Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Reminds me of the "Catch Me Doing Something Right" campaign during my middle school years.  

Lollipops each time you're caught under the limit!   

You know, I could see that being rather effective--put up a speed camera that didn't give tickets but did give random rewards for drivers going within the speed limit...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Reminds me of the "Catch Me Doing Something Right" campaign during my middle school years.  

Lollipops each time you're caught under the limit!   

A friend had this happen to him.  This police car was following him for over a mile to his home.  He got out, heart racing.  The police officer gave him a commendation for safe driving! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Yesterday I had a perfect blood sugar day and overnight "lost" two pounds.  Today I am working really hard to replicate that.  Dd had pizza and I made her package up the leftovers right away so that I wouldn't be tempted to have a slice because that would have made my bloodsugars shoot up high for sure.  Going to make my salad with protein now. . .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Ds12 is downstairs telling the girls a story over lunch entitled "The Horrors of Tuna Casserole."   The evil villains are the four chefs: Spoon, Fork, Knife, and Spatula.  (Spoon and Fork are twins, in case you wanted to know.). The superheroes who save the day are the Italian Knights, who make ziti instead.

I guess we know HIS opinion of last night's dinner.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Yesterday I had a perfect blood sugar day and overnight "lost" two pounds.  Today I am working really hard to replicate that.  Dd had pizza and I made her package up the leftovers right away so that I wouldn't be tempted to have a slice because that would have made my bloodsugars shoot up high for sure.  Going to make my salad with protein now. . .

Stupid salad.

Bravo on two pounds!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Ds12 is downstairs telling the girls a story over lunch entitled "The Horrors of Tuna Casserole."   The evil villains are the four chefs: Spoon, Fork, Knife, and Spatula.  (Spoon and Fork are twins, in case you wanted to know.). The superheroes who save the day are the Italian Knights, who make ziti instead.

I guess we know HIS opinion of last night's dinner.  

😂😂😂

• Like 1

I took the kids to th doctor and we all got our flu shots. Ha!!! Last year we all were down with the flu for two weeks at Thanksgiving. Yes, the real flu. We had failed to get our shots. But not this year, no sirreeee. We got shots. And donuts. Because you need a reward for getting a shot, IMHO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I ordered more Christmas presents yesterday.  🌲

Over the past couple weeks I have jotted down a couple of gift ideas.  One annoying thing is that we have 5 birthdays between now and early January, so I have to do double duty on gifting.  The Struggle is Real. :laugh:

I bet Queen Ellie has finished her Christmas shopping already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  I'm up, trying to get DD moving.  We'll be at work all day, so it's a heavy school day for DC.  Salads for supper.  We'll probably pick up the children's place orders and a grocery order on our way home tonight.  

I ordered more Christmas presents yesterday.  🌲

9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Over the past couple weeks I have jotted down a couple of gift ideas.  One annoying thing is that we have 5 birthdays between now and early January, so I have to do double duty on gifting.  The Struggle is Real. :laugh:

I bet Queen Ellie has finished her Christmas shopping already.

I need a svengo face emo for the Christmas posts.  Not happy, not sad, not confused.  Or maybe an ostrich burying its head in the sand.  Or I could just give you trophies from now until Dec 20th.  😱😂    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I made a 2 page Christmas list for MIL last night because everything I suggest is too expensive, too age inappropriate, too weird... whatever. It took me 90 minutes. I converted it to PDF and sent it to her. I don't know why she can't just ask them.

We're getting them weighted blankets and upcoming birthdays are an adult paint by numbers for the boy and Prismacolors for the girl.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

And I remembered this morning while doing an errand to grab a bag of Ghiradelli chocolate chips.  

😁

These are one of dh's favorite things to snack on.  He just grabs out a handful and eats them.  We buy the big bags at BJs.

• Like 4

Happy Thursday!  Week is almost over.  I don't know why but this week has been tiring.  And it was a light week - no 4-H meetings, no workshops, very little tutoring.  I think it's hormonal because my skin is doing awful awful things this week.  

It's doing a nice steady downpour today so I probably will not be doing my walk today.  I'm going to do some kickboxing and see if I can at least get my heartrate up a little bit.  Maybe some Leslie Sansone walking videos.  

• Like 3

DD got the form for her black belt test yesterday.  She is super excited.   She has to write an essay and we have to fill in a chart with things like "respects parents and siblings".   A couple are about chores and one is "Makes Bed".  I'm not sure how to answer because we've never asked her to make her bed.  So she doesn't.  But it's not because she refuses to do it.  It's because it's not something we have her do.   So I'm not sure how to answer some of them.   They are worth points and they should add up as close as possible to a certain number so I don't want to do N/A.  

Edited by Where's Toto?
ETA: black belt booya
  • Like 5

My toe that I think I broke tripping over the dog is still swollen and achy.  I think it's been like 2 weeks?  Maybe a little bit more.   Last night I brushed it against the mattress and it hurt enough to keep me awake a little bit.  It doesn't bother me walking or standing and I can wiggle it.  But even the slightest brush against something and OUCH.

• Sad 5

I'm procrastinating going and cleaning up my classroom.  Can you tell?  I am a world-class procrastinator.  I'm particularly good at making it look like I was just prioritizing and taking care of more important things.  It just always ends up that the things I really don't want to do end up being the least important.  Isn't that convenient?

