Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

I'm hanging out waiting for my tutoring student to arrive.  I should be doing dishes or something but instead I'm here.  I"m kind of bored.  

Hey!  It's a bored booyaH.

Totally with ya on being bored, even though my planner has a whole slew of things I could/should be doing.

• Like 4

I don't think I posted that on that thread, BUT, that is my guideline, so maybe I did and I'm losing my mind.

I've actually gotten to the point of only holding books that I *know* I will use. 

I had a rough week with my shot for my RA.  I stayed in bed until noon today and dh came home over his lunch hour to check on me. It's a good reminder that I really need to block my Mondays as much as I can to recover.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

I didn't go through the kids books. I forgot to have them pick out their beloved books and their momdon'tpackthatyet books.

2 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I don't think I posted that on that thread, BUT, that is my guideline, so maybe I did and I'm losing my mind.

I've actually gotten to the point of only holding books that I *know* I will use. 

I might have read it here or somewhere else. PM me any books you have on your shopping list in case I have them.

• Like 2

I have no good advice about moving pianos, Slache.  We've never owned one (we had a weighted keyboard once) because we've moved too frequently and it is crazy expensive to move them cross-country outside of a moving van (like $1000-2000). It's worth it for, say, my cousin's $25,000 piano, but not for the type we're likely to own, iykwim. Your best bet would be to find a company with a moving truck that would let you bundle your upright with their load.

ETA: There are a lot of trucks that go between the two cities (with the odd proof that I moved here and you're moving there) so it's not a completely crazy idea that a United truck or somewhere else might let you tag on.

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I have no good advice about moving pianos, Slache.  We've never owned one (we had a weighted keyboard once) because we've moved too frequently and it is crazy expensive to move them cross-country outside of a moving van (like $1000-2000). It's worth it for, say, my cousin's $25,000 piano, but not for the type we're likely to own, iykwim. Your best bet would be to find a company with a moving truck that would let you bundle your upright with their load.

Matt's actually considering letting his sister have it because she's throwing a fit even though she doesn't play. This would mean much less work and a much more attractive piano for us. The current plan is to get a Uhaul trailer after the wedding this fall and bring it back which neither of us want to do or pay for.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Slache said:

Matt's actually considering letting his sister have it because she's throwing a fit even though she doesn't play. This would mean much less work and a much more attractive piano for us. The current plan is to get a Uhaul trailer after the wedding this fall and bring it back which neither of us want to do or pay for.

Less work!  More attractive piano!   Less anger from sister!  Plan B sounds like a winner to me!

• Like 6

Matt gave up the piano but she's fighting over a painting Matt did in high school that she has no right to. She really sucks lately. We're just going to take it because it's his and she had no right to take it out of storage and put in her bedroom which she smokes in.

He's packing the books while I do nothing. My back hurts. All that's left is the kids books for another day and school books and bibles which will come in the van. I might do kids' books tomorrow. Probably kids' books and stuffed animals. We're dismantling the bookshelf for room for boxes.

28 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

It cost us $295 to move our piano across the subdivision.

Hmph.

It cost a lot of $$ to move.😩

We can do it ourselves for about $400, but why would we want to do that?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

The children's choir directors emailed me and apologized profusely for the incorrect billing.  The normal billing person had to quit due to illness, so they are trying to manage things themselves until the end of the year.

All of the inexpensive ones we've found are like half corn, so I'm not supposed to have them. Matt's working on a cauliflower, egg, almond flour, psyllium (sorry Junie) crust that has the texture of a medium/thin crust pizza. He uses spices so it doesn't taste like cauliflower.

image.png.eec8ffc71257e74deb6e804013b202c6.png image.jpeg.144830a8b07fd078129bf6f7c8c87a1d.jpeg Image result for cauliflower carb meme

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

When I am going low-carb, I don't bother with pizza crust. I take toppings off and leave the crust. If I am making pizza, I just put several string cheese pieces on a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet, top with sauce, pepperoni, sausage, etc. and a little more shredded mozzarella and broil until it's all melty. I don't mess with no cauliflower.

