Menu

Ignore this thread!

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

Any really awful Wells Fargo reviews? We need a local bank and they're offering cash incentives.

I'm pretty sure they make you sing the song before they'll allow you to open an account.

It's a Music Man Booyah!!

Oh the Wells-Fargo wagon is a'comin down the street Oh please let it be for me!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Well, they were fined a billion dollars last year for scamming people. Never tried them myself, though.

Are you by any chance eligible to join a credit union?

I'm a member of one, but credit unions are a pain in the butt in my experience. I want a regular bank for daily use. We have the bank we had in Oregon but there are no local branches.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It feels very weird that my two youngest are away from home tonight. And they’re not together. 

I should get some sleep. 

It always feels weird to me when a family member is gone.

It's funny because it's not like I'm always in the same room or interacting with them when they are here--but if they are away from home I have this constant awareness that they aren't here.

• Like 5

Good morning!

I will need all the coffees today.  I'm working the nursery during Sunday School and they are having a fire drill Oh joy.  As soon as all the parents come to the appointed pick-up place I need to get dd10 from her sleepover and dd13 from her canoe trip and then bring ds14 to orchestra rehearsal.  After that there is an ordination service at the church with a poorly planned reception afterwards (poorly planned because the person in charge made a list of what she wanted to happen and then a couple days ago someone in the church realized that the person in charge seemed to think that submitting a list was the extent of "being in charge of an event" so now everyone is scrambling to get things put together) and Various People in the family are coming down with things and I am having another pre-menopausal period from hell.

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Morning.  Heading to BJs with my mother this morning.  I'm supposed to be at her house at 10am and the plan was to wake up just barely in time, drive through dunkin donuts for some caffeine and go.  Instead the d*** dog woke me up at 7:15am to go outside, got up and realized he got in the trash last night so had to clean that up, and by that point there was no going back to sleep.   So, I'm having my at-home tea with bone broth which is probably better anyway.   I was planning to drive to BJs but I have dh's car since he's down at his parents and he reminded me last night that my mother needs help getting into it (Suburban, it's huge and quite a step up to get into it).  I'm not sure I can give her the help she will need.  So we'll take her car.  Which is a Honda Fit so tiny.  Hopefully neither of us are buying anything too big.

It was ds's turn to get up with the dog, but from the sound of things dd is already awake and jumping around her room so I guess I'll let him sleep in a little.  

I still have done nothing to prepare for Monday's classes and I still need to go to the science center and do some rearranging.  I have boxes of stuff all over the tables so it's not like I can put it off.   

It's going to be a long day.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

I am exhausted. If we spend the day out he snores all night and there's nothing to be done. I think it's from dehydration. I got 1 hour and 46 minutes of sleep. I'm going to bed.

I did spend about 4 hours on the kitchen and a few random areas. Two more 13 gallon bags for the dumpster and we have room for the new Pyrex set I want. My two biggest jobs are done. Now I have little things like tools and clothes. Well... and the outdoor closet...

• Like 6

Morning. I really need to do laundry, scoop the cat boxes, and probably sweep and mop in the house. Instead, I'm going to work really hard and revise 50 pages today that mostly need me typing in the stuff I figured out yesterday. Then I'm going to write hopefully to the end of my last open WIP, and then I will have only editing and character work for October. Drafting in November.

My children are still gone. I expect them back tomorrow.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D. I’m trying a new COFFEE,!!!~D this morning. I just needed a little change in my life. I’ve been drinking McDonal’s Breakfast Blend for years now, and I just decided to be a rebel and gets Peet’s Brazil Medium Roast. I know, I know, y’all better sit down and compose yourself. This is big.🤣

I’s right chilly this morning. About time Fall came.

Church.

Sportsball.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Do you think that I could manage the whole day without saying anything to anyone?  Oh wait.  Nope. 

I want the Cave of Solitude but I don't really like dark damp caves.  I want a sunny desert island of solitude.  Or a sunny dessert island of solitude.  But one with no consequences.  😉

I believe the Island resort has a nearby Island of Solitude which can be easily reached by shuttle raft.  Well stocked with inconsequential drinks and desserts.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D. I’m trying a new COFFEE,!!!~D this morning. I just needed a little change in my life. I’ve been drinking McDonal’s Breakfast Blend for years now, and I just decided to be a rebel and gets Peet’s Brazil Medium Roast. I know, I know, y’all better sit down and compose yourself. This is big.🤣

I’s right chilly this morning. About time Fall came.

Church.

Sportsball.

Krissi gone Wild!!

So by chilly, you mean like 87 degrees?  🤣 ☀️☀️

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I only had to work on two classes and one of them I just needed to write up the lab instructions.  Most of my classes for the rest of the week are already planned except Fridays which gives me plenty of time.

No 4-H meeting this week since it's a 5th Monday (one club meets 1st and 3rd and one meets 2nd and 4th).  

Dh is watching sportsball.  Minnesota vs Chicago.  I don't know if he's watching live or not.

• Like 3

BJs with my mom was worse than I thought it would be.  We did take my (dh's) truck since she said she could get in and out.  She did okay.  She managed to meander three aisles in the time it took me to go through 1/2 the store.  She knew I had lots to do and this wasn't supposed to be a meander trip.  It was supposed to be a get what you need and get out trip. 

When we were loading up the car she asked if there was enough room.  We barely used 1/3 of the cargo space with the back seats up and that was without stacking.  She always forgets how big the Suburban is, even when she's staring at it.  

• Like 3

When I did my walk on Saturday I decided to go a little farther than I've been going.  And according to my fitbit, I only went 1.4 miles when before it was showing 1.6 miles.  So, I mapped it on google maps and guess what?   I wasn't walking as far as I thought I was.  <<sigh>>  

Oh well, at least I'm moving right?  I'm trying to decide if I should take some advil before I walk (I definitely need to start remembering to use my inhaler and take benedryl).  I get a lot of foot and knee pain.  I could probably push through and go farther but I'm really worried about hurting myself and I can't afford to hurt myself when I teach 14 classes a week on my feet.  Maybe I should just continue to take it slow and slowly increase my distance as it gets easier.  

Yoga is getting easier.  I can definitely feel and see the difference with what I can do there.  So progress of a sort is being made.  

Edited by Where's Toto?
ETA: Super-delayed workout booya
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

So, I remembered I do have a book to read. I went to the library last week. It’s a biography of Clark Gable. Holy cow. I knew Hollywood in the 20’s and 30’s was bad, but I never realized how absolutely, totally and completely morally bankrupt it really was. I’m kind of tempted to stop reading this book because it is completely offending my sensibilities, but.... it’s also kind of interesting. I didn’t realize who all was married to whom and who had liaisons with whom and who did what with whom.  Anyhow...

• Like 3