Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Slache said:

We met two extremely skittish leopard geckos, two totally chill beardies, and a chill ball python. Cages and supplies are half of what they are on Amazon which is great to know.

20190112_125727_HDR.jpg

20190112_123630_HDR.jpg

20190112_123733_HDR.jpg

20190112_121701.jpg

So Pretty!!  😍

I've been thinking about getting a turtle for my science center.  And then out of the blue, dh said something to me about getting a turtle.   I was thinking box turtle (land), he was thinking painted turtle or red eared slider (water), so there are some things to work out.   It's illegal to buy turtles in NJ so we'll have to go into Pennsylvania to get one.  

He keeps trying to figure out ways to combine animals in one tank and now he's thinking tadpoles/frogs on one side and small water turtle on the other.  I feel like that would make cleaning the tank harder, and separate tanks would be easier.

• Like 3

I've been working on science center stuff all day.   I'm planning a science fair in February, I do workshops twice a month (was doing weekly but I decided to cut back), kids night out once a month, finalizing summer camps (people find camps in February around here).  Lots to print so of course we are out of ink.  I have it coming from Amazon by tomorrow night.  

I'm probably totally overwhelming my Facebook followers.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

So Pretty!!  😍

I've been thinking about getting a turtle for my science center.  And then out of the blue, dh said something to me about getting a turtle.   I was thinking box turtle (land), he was thinking painted turtle or red eared slider (water), so there are some things to work out.   It's illegal to buy turtles in NJ so we'll have to go into Pennsylvania to get one.  

He keeps trying to figure out ways to combine animals in one tank and now he's thinking tadpoles/frogs on one side and small water turtle on the other.  I feel like that would make cleaning the tank harder, and separate tanks would be easier.

I was anti turtle due to the time commitment (50 years) but someone told me today that you can leave them for weeks and they just go into hibernation. If that's true my perspective has totally changed.

16 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

And I decided to look for Reptile expos near me.  There are a couple in NY, a couple in PA, and for some reason Google thought Texas was "near me".  

Go to the one in McQueeny in March and tell me what to buy.

• Like 4

Today was my 5k test walk.  Juliet and I drove to a very flat trail a ways from here.  I figured out how to set my Fitbit up to sync with gps and to measure the distance of a walk.  (Not available on all Fitbits).  We walked 2.5k one way, turned around and then walked back.  For some weird reason it said that I wasn't at 5k yet once I got back to the car, so I walked back and forth in the parking lot like a dork until it hit 5k.  I was hurting by the end but managed to do it.  It took me one hour 15 minutes to do.  According to Google, a "normal pace" is to do it in 45 to 60 minutes but I don't think that 75 minutes is too bad. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I am exhausted. We worked at the old house today. I pruned the roses, and raked leaves and raked leaves and raked leaves. DS mowed the lawn, DH cleaned out the garage.  The place looks pretty decent now.  It looked horrible before, but as I told DH, our life has been falling apart for the past 2 months.  It's amazing how mowing the lawn and raking leaves can spruce up a place.

And then, I was going to use a gift card for a pizza place for dinner because I am too tired to make dinner, but I called to order out and they are closed for a week. That is not right. I ended up ordering pizza from Papa Murphy's instead.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Slache said:

Throwing snake names around. John likes Jackie (both genders), I like Joey or Isabella, Matt likes Pathagerus or Lucille (Ball). 

Today's drawing:

20190112_175625.jpg

When I worked at the zoo, we had a ball python named Lucille (Ball) and another one named Monty (Python).   The super big Burmese Python was named Miss U (misunderstood).  

Our corn snake's name is Galactica.  It was Galactic (named by the kids when they were 7 and 9) but we figured out that she's probably a girl, so changed it to Galactica.   My cockroaches are Marie and Pierre (Curie, since they would survive radiation).  

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

When I worked at the zoo, we had a ball python named Lucille (Ball) and another one named Monty (Python).   The super big Burmese Python was named Miss U (misunderstood).  

Our corn snake's name is Galactica.  It was Galactic (named by the kids when they were 7 and 9) but we figured out that she's probably a girl, so changed it to Galactica.   My cockroaches are Marie and Pierre (Curie, since they would survive radiation).  

Lol! I had a Bob turned Roberta (frog). Lots of Montys out there. And apparently a lot of beardies named Puff.

• Like 3

Susan, thanks for the update. I'm glad it was simple(ish).

I woke up nauseated at like 3:30 and haven't been able to sleep. Blah.

A prayer request. My dad has been out of work over a month and is in trouble. He can't get a job because his car broke, he can't collect his Afflak(?) insurance because he can't go to the doctor because his account's overdrawn and he can't get a loan because he doesn't have a job. He's asking my uncle (a wretched human being) for a loan today so he can get a car so he can get a job. He says he's sparing me the details because he doesn't want to stress me out but that it's really bad.

• Sad 7

Oops. I made everyone cry again. Everyone have some coffee and go look at John's drawing again. 

I'm reading a blog called narcissistic mother in law or narcissistic MIL or something, recommended by a hive member. Lots of good info. Explains a lot of MIL's behavior. I do not look forward to the wedding. Mine was a mess and all about her but this one is going to be a fight between the two. SIL has asked Matt to make it gender neutral and nothing about marriage being between a man and a woman. Don't want to offend anyone!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Junie said:

I bought some gluten-free doughnuts as a treat for myself.  After one bite I decided to have my regular breakfast (yogurt) instead.  Blech.

