Menu

Ignore this thread!

Dd16 had her first official day of work at the dojo today--actually, she's there now, I need to pick her up soon.

In other news I found out that once she gets her driver's licence our auto insurance costs will nearly double.

Edited by maize
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

Ds12 was practicing his original piano composition this morning and singing along at the top of his lungs, "All I want for Christmas is a dog with a good old soul, a good old dog with a heart of gold..."

He's breaking me down. I actually started looking up info on breeds.  Got.to.stay.strong......

Also, dd9 prepared lunch today, and failed to notice that the cinnamon spice jar she used to heavily season all the bowls of applesauce was not cinnamon, but cumin. 

Middle of the word matters, kid.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I filed the FAFSA today. For two dc. If you don’t hear from me again you’ll know they carried me off to jail. 🙄😩🤪🤣

Lynn needs Emergency Theraputic chocolate and wine and All The Things!

Does this mean I need to start badgering dh to get started on this?  (I can't do it, because all our computing devices will end up taking a short but violent flight off the back deck.)  We're keeping our fingers crossed that this is the year we won't be audited! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Does this mean I need to start badgering dh to get started on this?  (I can't do it, because all our computing devices will end up taking a short but violent flight off the back deck.)  We're keeping our fingers crossed that this is the year we won't be audited! 

How many times can lightening strike the same spot???!!!  Surely, you'll have a reprieve!  A friend called me today with questions since she was filing the first time.  In the course of conversation I told her I knew someone who had been audited!  😱

• Like 3

Oh my goodness the boundaries thread! CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP! MIL was so excited for us to move back to Cincinnati (which was not where we were moving, but how she always worded it) so she could get back to (back to?) doing our taxes and handling our finances, phone, groceries, and all of the other things I'm too immature to do myself. Oh my goodness. I had forgotten all of that. These in law threads. Woo doggy!

• Like 3

Morning.  Happy Humph Day.  After this week my first session is 1/2 over.   Next session is easier since with all the holidays I get a lot of breaks.  It's something like - go 2 weeks, break for Thanksgiving, go 3 weeks, break for Christmas/New Years, go 3 weeks, session is over.   Of course, it's only my classes that are easier.  The holidays come with their own form of chaos.

I'm having dinner with my oldest tonight.  Not sure where we're going, it can't be too expensive since we had a much larger than usual cell phone bill after getting new phones.  The list of charges is ridiculous.  I chatted with support last night to try and figure things out.  They threw insurance on the bill that we didn't ask for.  On one of the new phones and MIL's $20 flip phone, which made no sense.   I think they make it confusing on purpose.

• Like 5

Youngest dd and I took a 2 1/2 mile walk yesterday.  She's been telling me about some game that she doesn't play but watches videos of others playing.  She's going to be a character from it for halloween.  It's pretty creepy.  Anime style kill game.  I guess no creepier than some of the stuff I was reading at her age and it's definitely not realistic but ugh.  

I'm not sure what I'm going to do today.  It's supposed to be super hot and humid which really affects my breathing, and I'm meeting dd for dinner so I don't want to be super sweaty.  I may just do some kick-boxing or extra yoga/Tai Chi.  

We are going to have a 30 degree swing in temperatures from today to tomorrow.   After today the rest of the week will be in the 50s/60s which I prefer, but it's also going to rain.  I'm not sure I'm prepared to walk in the rain at those temperatures.   

• Like 3

Good morning!

We don't have to go anywhere until after early dinner.  The kids are playing music at the Old Lady Party on Friday, so they will need to practice their quartet music at some point today.  They think The Sound of Music Medley and Danzon No. 2 will be mostly ready.  Church children's choir tonight.  Last week was better with the seating arrangement and "waiting for parents" activity, though things still need a bit of tweaking.  

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Humph Day!!!!

I had too busy of a day yesterday. Taught the little girls all morning, went to the Big City and visited 3 new families, raced home, went to a BORING Neighborhood Watch meeting, did a bunch of computer work and then went to bed. Hopefully today won’t be quite as bad. I don’t have families to visit.  But, I do have a lot of computer work to do, and the doctor’s office called yesterday and they have the flu shot in, so I’m packing all the kids in and we’re gonna go do that. And there’s Awana tonight.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, maize said:

Dd16 had her first official day of work at the dojo today--actually, she's there now, I need to pick her up soon.

