Menu

Ignore this thread!

6 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Oh Junie, I didn’t mention about my meal planning that we don’t follow it strictly. Every week I go over our schedule and depending on what’s going on, sometimes I trade meals or skip entirely.  I’m sure you knew that already. 😁

I figured that cold cereal was a backup plan, not actually on the plan.

6 hours ago, Slache said:

So the whole family can get in for $22 or for around the same price the boy and I can take the max and leave everyone else behind. I'm worried the kids won't like it. Maybe they'll love it. Mary's afraid of snakes.

Mary is afraid of snakes, yet you told her older brother that he could have one for a pet.  Um, unless John is an angel, I expect that there will be much screaming in your future...

• Like 6

I got checked out by a hot guy!

13 minutes ago, Junie said:

Mary is afraid of snakes, yet you told her older brother that he could have one for a pet.  Um, unless John is an angel, I expect that there will be much screaming in your future...

She'll be okay.

• Like 2

I finally finished TWTM. Sheesh. She really did not have undereducated lysdexics in mind when she wrote that book! I am soooooo glad she made it available on kindle (easier to read). Whew! I need a drink. But can't because carbs.

Awesome book. So. many. notes. Will read again, which is not normal for me.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

Did you ever post answering a question trying to be helpful, then someone else comes in and basically responses with 'don't listen to her'?  It wasn't here.  I try to remember that you can't read tone online but it's still bugging me.  

That's the worst! 

• Like 2

Good morning!  It's Friday!

Safe travels, Tech Support!  Have a great semester!

It's supposed to rain all day again, but the sun will be out tomorrow!  Some of us are still hacking away, and dd16 is pretty stuffy, but I think we are all on the upswing.  Two kids have a choir workshop tonight, but that's it for outside activities.  I need to cook the giant pork butt and repackage some chicken breasts and get the writing pages ready to go for Monday.

Coffee!

#butt

• Like 3

Good morning!  It's Friday!  I don't know why I'm so excited about it, I have to have blood drawn today and get Christmas stuff put away and prepare to resume lessons next week, that's it.  What's on everyone's agenda for the weekend?  My mission is to rework or actually begin working on routines for us, mostly me.

• Like 4

Good morning!  I slept in a little bit - lovely!  Today - more laundry and maybe baking some for oldest before he goes back.  

M25k, a review and tweaking of routines is much needed here too. I have to be careful not to pencil in too much - what looks great on paper is probably more than I can maintain, lol  

Susan said butt!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Boo for blood draws.  Yay for routines!

We will probably drive to the lake to see the Christmas lights tomorrow night.  I need help deciding what to cook for supper tonight.  Nothing sounds appealing.

So, does this mean you volunteer to be my accountability partner?  Cause I think I need one, lol!

i say pizza for dinner!

• Thanks 1

I've had a lot of kids at my science center that were "afraid of snakes" but after my baby Galactica visited a few times, they became more comfortable.  She's a super-chill sweetheart and I never push.  When I used to do programs, I would offer to hold the head of the snake up by my shoulder so they could pet the tail without worry.  

I have a Mom's NIght Out at the science center tonight.  Dh is heading down by his parents for a funeral so he'll be gone for the weekend.  I plan to do lots and lots of cleaning and make sure everything is set for classes to start up again Monday.  Next week is super busy - classes every day, my Tech Tuesday job (on Tuesday, duh!), D&D info sessions on Wednesday and Friday, a workshop on Thursday, and a Kid's Night Out on Friday, and tutoring Monday and Wednesday.  Yikes, looking at that all laid out I must be out of my mind.  On the bright side, all class plans are finalized so I won't have to do any work at home in the evenings.  Plus a few classes, Tech Tuesday and the workshop are topics I've done a few times before so will be pretty easy.  

