Menu

Ignore this thread!

45 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Lego Lass’s lego robotics team is headed to state!

Congratulations!

8 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Spud is here!!!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyy!!

Spudz!! ❤️

7 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Would someone like to come over and clean up my kitchen?? I will pay you in lemons and Christmas colored M&Ms.

On my way!

6 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We are almost at 3300 pages. Woohoo!

🏆

• Like 1

We're almost done with our first week of no screens after 8pm and lights out at 10pm and it's going very well.  We've played board games, kids have drawn (with actual pencils), ds read up on D&D.   Everyone has been in a good mood.

I've been looking into ways to advertise the non-homeschool portion of my business.  I'm thinking of doing donations for Tricky Trays.  They are pretty popular around here and the ones sponsored by schools would get the word out to parents, which are the ones who I need to let know about my services.   I just need to think about what to put in a basket.  I'm thinking a free workshop/KNO certificate ($20 value) and some science toys/tools/something??   Any suggestions?   (non-homeschool business same is XXXXXX STEM Enrichment Center). 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Did she come through it ok?

Probably.

12 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

We're almost done with our first week of no screens after 8pm and lights out at 10pm and it's going very well.  We've played board games, kids have drawn (with actual pencils), ds read up on D&D.   Everyone has been in a good mood.

I've been looking into ways to advertise the non-homeschool portion of my business.  I'm thinking of doing donations for Tricky Trays.  They are pretty popular around here and the ones sponsored by schools would get the word out to parents, which are the ones who I need to let know about my services.   I just need to think about what to put in a basket.  I'm thinking a free workshop/KNO certificate ($20 value) and some science toys/tools/something??   Any suggestions?   (non-homeschool business same is XXXXXX STEM Enrichment Center). 

We stopped kids screen time all together after a serious attitude problem. Things have much improved. Mom's not supposed to be on except at break...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

Probably.

We stopped kids screen time all together after a serious attitude problem. Things have much improved. Mom's not supposed to be on except at break...

We're really bad because dh and I are still on screens.  A lot of times it is work but not always. 

We weren't really experiencing any attitude problems (or any other kinds of problems).  I just felt like the kids were on too much, we had slacked off into a kind of free-for-all and I felt we should be more deliberate about things, and I wanted to see if it would help them sleep better.  Especially ds who was having a lot of anxiety issues. 

• Like 4

Just now, Ellie said:

Drove down to just north of San Antonio with friends today. We had lunch at a restaurant that is on a river, sat outside and enjoyed the not-humid fresh air. 🙂

Hula tomorrow, Christmas tea on Saturday.

That is all.

DID YOU SEE ANY GOOD APARTMENTS?

• Like 4

I am so tired! Time for tea.

5 hours ago, Spudater said:

Hopefully that didn’t come off as braggy but I can’t take any credit for her math ability.  Dh’s genes and dh’s teaching.

I thought the whole reason we had kids was so that we could brag about them. I certainly can't brag about myself anymore!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!!!!!

Friday!!!,

COFFEE!!!!~D

School!!! We need to do art today. We haven’t done art in a while.

DD1 has allergy shots. I gotta run by the City offices and pay our utility bill. For the new house. It’s not set up on-line yet and the mailbox is still not re-keyed so we are still not getting our mail.

I need to go by the old house and get some things done, too.

And phone calls to make. I hate phone calls. I’d rather chew my arm off than make phone calls.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Slache said:

DID YOU SEE ANY GOOD APARTMENTS?

We were *almost* in San Antonio, in a historic district called Gruene (pronounced Green) in New Braunfels, which is right next to SA. We can meet there sometime and do lunch. 🙂 Sorry, I wasn't looking for apartments.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Spudater said:

Now I’m looking a lotr themed weddings. 

So which is cooler, having a sword hilt as the bottom of your bouquet, or shooting your bouquet into the air with a bow (how do people catch the thing without getting impaled?)

Why do people even have themes weddings? It just seems weird. Years and years ago DH (this was before he was my DH) and I went to a themed wedding. It was like .... i’m Not sure what the theme was exactly, like Broadway or the movies or Hollywood or something like that. Anyhow, it was weird and I was uncomfortable. Maybe i’m Just an old fuddy-duddy.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

Happy nirthday, Susan's baby! All the parties!

I'm writing, and writing, and writing. Trying to get through the last chapter and a half of my three chapter revision that I need to send to my agent next week. See if I got it right or if I need to hand in my writing card and quit pretending. It's going pretty well, though. I like it, anyway.

• Like 6

I picked up groceries and realized that I forgot to order milk.  Usually I would just wait until the next order, but ds18 will be back at school by then.  And he loves milk.  So I will be a good mom and ask dh to pick some up at the store on his way home.  😉  Or I'll get it when I go back out later.  sigh again

• Like 5