Menu

Ignore this thread!

13 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning!

Slache, would you mind sending me a picture of how you have your trackers in your bujo?  I'm trying to get ideas on setting mine up.

Angi, enjoy your day at work!!

Susan, glad your home safe and sound, hope you guys feel better soon!

Ladies, I got some news that threw me for a loop last night, everyone is still alive but, I do need some big prayers and positive thoughts.

Praying for you.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, mama25angels said:

I mean are you using Supermom or Trendsetter, etc... or are you using one of the extension packs?  I'm using the faith edition planner but, I have the budget extension pack, the wellness extension pack (which I adore) and the monthly extension pack (because I just wanted to try it out).  I've fallen into the planner deep end in a bad way, lol.

Gotcha.  Um......I don't know?  I looked at Amazon and it's the Happy Mind theme.   

I do have a smaller size one in the Fitness theme.  I thought it would be enough to keep track of everything but it wasn't.   

I tried a TN for a little while but I need something where I can have it open to the current day so I can see just by glancing at it what I'm supposed to be doing.  

I've been using the following three for the past 6 months or so and it's working really well:

1)  my Happy Mind classic size planner (approx 9 inches by 7 inches) where I keep track of to-do lists and schedules.  Each page has a column for to-dos and an hourly time column.   On the back is a grid so I can write more notes if I need to.  It's a disc-bind so I can fold things back to the current page and see it at a glance.

2)  a teacher planning book that I got from Target dollar spot.  I have a page for each of my classes and that's where I keep track of attendance and what I plan to do each week with a supply list and notes about set-up.  There's not a lot of room because I made each subject column a day of the week and I"m trying to use one page for a whole year of a class.  I only have at most 10 students in a class so it's working okay so far.   This is spiral bound so I can fold it back to the class I'm setting up for and just glance at it as needed.  It includes which parents asked for no pictures of their kids, any allergies or other things I need to be aware of.

3)  a journal where I keep track of lists and information.  This has more detailed notes for my classes written after a class happens so I note how things actually went, how things should be modified, etc, contact information for parents (this notebook lives in my purse so I can call if we have a snow day), passwords, a list of activities we've done for 4-H plus ideas for upcoming, workshop information, tutoring notes.  This is basically a bullet journal with no calendar pages or schedules.  It's a hard bound notebook with a nice science-themed cover.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, whitehawk said:

My sweet baby huggabunch is sleeping over at a friend's house for the first time.

He's home! I am ready to give everything back except the willy nilly.

11 hours ago, mama25angels said:

QOW:  (since it's Only an hour from Friday!)

Can your give a darn really be busted?  Is that a good thing or a bad thing?  Ponder!!

Yes, and this is a NSFW link that makes me smile. Hugs to you!

• Like 5

Good morning! I was apparently up all night running around the house and swearing and looking out the window complaining about little things all over the house including a whole bunch of chickens. I guess that's my retaliation for his snoring night before last! I don't think I've sworn in my sleep before. I know I talk but if I were going to swear a bunch of chickens stuck in the house might be what makes me do it. I sort of remember the chickens being extremely fast like the road runner but pooping everywhere, and being really pissed that Matt wouldn't help me.

4 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Slache, yay for cheaper planners, but I'm getting lost in your on again, off again relationship with your vacuum cleaner.  😂

We're on again!

3 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Slache, would you mind sending me a picture of how you have your trackers in your bujo?  I'm trying to get ideas on setting mine up.

I don't have one right now! I'm kind of a mess because of it. I will share some things in a second post in a little while.

15 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. What is going on?  Quackersh (on the east coast) was woken up by a “9-1-1 down “ alert. Was this some kind of attack?  

This was my thought last night. Have you heard about the explosion in Queens?

Edited by Slache
  • Like 6

Dh is sick.  He was sort of sick on Wednesday but had a really long day (7 am to 11 pm working two jobs).  So yesterday he went to work and then came back home again really sick this time.  I haven't seen him up yet this morning.  I don't want to get near him (my immune system is a lot better than it was but is still on the fragile side) and he seriously impedes my normal chores!  (Does that sound unsympathetic?  I am sympathetic but wish that he could be in a nice hospital ward with good care where he doesn't contaminate the house and isn't underfoot!  Not that he's that sick or anything - it's more like a cold/flu thing but not to Critter's level of misery.) 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Dh is sick.  He was sort of sick on Wednesday but had a really long day (7 am to 11 pm working two jobs).  So yesterday he went to work and then came back home again really sick this time.  I haven't seen him up yet this morning.  I don't want to get near him (my immune system is a lot better than it was but is still on the fragile side) and he seriously impedes my normal chores!  (Does that sound unsympathetic?  I am sympathetic but wish that he could be in a nice hospital ward with good care where he doesn't contaminate the house and isn't underfoot!  Not that he's that sick or anything - it's more like a cold/flu thing but not to Critter's level of misery.) 

You could do what I did when both boys and DH were down with a stomach bug that I desperately didn't want to catch. I banned them from the kitchen. They only got to use one bathroom. I fixed meals, and would bring them to a table in the sick room (front room) and they could eat, and then I'd take the tray and into the dishwasher with it. This way they got care, but they were not underfoot. It was easier for me to bring a dinner and clear it than to have them trying to get stuff for themselves and contaminating the kitchen. 

And I did not get the bug. Steamed everything, washed hands, and masked up when I needed to. 

• Like 5

Bujo post!

