Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

When I did my walk on Saturday I decided to go a little farther than I've been going.  And according to my fitbit, I only went 1.4 miles when before it was showing 1.6 miles.  So, I mapped it on google maps and guess what?   I wasn't walking as far as I thought I was.  <<sigh>>  

Oh well, at least I'm moving right?  I'm trying to decide if I should take some advil before I walk (I definitely need to start remembering to use my inhaler and take benedryl).  I get a lot of foot and knee pain.  I could probably push through and go farther but I'm really worried about hurting myself and I can't afford to hurt myself when I teach 14 classes a week on my feet.  Maybe I should just continue to take it slow and slowly increase my distance as it gets easier.  

Yoga is getting easier.  I can definitely feel and see the difference with what I can do there.  So progress of a sort is being made.  

You ROCK, Toto. Good for you!

• Like 5

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Dh took the van to work because the rattling was making me nervous and I didn't want to drive into The Big City with it this afternoon.  Dd13 had an ortho appt. and got head gear and then we went to the grocery store next door to pick up stuff that Aldi was out of on Friday, and then we went to a sporting goods store to try to find some olive green pants for dd13 to wear to scouts tonight but we had no luck.  I ate 2nd breakfast and kids are eating lunch and in a couple hours we'll leave again for music lessons, children's choir, and scouts.  Soup is in the IP and laundry is in the washer.

More Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dd, Juliet and I had lunch at the tables outside of an independent coffee shop.  Juliet got a taste of my gf ham and swiss breakfast sandwich, the pumpkin scone that dd and I split and the monster cookie that we also split.  She said that it was all very yummy.  She was very good and didn't eat anyone.  I was a bit worried about leaving her chained up to the table while we went in to order and pay but no one approached her and she sat there quietly so all was well. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

(((JJM)))  I'm so sorry. 

We are all home for the night.  The dad of one of the girls passed away recently, and it was hard to hold back the tears when she was getting her awards tonight.  It was a very nice Court of Honor.  Lots of really sweet and fun and dedicated girls and parents.

I finished The Green Ember.  Why don't we have the next book yet?!?

I ate some almonds.  Time for bed.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Could I get some prayers about my elbow and arm?  I hurt it almost 3 weeks ago when Juliet pulled it almost out of joint.  The chiro got it in 50% and then couldn't get it to budge any more.  A week later he got it in another 30% (just a guess from how it felt).  I have been trying not to use it but I keep reinjuring it with life.  Today it hurt so terribly that I went and got an elbow brace.  Dh hurt it even more trying to get it into the stupid brace.  Then I was almost throwing up and/ or passing out from the pain.  (The thing about chronic pain is that I have a hard time gauging pain levels but nausea and lightheadedness are a good clue that it's bad.)  I think that the brace was putting pressure on things and making things worse.  So we managed to get it off and it's manageable at the moment.  But I think that we are reaching the end of a window where this isn't going to just be an acute thing but might end up being one more chronic thing to add to my menu of chronic things. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

Hugs to all of you.  I missed yesterday.  I didn't have access to internet most of the day.

This week is going to be a bit crazy, so I won't be posting much.

I didn't post much last week either.  Dh and I went on a mini-vacation and my mom took care of the girls.  It was very relaxing, but so.much.walking.

My foot is feeling much better after the injection last Monday morning.  On this side of all of the walking, I can tell that the foot is definitely feeling better.  I was told that I will hopefully get 6 months of relief and then I can do the injection again.

Oh, and I apparently passed one of the kidney stones without realizing it.  I had some pain for several days in a row, getting more severe each day (but certainly not as bad as childbirth as I had been warned about) and then no pain for several days in a row.  So I think it's gone.

Anyway, that's my update. 🙂

• Like 8

Good Morning!!,

COFFEE!!!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!!

Another beautiful fall day. Our temps are perfect.... low 70’s, though we’re getting back up to 89 by the end of the week.

I’m visiting 3 new students today. I’ve gotten 7 new students in the past week. That brought my status up to full time, for which I am very thankful, but the vast majority of my students are one per family. If I had 2-3 kids per family it would make things a lot easier, but now I have about 19 families to visit each month. Some are fairly close together, but this is beginning to be a lot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Cozy, snuggly ice pack.  :laugh:

Do you think there might be so much inflamation that your shoulder can't quite get back into place?

Elbow. Maybe?  I can now fully bend my elbow without pain so I think that it’s in place. But if I accidentally rotate my arm (which apparently we do a lot) then “whoa baby “. So the doc thinks tendonitis. Which would mean inflammation of the tendons. 

• Like 3

I'm taking a 20 minute break.  Some Lessons have been completed.  We were out for 3-1/2 hours for the Chinese music concert.  We had to park 1/2 mile away from the place, so it took a bit longer than expected.  It was hot, but we found seats in the shade, so not unbearable.  The music was really amazing.

It's supposed drop 20 degrees next week.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I keep checking the thread but had nothing new to say 

Me neither.  But that doesn't stop me from babbling incoherently!  :laugh:

Oh nice!  An Incoherent Babbling Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends
Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps
But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps... 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We are making "Mexican food" with sour cream, nacho cheese and other authentic Mexican ingredients.

My geography curriculum is coming along.

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am drinking extra bone broth in hopes that it will magically heal my elbow. 

And now I need to make a quick trip to the grocery store and pharmacy 

If I were you I would switch to a prong collar for miss thang.

• Like 2

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

Lol.  I'm pretty sure that you had already noted the prong collar in pictures.  😉  I switched her to one when she was about six months old and was already too strong for me.  She's actually pretty good.  I'm just weak. 

I never remember anything. Rottweilers are a thing though. A fantastic thing, but still a thing!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd13's headgear (braces) came off over night.  Is there a trick to keeping it on?

Is she an octopus sleeper? Dd10s headgear hasn't fallen off but she knocked it crooked the first night or two.  She is supposed to sleep on her back as much as possible.  She's a side-sleeper and hates this, so we compromised with pillows propped around her head/body so she can sort of feel like she's on her side.  We haven't had trouble since.

HTH.  

• Like 4