Menu

Ignore this thread!

23 minutes ago, Slache said:

By filling you with holes so all of the old leaks out?

I think it's supposed to increase blood flow so your body repairs itself.

23 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Is this one of those pumice roller things?

It's more like needles. A thousand teeny tiny needles. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

In my earlier post I forgot to mention that my mom was able to watch the little girls getting baptized via the internet.  Hooray for technology!

Edit: watch via the internet not get baptized via the internet.  My brain is tired.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! It's Monday, The Queen's favorite day!  And New Year's Eve!

I went to check on dd16 and her temp hasn't spiked back up  - it's been 7 hours since her last Tylenol, so maybe the fever has run it's course.  

Dh has to drive dd20 back to school today.  She was hired as an RA for the January term and is taking Gross Anatomy.  The rest of us will maybe get some things done around the house and get New Year's Eve food ready.  Ds14 is making a cheese & cracker tray with cheese he got for Chrstmas and someone needs to make sausage balls.  I might make some Super Duper Chocolate Sauce for ice cream.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good morning! I finished that first draft yesterday. Technically, I could take the day off and do nothing but read. However, I want to get moving on my revision questions, and I don't want to leave all that work for tomorrow. So I'll do as much of that as I can this morning, then do a little housekeeping, and then some reading. I ought to cook some things, too.

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy last Monday of 2018!

I'm evaluating my goals list from this year and working on my goals lists for next year.

My list is long because I don't just list the new habits that I want to achieve but I also list the habits that I have achieved in the past and want to continue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I miss my motorcycle. It was the closest thing to a car I'll ever have. I got to work on my own and went to the store. We don't want the kids to want motorcycles so I'm never getting one again. It makes me sad. I feel a little silly about that but I've been thinking about it a lot lately. We're moving somewhere warm with less rain, the kids are getting older and Matt's going to be home more. It's perfect timing for me to get another bike, but we're not going to. And I hate bicycles so no.

This has been a frivolous post.

• Sad 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

I Slept like a log last night. It felt so good. This morning I have to drive to the Big City. I’m stopping at Lowe’s first to get the carpet stuff squared away and then to my gyn for the results of the ultrasound. I’m not expecting anything important. The ultrasound was 2 weeks ago and I figured if they found something horrible they would have called me earlier. I suspect, having AF 17 months after my last one was, as my OB/GYN sister-in-law put it, “just a last hurrah”, though she was glad they did an unltrasound and I told her who I was seeing and she said the gal was a good NP. So, that is good.

We are moving again, today. DH wants this to be our last day. We have so much carp, so if this is our last day, then we get the important stuff out and then toss or donate the rest.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I miss my motorcycle. It was the closest thing to a car I'll ever have. I got to work on my own and went to the store. We don't want the kids to want motorcycles so I'm never getting one again. It makes me sad. I feel a little silly about that but I've been thinking about it a lot lately. We're moving somewhere warm with less rain, the kids are getting older and Matt's going to be home more. It's perfect timing for me to get another bike, but we're not going to. And I hate bicycles so no.

This has been a frivolous post.

How about a moped?  It's like a motorcycle, but your kids will NEVER want one!  :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

In other news, I ate a kiwi.

I just found out that I'm allergic to Kiwi. I would say that I'm heartbroken except I only eat them at Christmas. It is a little sad but I'll probably just forget it and do it again each year so I guess it's okay.

• Sad 3

Honestly, now that I think about it, I think I already knew...

Funny story. My mom is allergic to blueberries but she doesn't like them so she never eats them. Several years ago I ordered her some special Cincinnati only ice cream because I thought she would really enjoy it. I got her her favorite flavor, the flavor that Oprah recommends and blueberry pie. I knew that she didn't like blueberries but it was so good I thought she might like it. She loved it! But then she almost died. She had to go to the ER and everything. We had both completely forgotten her allergy.

• Sad 4

I like kiwi.  The fruit.  Not the bird.  Though I do like the bird - just not to eat.  Not that I've tried eating one or even been offered one.  Again- the bird.  The fruit I have eaten and like it. 

It's probably better not to type stream of consciousness.  Imagine reading all of this with a Caribbean accent. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I like kiwi.  The fruit.  Not the bird.  Though I do like the bird - just not to eat.  Not that I've tried eating one or even been offered one.  Again- the bird.  The fruit I have eaten and like it. 

It's probably better not to type stream of consciousness.  Imagine reading all of this with a Caribbean accent. 