I'll take them! I like GF doughnuts, but we don't buy them often. My sweet fang is acting up. I will be making my GF cinnamon rolls again.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I'll take them! I like GF doughnuts, but we don't buy them often. My sweet fang is acting up. I will be making my GF cinnamon rolls again.

They're in my freezer.  You are welcome to them.  The doughnut holes are really, really good, but the doughnuts not so much.  They are very dry.  (They are katz brand.)

There is a local bakery that makes gluten-free doughnuts, but they are also a regular bakery and the chance of cross contamination makes me nervous.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Junie said:

They're in my freezer.  You are welcome to them.  The doughnut holes are really, really good, but the doughnuts not so much.  They are very dry.  (They are katz brand.)

There is a local bakery that makes gluten-free doughnuts, but they are also a regular bakery and the chance of cross contamination makes me nervous.

Yep, that's the kind we get when we get them. They are decent when warmed up, but yeah, a little dry. I've more than half a mine to play with this dough I use for cinnamon rolls and fry it, see if I don't get a decent doughnut out of it. It's super moist what with the olive oil, egg, and almond flour.

• Like 3

I is tired today.   For some reason our dog can no longer jump on our bed.  He's a Brittney, so not real big, and our bed is a pillowtop thick mattress so is pretty high off the ground, but he's been able to get up there for the past couple years.  He's not acting like he's in pain, no limping, no other problems.  He just won't jump on the bed.  Instead he scratches at the bed until someone wakes up.  Before last night we'd yell at him.  Last night I got up three times to lift him on the bed.  Ugh.  We're going to set up a step or something so he can climb up.  

I have to run over to the science center and do some cleaning.  I still haven't finished cleaning from Friday, especially the mess from Kid's Night Out.  Other than that, I'm just waiting for my ink to get here so I can do a bunch of printing.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I is tired today.   For some reason our dog can no longer jump on our bed.  He's a Brittney, so not real big, and our bed is a pillowtop thick mattress so is pretty high off the ground, but he's been able to get up there for the past couple years.  He's not acting like he's in pain, no limping, no other problems.  He just won't jump on the bed.  Instead he scratches at the bed until someone wakes up.  Before last night we'd yell at him.  Last night I got up three times to lift him on the bed.  Ugh.  We're going to set up a step or something so he can climb up.  

I have to run over to the science center and do some cleaning.  I still haven't finished cleaning from Friday, especially the mess from Kid's Night Out.  Other than that, I'm just waiting for my ink to get here so I can do a bunch of printing.  

My mom used a small bench at the foot of the bed. It was two small jumps instead of one big one so very manageable, but not intrusive like a set of doggy stairs.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!!!  Church!!!💕 Looks like we’ll be going to second service this morning, since first service started 10 minutes ago and i’m Still in my robe.😂 And half the family is still in bed.

Football. I’m going for the Chiefs to take it all the way!!! 

And I gotta go to the Afsa this afternoon. My least favorite chore in the world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

My mom used a small bench at the foot of the bed. It was two small jumps instead of one big one so very manageable, but not intrusive like a set of doggy stairs.

Unfortunately our "room" is really really small.  Dh basically built walls around our bed for privacy in the corner of our (used to be large) living room.  So the bed is wedged in on three sides and there's only about a 2 foot path on the open side where the door is.  And I have drawers in part of that.  No getting around this being intrusive.  Just have to come up with something we can either step over or around when we get up in the middle of the night.  Preferably something obvious enough that I don't forget it's there and trip over it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I'm home from church.  No one else in my family went, so I didn't stay for lunch.  Went with ds32 to the itty bitty AFSA after, and now we're eating steak quesadillas and chips and queso.  I am in my pj's and hope to stay right here on this couch most of the day.

That is lovely!  I would do likewise, but I'm driving kids to youth group tonight and possibly walking at the mall until time to pick them up.  

• Like 3

Our clothes dryer broke again. This time the electronics panel has all of its lights but it won’t start. I had to pull all of the drying racks out again while I wait for dh to have time to pull it apart and test all of the components.

I hope it’s the thermal fuse. I have a spare one from our last parts order (when it ended up being the heating element that died).

• Sad 3

I hope you get it fixed easily, Prairie. And hugs to all my ITTers! Jean, I hope you are getting a nap.

I have an announcement:

I survived the nirthday party, and Party Season is officially over at my house. Woohoo! Tomorrow it's back to Making Things Go.

• Like 8

We've been trying different things next to the bed to get the dog a step.  Looks like the box we have there now will work.  Dh was going crazy getting him to try it out by using treats. 

I know I'm going to trip over it at least once.  I barely open my eyes when I get up in the middle of the night.

Dh is watching the Eagles so this should be fun.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

I hope you get it fixed easily, Prairie. And hugs to all my ITTers! Jean, I hope you are getting a nap.

I have an announcement:

I survived the nirthday party, and Party Season is officially over at my house. Woohoo! Tomorrow it's back to Making Things Go.

🎉🎈🎈🎈 Happy Nirthday! 🎈🎈🎈❤️

Way to follow the ITT regulations! 🏆

• Like 2