 

I drove to Kroger and got a chicken salad sandwich for dinner - the store had a huge clothing section and a jewelry store!  And Starbucks. 

• Like 3

Did any of you eat your placenta? It's on the chat board right now.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I am so stinking tired.  

No, I did not eat my placenta, but I've been reading about it on the chat board for a couple days.  We always removed it from the stall after horses gave birth to keep them from eating it.  

• Sad 1