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!!

meeting the realtor at the house today. He will tell me what we need to do to get our house ready to sell. Although our neighbors came by yesterday and told me they were interested in buying our house. And I do think they were serious. Of course my first thought (that I am not necessarily proud of) was “dump the realtor, we got our own buyer, save ourselves the commission” and then my next thought was, “ no, he’s already done work for us, that would be completely unethical and just wrong,” and then a couple hours later my thought was, “as much as I like my neighbors, they are good people and really nice, she is kind of pushy and firm, and DH and I are not, and I would not like to be in any kind of business negotiations with her, best let the realtor deal with it....”😂😂😂😂😂 And I’m sure that is all much more than y’all were interested in hearing.😂

More moving stuff. I got a lot done yesterday, but.... good grief, this is like the seventh level of hell.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Good Friday morning!!  !!

Heading to work in a minute.  I need to stop at Sam's for gasoline on the way out and stop at job one on the way to job two.  

I don't normally say "gasoline" but I can just picture you guys when I say I need to "stop for gas."

There’s always “petrol”.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I've had a lot of kids at my science center that were "afraid of snakes" but after my baby Galactica visited a few times, they became more comfortable.  She's a super-chill sweetheart and I never push.  When I used to do programs, I would offer to hold the head of the snake up by my shoulder so they could pet the tail without worry.  

Speaking of snakes, I watched “Raiders of the Lost Ark” last night. I needed a young Harrison Ford fix. I tell ya, he flashes that lopsided grin and I am melted all over the floor.💕💕💕💕😍😍🥰🥰😘😘

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Yes to being your accountability partner.   Doubt pizza.  I don't think the grandma likes it much and I have to eat a whole pizza myself since I only eat the toppings.

No to cereal, too, Lynn.  Although I loved the days when we could!

I thought about you only being able to eat the toppings after I posted that.

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!!

I'm having another reading week -- trying to stay ahead of the kids and failing miserably.

I did pre-read 4 books for dd12 and a history book for dd16.  Now I'm pre-reading a devotional book that I plan to do with my older girls this semester.

I'm also reading a history of a Mennonite church congregation in Ohio.  My step-great-great-great? grandfather was one of the founding members/pastors.

Next up: Wuthering Heights.

• Like 5

Good morning. We are going this morning to visit my very first boss from over 30 years ago at her retirement home. She has been asking us to visit for two years now and I am embarrassed to say that we only now were able to schedule it. She was a terrific boss and became a good friend.   (My mom just could not understand our inter generational friendship. ). 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!!

I'm having another reading week -- trying to stay ahead of the kids and failing miserably.

I did pre-read 4 books for dd12 and a history book for dd16.  Now I'm pre-reading a devotional book that I plan to do with my older girls this semester.

I'm also reading a history of a Mennonite church congregation in Ohio.  My step-great-great-great? grandfather was one of the founding members/pastors.

Next up: Wuthering Heights.

What books did you read?  I have never made it through Wuthering Heights, not even the movie!

28 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

What books did you read?  I have never made it through Wuthering Heights, not even the movie!

I read Wuthering Heights in high school and didn't like it much.  I haven't read it since, so I'm trying again.

The history book I read was this one on the 1960s.  We're working through the entire series.

The other 4 books I read were the American Girl books about Tenney (who "lives" in Nashville).  I needed to read them to know which girls in my house they were appropriate for.

• Like 2

I loved Wuthering Heights when I read it in high school.  Not sure if I would still love it.

So yesterday at Kroger I stopped by the "manager's special" meats and found a "family sized" package of nice looking steaks reduced dramatically from $48 to $16.  So I bought them, because it seemed like a good chance for our once-a-year steak dinner.  But when I looked at my receipt, they were reduced again to $8.  Hopefully nothing is wrong with them, because that's what's for dinner tonight.

I played my harp today.  I ignored it's "out of tune" state.

• Like 4

Edpo!

I called off daily school. We will finish up our writing and Greek assignment for the week later but the rest of the week is finished and we're skipping basic daily drills because right now I just need to lay in bed and not die.