In other news I found out that once she gets her driver's licence our auto insurance costs will nearly double.

I know. DS is trying to get his permit (he failed the test once) and I am just dreading when he gets his license. Although his grades aren’t great, so we may not let him get it.i guess this is why I got a job. “Sorry kids, the extra $$ isn’t going to a Disneyland trip.... “

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I filed the FAFSA today. For two dc. If you don’t hear from me again you’ll know they carried me off to jail. 🙄😩🤪🤣

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

10 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

How many times can lightening strike the same spot???!!!  Surely, you'll have a reprieve!  A friend called me today with questions since she was filing the first time.  In the course of conversation I told her I knew someone who had been audited!  😱

Gulp. I can feel my heart rate accelerating already.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Animal chores have been done.  Dishwasher loaded, laundry started, and chaffles made.  And ordered some Christmas presents.

Christmas presents?? Christmas presents?? Willy-nilly.  We’re supposed to be doing that now??

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Absolutely not. Angi was joking.

Phew. I about had a coronary. 

Although i I have to admit that I’ve been looking at artificial trees. We threw our 10 year old one out last Christmas, so now we need a new one. I think I will go to Lowe’s.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JoJosMom said:

Gulp. I can feel my heart rate accelerating already.

Let me set your mind at ease:  they're not going to give you any Federal aid anyway, so just go ahead and get it filed.  Feel better?  😂

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The ONE time I slipped over?  (Slinking away emoji). 

Ah, well, if the shoe fits.....   😂

52 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Absolutely not. Angi was joking.

Thank goodness!  She should not scare us like that!!

23 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

So annoying!  That happened to me once. :dry:

What annoys me most is that this is the second time it happened to me.  After the first time I found out that that city (not my city but a neighboring one) is infamous for making lots of money off that stretch of road.  So I should have gone a different way. 

• Sad 2

I'm always over the word limit. Does that count? 

Revising like a good little writer. Time to eat my lunch and then get after the second novel I'm revising this month. Someone tried to offer me a job doing a developmental edit yesterday. I hope I didn't laugh too hard.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

What annoys me most is that this is the second time it happened to me.  After the first time I found out that that city (not my city but a neighboring one) is infamous for making lots of money off that stretch of road.  So I should have gone a different way. 

Route 95 through Virginia is like this if you have out of state plates.  I really should just not drive in Virginia anymore.  It's already a running joke in my family.   I've gotten tickets there every single time I drive.  I'm usually going maybe 5 miles over the speed limit, people will be passing me left and right, and yet I get stopped.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Question: Do I need a log in to work on it or just DD's save key? I'm a bit confused.

Yes. 😂. You can do it either way. I log in as parent to work on it. Then have dc signnit. If they aren’t physically available they can sign in where they are and use the save key and sign it. I think. I am definitely not an expert!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Yes. 😂. You can do it either way. I log in as parent to work on it. Then have dc signnit. If they aren’t physically available they can sign in where they are and use the save key and sign it. I think. I am definitely not an expert!!

🤦‍♀️

53 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

50 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I don’t give out fafsa advice. The fafsa and I have a hate-hate relationship. 

Why is it that nothing from the federal government is ever easy or clear?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

If there was a speed lemon I would probably obey it too. 😉

Oldest DD always called it a “speed lemon” when she was little.  She also called yard sales “art sales” and McDonalds was Oak May Donald’s (she kind of threw the song in there, too)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lily-cat is still stuck. I imagine she will come down when she gets hungry enough. She’s not a kitten, she’s a full grown cat. I keep telling her to turn around and go bottom first, holding on with her claws, but she just looks at me and says, “get the ladder, woman, and get me down.”  Ain’t gonna happen. She’s too high up and it’s the neighbor’s tree.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Dd16 got a last minute invitation to attend a professional production of Phantom of the Opera for free, with a group from a homeschool co-op we don't belong to that had an extra ticket.

She agonized over the decision--unique opportunity, and friends would be in the group. But... she would have to miss a karate class. Never mind that she would be attending at least six karate classes this week, not to mention the ones she will be teaching. 

Karate won out.

This child always had been a wee bit single minded.

• Like 4