Menu

Ignore this thread!

20 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Keri, you should know that Lynette is a dwarf lemon tree.  Just so you don't get too concerned.

#pointsforquotingself

Also, you can award yourself any number of points for pretty much anything.

Very good to know!  I might have been concerned. 🙂

• Like 1

Starting school again tomorrow.  I'm not feeling it.  But yet, I'm so glad the holidays are over.  Feeling the need for routine!!  But yet, feeling the need for sleep.  The struggle is real. 

On another note, my family is in the other room watching Bad Lip Reading videos.  Oh my.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Did you see the Marie Kondo series on Netflix?  This would have been more helpful if I'd been able to watch it a month ago.

I started the first episode.  Family wasn't happy that I made them watch it with me.  Evidently I'm the only one who cares about clutter at our house.  But then again, I knew that already.  I think I'm going to make it mandatory viewing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, KeriJ said:

I started the first episode.  Family wasn't happy that I made them watch it with me.  Evidently I'm the only one who cares about clutter at our house.  But then again, I knew that already.  I think I'm going to make it mandatory viewing.

I had that same thought.  We can compare notes later!  :laugh:

• Like 2

Ok, our plans changed, I didn't get to hang out with my friend because she went back to sleep so, we'll get to hang out on her next day off.  I did go on a ride with Dh and a few of his friends, it was ok.  Angi, I'm sorry I missed you!

Edited by mama25angels
It made no sense
  • Like 3

I am back on my own computer and my own internet.

I was in Pennsylvania last weekend to visit Ikslo, but she wasn't there. 😞

I visited my family instead.

We actually had a really good visit, including going to my niece's 1st birthday party.  I think there were 75 people there.  Apparently my dsil has a large (and very tight-knit) family. :svengo:

Also, my dad's struggle with Parkinson's is getting worse.  😞

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, KeriJ said:

Starting school again tomorrow.  I'm not feeling it.  But yet, I'm so glad the holidays are over.  Feeling the need for routine!!  But yet, feeling the need for sleep.  The struggle is real. 

On another note, my family is in the other room watching Bad Lip Reading videos.  Oh my.

You will fit right in here.

• Like 5

During the denial phase of grieving the end of Christmas break, I read the book for book club (happening this week) instead of digging out the school room.

When you read a bad book that is someone else’s favorite, do you question your friendship with them? You know, just asking generally if you start to question their judgment and other life choices.... 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

School here this week:

Everyone do some math, please.

Dd16 and dd14 -- American Sign Language and watch The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins (maybe).

Let's get some chores done.

Oh, and I'm taking everyone to the dentist.  And maybe the eye doctor.

And I hope the Christmas decorations get taken down before January is half over.

• Like 7

Good Monday Morning!  Cat has been fed, watered and scooped.  D/w has been unloaded and so on.  Coffee is ready!

School today, starting with Algebra with dd at 8:30 because I have to leave at 9:00.  😱  I'm hoping we don't come to blows, lol.  

(((Slache)))  Hope you can go back to sleep!

Hope everyone has a nice day back to school!  

• Like 8

We did our first -all screens off at 8pm-  yesterday and it went better than expected.  Dh was in a good mood because the Eagles actually managed to win (what a crazy finish that was!), ds and I discussed D&D because we have two info sessions this week to start up a new group, dd did some drawing and talking to friends (actual voice call) in her room.  Then dd and I had a really nice chat while waiting for ds to get out of the bathroom when it was supposed to be lights-out at 10pm.  So we didn't all actually get into bed until 10:50pm, but we'll get there.

Two classes today and tutoring for 30 minutes so this is actually my easiest day this week.  I have a full schedule but so far I don't have anyone enrolled for my workshop or KNO so hard to say if they'll actually run.   We also have a Winter Weather Advisory for tonight into tomorrow so who knows how that will impact things.  I'm already using my make-up week for Thursday afternoon and Friday classes because we had snow the first week of this session.  I guess it's not a huge deal if Tuesday classes also use it.  

• Like 7

Matt made breakfast sandwiches and called off. I'm dying. I think I'm going back to sleep. Good night.

16 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  First day back!  😱😱😱  

first!!

I know I said I planned school.  I really just put the next thing in their backpacks.

D's couldn't get to sleep last night.  It was his first night starting out back in his own room.  I was with him and he wasn't scared.  He just could.not.sleep.  He finally said, "Why are we going to bed so early??" 

Me:   " It's your bedtime, not early."  (It was 10pm) 

D's: "But I don't have a bedtime!" 

Me:  "Yes, you do on school nights.  What do you think it means when I say come on, let's go get in bed each night?

D's:  "Ohhhh!  That's a bedtime?"

So, we finally got a little sleep.  But I didn't sleep well at all, but was too tired to get up, close his window, and get in my own bed.  

Jean, I'm so glad you are home!

Slache, feel better!!

So no head hugging last night?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

During the denial phase of grieving the end of Christmas break, I read the book for book club (happening this week) instead of digging out the school room.

When you read a bad book that is someone else’s favorite, do you question your friendship with them? You know, just asking generally if you start to question their judgment and other life choices.... 😂

Nah...just different tastes! But maybe I would ask why they liked it so much, so that any further recommendations they made in books, I could ask why, and that might give me an idea if I would like the book or not.

For instance, I believe I was told that I had to read the Mitford Series, mostly because I had read another similar series and said it was okay. I couldn't get through ten pages of Mitford. Literally read the first few, and handed it back. Nothing wrong with the books or the person who recommended them. We just had radically different tastes in fiction.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have no idea what we’re doing for school tomorrow. Presumably the next thing. But I don’t know what the last thing was. 

Neither do I. But I let the boys figure it out. I am not with it this morning, but they've already started Latin, and might be through Math by now. We are headed to the lake for fishing and boating later. They seem to be motivated.

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩😩

We are starting school today. I got some planning done last night.

The piano movers are coming today. Yay. The kids are happy they have no lessons this week. Their teacher is going to the coast for a week with her son’s family.

Yay for Jean making it home safe.

Regarding bad books, everyone likes different things. Although I do have certain friends I definitely take recommendations from and friends I definitely don’t.😂

Toto, that was an crazy finish for that game. I was cheering for the Eagles, but I felt soooooo bad for the Bear’s kicker. How could you possibly miss a field goal from that distance??

• Like 6

The cowboys won!  

School is being derailed already because I may be having my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow, I say maybe because I have to go in and be evaluated to see if I need an antibiotic first.  I'm really scared.

What should I have them do?  They need to do something!

Edited by mama25angels
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

The cowboys won!  

School is being derailed already because I may be having my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow, I say maybe because I have to go in and be evaluated to see if I need an antibiotic first.  I'm really scared.

What should I have them do?  They need to do something!

If you're having one done, get them all done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1