• Like 4

Menu:

• Fried fish (new family favorite) with mushroom (cauliflower) risotto
  • Meatloaf (old family favorite) wiff broccoli salad
  • Chicken salad wiff Italian salad
  • Cauliflower pizza
14 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

When I am going low-carb, I don't bother with pizza crust. I take toppings off and leave the crust. If I am making pizza, I just put several string cheese pieces on a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet, top with sauce, pepperoni, sausage, etc. and a little more shredded mozzarella and broil until it's all melty. I don't mess with no cauliflower.

I was doing this but with ham deli meat as a base. I decided to substitute a different protein because my body doesn't believe in cow's milk.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!  We pulled the box springs off our bed and the dog (eventually) jumped up on his own.  So, I finally got some sleep.  Not enough, but better than the past few days.  Of course, dh's side of the bed missed the frame so we have to figure out how to fix that (not much room to maneuver and a extra-long, pillow-top, deep king mattress is HEAVY), and we have two box springs leaning on the wall in my living room until we figure out what to do with them.

Three classes and teen hang-out today.    We're evidently supposed to get a bunch of snow the end of the week.  I'm already using a snow make-up day for my Friday classes so I'm hoping they are wrong and it bypasses us.   I only have two weeks left for this session for most classes, three weeks for those using the make-up.

• Like 5

Just now, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  and supplements!

We overslept, but not horribly so.  I'm taking the Nativity figure I borrowed from a man back to the man this morning on my way in to work.  It's from Bethlehem (literally) anf I don't want to forget and keep it here.

Leftovers for supper.  Although I will need to make better choices of which leftovers to eat.  😭

Makr me workout today, people!

My friend is taking me out for ice cream.

• Like 2

Good morning 

The boys are still in bed, I'm up just barely!  Will my gums ever heal?  We've got more laundry, lessons and getting to the grocery store  today.  Also, I wanted to ask you guys if you'd like to join me in a "happiness challenge " next month?  All you do is put little things on your calendar everyday of the month to do that make you happy, I can't take credit for this idea, I got it from someone on YouTube.  I'd love for anyone who wants to, to join me!

Slache-enjoy your ice cream!

Angi-we need to set up a girls night, it's been too long!

Another Lynn-I got my list going as well and it's a long one!

Critter-did you get your chapters revised?

• Like 4

I made appt for oil change.  I checked math.  I started laundry and switched a load.  And I made a list.  

Krissi, I'm so glad you have Baskin Robbins there.  I love Baskin Robbins.  Especially Jamocha Almond Fudge.  I also like their mint choc. chip, because the choc chips are so little.  We don't go there much now, but that was our favorite "treat" place when I was young.  

Slache, speaking of ice cream, what kind are you going to get?  Hope you are feeling better!  

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

I slept in this morning. It felt so good. I have been having trouble sleeping since this whole mess with DS1 and my mom gave me some melatonin and told me to take half a tablet. Worked like a charm.

school this morning!! 

I have to do surgery on my finger. I was pruning the roses at my old house on Saturday and even though I was wearing gloves, I think I have the tip of a thorn in my middle finger and it hurts like the dickens. Better find a needle and a tweezers.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

See, the one thing I hate about all these low-carb “plan” is the substitutions. Trim Healthy Mama is the worst with that. I’m sorry, but cauliflower is not a good substitute for potatoes or anything else and this “bread” you had me make out of all these almond meals and coconut “flour” and golden flaxseed is not bread by any stretch of the imagination. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Junie said:

We've gotten a lot done this morning!

language with dd8

language with dd10

science with dd8 and dd10

ASL with dd14 and dd16

dd12, dd14, and dd16 did other work independently

...and now we are all listening to a recorder duet.  

I am quite impressed. 

In my house, I am the only one up.

• Like 3