Jean's been spending too much time in the island, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Goals for 2019 (numbers in parentheses indicate number per year)

Lose 15 pounds

spend 50 hours outside

complete Tai Chi form (50 times)

correct posture (200 times)

keep health log

Complete ASL 4 (Bill Vicars youtube) (15 lessons left)

watch Sunday School lessons in ASL (Jim Bracelin youtube) (15)

watch youtube videos in Spanish (15)

watch youtube videos in French (15)

watch youtube videos in ASL (15)

go to Spanish church (3)

speak Spanish with a fluent Spanish speaker (10)

speak French with a fluent French speaker (3)

Speak ASL with a fluent signer (10)

watch movie in Spanish (2)

watch movie in French (2)

read books (52)

learn to identify birdcalls (10)

take items to Goodwill (4)

sell items on ebay (100)

roomba (50)

wash bedding (10)

clean kids' bathroom (50)

clean downstairs bathroom (50)

memorize Scripture verses (20)

hand out tracts (50)

read the Bible (all 66 books)

write encouraging notes (150)

write encouraging emails (20)

invite people over/out (5)

play games/puzzles/watch movies with the kids (50)

complete scrapbooks (7)

write literature units (50)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Junie said:

Goals for 2019 (numbers in parentheses indicate number per year)

Lose 15 pounds

spend 50 hours outside

complete Tai Chi form (50 times)

correct posture (200 times)

keep health log

Complete ASL 4 (Bill Vicars youtube) (15 lessons left)

watch Sunday School lessons in ASL (Jim Bracelin youtube) (15)

watch youtube videos in Spanish (15)

watch youtube videos in French (15)

watch youtube videos in ASL (15)

go to Spanish church (3)

speak Spanish with a fluent Spanish speaker (10)

speak French with a fluent French speaker (3)

Speak ASL with a fluent signer (10)

watch movie in Spanish (2)

watch movie in French (2)

read books (52)

learn to identify birdcalls (10)

take items to Goodwill (4)

sell items on ebay (100)

roomba (50)

wash bedding (10)

clean kids' bathroom (50)

clean downstairs bathroom (50)

memorize Scripture verses (20)

hand out tracts (50)

read the Bible (all 66 books)

write encouraging notes (150)

write encouraging emails (20)

invite people over/out (5)

play games/puzzles/watch movies with the kids (50)

complete scrapbooks (7)

write literature units (50)

LOVE SO MUCH!!

• Like 3

Here is last year's goal list (warts and all).  I deleted a few details for privacy.  (Green indicates accomplished goal.  Red indicates a miss.  I used an x to indicate each time I accomplished something toward a specific goal.

2018 Goals

Physically – lose 20-35 pounds

Goal -- walk 99 miles xxxxxxxxxx xx

Goal – Spend 50 hours outside (15 minute increments) xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxx

Goal – Complete Tai Chi Form (50 times) xx

Goal – Correct posture (100 times) xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxx

Mentally – Improve ASL skills

Goal – complete ASL 2, 3, and 4(for the second time) xx

Goal – watch 50 of Jim Bracelin’s videos xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

n  Read more

Goal – read 10 25 52 books xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xx

Goal: Read 100 short stories xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Goal – improve Spanish/French skills

Listen to youtube videos xxxxxxx

Go to Spanish church

Speak Spanish with a Spanish speaker

Watch movie in Spanish – x

Watch movie in French - xx

Goal – get rid of unused items

Ebay (100 sales) – xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx

Consignment sale (100 sales/donations) xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxx

Yard Sale xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

Goodwill (6 times) xx

AWANA store x

Goal – keep the house cleaner

Run, Roomba, Run (100 times) – xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Clean kids’ bathroom (50 times) xxxxxxxxxx

Clean downstairs bathroom (50 times) xxxxxxxx

(Some weeks the kids cleaned the bathroom instead of me. )

Goal – learn to identify 10 birdcalls

Goal -- read the entire Bible (66 books)  Finish the Bible Reading from last year (43 books) xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx

Goal -- memorize 20 verses

Goal – hand out 50 tracts xxx

Goal -- Write 50 100 notes  xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx

Goal – Write 20 encouraging emails -- xx

Goal -- Invite people over/out 6 times -- x

Goal – finish *some* scrapbooks         

Goal – Play games/do puzzles/watch movies 20 50 times xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

So, it appears I may be right about ds's anxiety being worse because of the holidays. He hasn't come to us with any of his usual hypochondria concerns in almost a week. Only changes we made are turning off his light at night and taking vitamins.   He's been doing both of those for about two weeks.

Still going to continue with those and the other ideas (like exercise, eating better, yoga/Tai Chi/meditation) because they are just healthy things to do.

• Like 5

Hi ladies, we're home safe and sound!  I really, really enjoyed my mini vacay, it was what I needed, I was in the stadium when the Texans beat the Jaguars on Sunday, my first pro game, it was fantastic!  We had some good BBQ and tons of game time for the boys with their cousin.  I'm glad to be home, youngest and I are going to watch the fireworks.

• Like 5

The kids and I are going to go visit my first boss - who hired me during college- at her retirement home on Friday. She and I were good friends and even traveled up to Canada for a week once. She’s been asking us to visit for the last two years and I am a bit embarrassed to say that it has taken so long to set this up. Part of the problem is that she kept wanting us to come for a meal but I have explained that celiac makes that really difficult. So we’ll see her in the morning. 

• Like 4

🎉  Happy New Year!  🎉

Should auld booyas be forgot(ten)

And never brought to mind?

Should auld booyahs be forgot(ten)

And auld lang booya!

For auld lang booya, my dear

For auld lang booyah.

We'll take a cup of coffee with peppermint mocha creamer yet,

And auld lang booya!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1