So. I've told you before how I want to do a six year history study with geography and science in historical context? I want to start in a year and a half (4th & 2nd) so I have next year open. I was going to do a one year history overview because it seemed like the responsible thing to do but I've decided that's dumb. What's fun?

Booya.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Could you read through something like A Child's History of the World and do stuff along with it?

That was the original plan but I've decided to do something more fun.

19 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We did geography before starting the history cycle. Continent by continent- eating foods from different places and talking about different cultures. And visiting the zoo to see animals from that continent. 

This is the leading contender. Also under consideration:

• Beautiful Feet character study
  • A year of interest led biographies
  • Our family heritage
  • Like 2

Yay, Susan, playing the harp and getting your goals list done!  You are amazing!

Umm, Slache, per ITT rules, dying is prohibited!

got the vehicle inspected, lab work done, recycling dropped off and the tree taken down, I have impressed myself.  Now, if I get the bathrooms cleaned tomorrow, I will be walking on cloud 9!

• Like 4

Playing catch up this week with reading and critiques while I'm waiting on some feedback to start revisions on my first few chapters. I also realized I need a calendar, and I think I'm going to run to town and get one because I desperately need to plan out the next eight to ten weeks for revisions. When I'm working, I'm mostly okay. When I'm not, I'm sad about my old cat who isn't going to be with us much longer. She's comfortable with fluids, but not eating more than a teaspoon or two today. Resting a lot on her heated cat bed, though, and purring when she's petted. 

• Like 4

Cleaned my desk.  I found mail from September on there, so clearly it's been awhile.  But I got it done.  Probably in large part because I couldn't get on the boards earlier.  It would ask me to sign in, which I usually have to do about once a month and had to yesterday, then when I selected Community, it would log me back out again.  It did that for a few hours.  But then I tried again and I went right in, no need to login.  Weird.

To do this weekend:  plan quick D&D campaigns for our info sessions next week, print out character sheets (since we won't have time to do our own), set up school for the kids including adding a lit study for A Wrinkle in Time, and writing - I think the CLE Research Paper 1, but I may decide to go with Beyond the Book Report (I have both), and history (we are STILL doing Ancients but we're going to move on from Egyptians to Assyria).  I think I'm going to get the Great Courses again since it's $10/month for life and that way I can have the kids watch it when they are hanging out at the science center.  It looks like it can be set up as an app on the Fire TVs.

Then, laundry and teaching them (again!) to fold clothes and vacuum. 

• Like 3

Lying. I'm lying.

Anyway. I apparently am open for science next year, too because I'm putting off SITB to line everything up right. I'm looking at MFW ECC (countries, animals, habitats and Matthew). It's a bajillion dollars but I never buy new anyway. Any immediate objections?

4 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Cleaned my desk.  I found mail from September on there, so clearly it's been awhile.  But I got it done.  Probably in large part because I couldn't get on the boards earlier.  It would ask me to sign in, which I usually have to do about once a month and had to yesterday, then when I selected Community, it would log me back out again.  It did that for a few hours.  But then I tried again and I went right in, no need to login.  Weird.

To do this weekend:  plan quick D&D campaigns for our info sessions next week, print out character sheets (since we won't have time to do our own), set up school for the kids including adding a lit study for A Wrinkle in Time, and writing - I think the CLE Research Paper 1, but I may decide to go with Beyond the Book Report (I have both), and history (we are STILL doing Ancients but we're going to move on from Egyptians to Assyria).  I think I'm going to get the Great Courses again since it's $10/month for life and that way I can have the kids watch it when they are hanging out at the science center.  It looks like it can be set up as an app on the Fire TVs.

Then, laundry and teaching them (again!) to fold clothes and vacuum. 

That happened to me on my phone - wanted me to log in, wouldn't let me, etc., then later it was working and I was logged in, then later I wasn't, etc.

Also, if you use BBR, let me know what you think.  I've been tempted to try it a couple times, but never have.