I'm not sure I can convince anyone that posting four (five? six? ) times on ITT is more important.   Darn.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

My mother asked me for Christmas ideas.  I have no clue.  My kids are super hard to shop for.   Clothes and money, and you have to be really careful with the clothes.

Our list has art supplies, instruments, foods, books, science kits, clothes, board games. Some specifics are a trick kite, a tie dye kit, Lego sets, a calendar and action figures. Jean suggested PVC pipes and connections so those are on there. Every year they get new water bottles, socks, underwear and an outdoor toy. When my husband and SIL turned 12 they got one "moving out" thing a year. Blender, vacuum, deep fryer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Slache said:

Our list has art supplies, instruments, foods, books, science kits, clothes, board games. Some specifics are a trick kite, a tie dye kit, Lego sets, a calendar and action figures. Jean suggested PVC pipes and connections so those are on there. Every year they get new water bottles, socks, underwear and an outdoor toy. When my husband and SIL turned 12 they got one "moving out" thing a year. Blender, vacuum, deep fryer.

12 seems young for the moving out stuff.  

Art supplies could work for dd.  Some books but only very specific.  No science kits since they take my science classes,  We have a ton of board games and never seem to play them (although I'm working on that).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I want to start making salads to bring for lunch at the science center.  I like greens, carrot slices, eggs or chicken, crunchy noodles and I have dressing that I also put on my rice and salmon.

I have 30 minutes between classes to clean up, set up and eat lunch so not much time at all.  And that doesn't count if I need to talk to a parent.  So, I need to have salads set up ahead of time.  I've seen the mason jar salads but I don't want to carry glass back and forth.  I want something I can open, add dressing, close, shake, and eat.   So a plastic container would work perfect.  BUT, how far ahead do you think you can set these up (without dressing but with everything else) and still have them be good?  A day?  Two days?  a week?  

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!,~D

Friday Eve!!

School & work today!!

DH’s flight left 35 minutes ago, so he is somewhere between here and LA. He will sit in LA for 4 hours and then go to China. 

I overslept this morning. Kinda on purpose. I just didn’t feel like getting up. So, I didn’t.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

12 seems young for the moving out stuff.  

Art supplies could work for dd.  Some books but only very specific.  No science kits since they take my science classes,  We have a ton of board games and never seem to play them (although I'm working on that).  

But 12 means 2 things per year for at least 6 years so they all had stocked kitchens and such. I thought it was cool.

We do game nights. Sometimes it's family and sometimes 2 groups because older kids are able to do more mature games.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

But 12 means 2 things per year for at least 6 years so they all had stocked kitchens and such. I thought it was cool.

That is cool. Kind of like a modern day Hope Chest. Years ago girls worked on their Hope Chests from when they were young, adding quilts, sheets, towels, all kinds of housekeeping items. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Well, we got home and DS went to the neighbor’s house and they had an extension ladder and got Lily-cat out of the tree. That stupid cat. I highly doubt she has learned her lesson.

Sure she has: Meow louder and eventually Helpful People will do their job!

We are getting a late start this morning.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

That is cool. Kind of like a modern day Hope Chest. Years ago girls worked on their Hope Chests from when they were young, adding quilts, sheets, towels, all kinds of housekeeping items. 

Yes! I remember SIL opening a baking set with cookie sheets, pie tins, measuring cuts, a set of pots and pans, a deep fryer. She was always so disappointed. :laugh:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I made a 2 page Christmas list for MIL last night because everything I suggest is too expensive, too age inappropriate, too weird... whatever. It took me 90 minutes. I converted it to PDF and sent it to her. I don't know why she can't just ask them.

We're getting them weighted blankets and upcoming birthdays are an adult paint by numbers for the boy and Prismacolors for the girl.

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Alex's Christmas list is a Mickey hat with ears, a Mickey book set and a Mickey coloring book. I hope his birthday list has more on it.

I think this post answers your question. 😉

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Your list is better.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Slache said:

Yes! I remember SIL opening a baking set with cookie sheets, pie tins, measuring cuts, a set of pots and pans, a deep fryer. She was always so disappointed. :laugh:

Well, sure if that’s all you get.  But a regular age appropriate gift and then a side gift for the Hope Chest is fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

I want to start making salads to bring for lunch at the science center.  I like greens, carrot slices, eggs or chicken, crunchy noodles and I have dressing that I also put on my rice and salmon.

I have 30 minutes between classes to clean up, set up and eat lunch so not much time at all.  And that doesn't count if I need to talk to a parent.  So, I need to have salads set up ahead of time.  I've seen the mason jar salads but I don't want to carry glass back and forth.  I want something I can open, add dressing, close, shake, and eat.   So a plastic container would work perfect.  BUT, how far ahead do you think you can set these up (without dressing but with everything else) and still have them be good?  A day?  Two days?  a week?  

57 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Probably 3-4 days at a time.  I use Rubbermaid bowls so I can shake really good with dressing.

I was going to say the night before.  But then, food prep is not my speciality.  🤣

• Like 1

I make salads twice a week. 

Halloween shops before and right after Halloween are a good place to look for Christmas gifts as well. Not just costumes, but strange pieces of jewelry, makeup, toys. We typically get each kid one costume a year and my favorite piece of jewelry is a spider encased in glass that I got from a Halloween store.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

We did this with my two but with tools - even for the girl.  So by the end they both have a fully-stocked tool chest. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1