• BJ picks from Buzzfeed
  • My Pinterest board. I don't make beautiful pages like these but there are ideas I like on each pin I saved. There's a weekly meal plan I saved because I want to use the same layout to track my meals all day before implementing them into my fitbit at the end of the day. I saved a 6 month budget because I want to reevaluate my budget every 3 months.
  • I like the Leuchtturm1917 because it has an index (3 pages) and page numbers. We're going to office depot today to look for an off brand with those features.
  • Anything that will be referenced regularly like yearly goals goes directly in the back while regular life goes in the front.
  • Mine is color coded and I use a few symbols but it's what makes sense to me. I don't have a key because I don't need one. If the system is complicated I won't use it. Colors are mostly used for the index. I have a visual processing issue so finding March's budget is much easier if it's green.
  • I only put things in the index if they'll be referenced. Organizing a quick shopping list to text to my husband does not need to go into the index but curriculum planning does.
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

No, it sounds responsible.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I took one for the team and had my throat swabbed at the walk-in clinic. No strep!  Yay!  So we will just continue with the salt-water gargling and ibuprofen and cold-eeze.  I should make some soup. Oooo...maybe that broccoli cheese soup!

On second thought, I’ll have dd20 make it.  She’s not sick.

Dh has set up the echo dot.  I finally made him turn off the mic because ds14 kept playing with it and driving me nuts.

• Like 7

I think my family is getting sick of leftovers, but there are leftovers to eat before I make something new. Note--they are welcome at any point to make something new for themselves. 😁

I have written 2000 words this morning, and stopped for lunch. I need about 4000 more, and then I'm calling this first draft DONE. I have some editing questions to work on over the next few days, but mostly I will be reading. I had a few gift cards burning a hole in my pocket and I bought six books. My current to read stack is taller than my laptop screen, but I needed more books! I lost track of how many I read last year. I need to keep a better record this coming year.

• Like 6

I've done this before, I know, but I'm having trouble finding it...how does one go about changing signatures now? There's a trick to it, and I can't remember what it is.

ETA: I think I found it. Was using too many words in the search criteria.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Seriously?  It is 11:35 pm and our phones (including ones put on Do Not Disturb by sleeping family members) all started beeping furiously.  Apparently 9-1-1 is down statewide.  Which I realize is a problem if you need it but it seems weird to wake people up from sleep to tell them about it.  (I was not asleep since I forgot to drink my bone broth earlier and am doing it now.)

Yeah, we had that too. I was deeply asleep after a long day....and then had to deal with an adrenaline surge and my body not wanting to quiet back down.

CenturyLink's backbone has gone down nationwide. 911 is out in parts of LA, TX, MA, and a number of other states. ATMs are down in ID. Hospital records are down in CO.  It's a big mess.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Slache said:

Bujo post!

• BJ picks from Buzzfeed
  • My Pinterest board. I don't make beautiful pages like these but there are ideas I like on each pin I saved. There's a weekly meal plan I saved because I want to use the same layout to track my meals all day before implementing them into my fitbit at the end of the day. I saved a 6 month budget because I want to reevaluate my budget every 3 months.
  • I like the Leuchtturm1917 because it has an index (3 pages) and page numbers. We're going to office depot today to look for an off brand with those features.
  • Anything that will be referenced regularly like yearly goals goes directly in the back while regular life goes in the front.
  • Mine is color coded and I use a few symbols but it's what makes sense to me. I don't have a key because I don't need one. If the system is complicated I won't use it. Colors are mostly used for the index. I have a visual processing issue so finding March's budget is much easier if it's green.
  • I only put things in the index if they'll be referenced. Organizing a quick shopping list to text to my husband does not need to go into the index but curriculum planning does.

Slache, that is beautiful!

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

You could do what I did when both boys and DH were down with a stomach bug that I desperately didn't want to catch. I banned them from the kitchen. They only got to use one bathroom. I fixed meals, and would bring them to a table in the sick room (front room) and they could eat, and then I'd take the tray and into the dishwasher with it. This way they got care, but they were not underfoot. It was easier for me to bring a dinner and clear it than to have them trying to get stuff for themselves and contaminating the kitchen. 

And I did not get the bug. Steamed everything, washed hands, and masked up when I needed to. 

This is how it works at our house too. I'm immunosuppressed. If you are sick, you are confined to your room and designated bathroom. You get a device (iPad) to watch Netflix on, and meals are delivered to you.  Dh and I sleep separately when he is ill, and I don't share a bathroom with him then either.  When I get sick, I get SICK and my lungs are already damaged from my previous bouts of pneumonia. 

When widespread flu happens, I kind of shelter in from the world as well. Everyone changes clothes when they come home and washes their hands. Dh picks up groceries.  I avoid large crowds.

As it is, I never eat at buffets or shared food situations (church potlucks).

Seriously, Jean, this is one of those times where I think dh needs to have a greater awareness---kind of like waking you at odd hours by turning the lights on.  Sleep is critical to managing pain and function. 

• Like 4

I love the idea of bullet journals, but I don't have the time to keep complicated spreads going.

I've been typing up some of my page spreads that I use in my planner a lot, so I can reprint them as necessary.  Right now I'm tracking all of the household filter sizes and lightbulbs and things I usually end up buying. Not all of them are available via amazon, so I've got to either dissemble the device to access the filter size and reassemble to use it until the part arrives or hopefully this will work better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Yeah, we had that too. I was deeply asleep after a long day....and then had to deal with an adrenaline surge and my body not wanting to quiet back down.

CenturyLink's backbone has gone down nationwide. 911 is out in parts of LA, TX, MA, and a number of other states. ATMs are down in ID. Hospital records are down in CO.  It's a big mess.

Yikes, any information on why all that stuff went down?

14 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Slache, that is beautiful!

:blink:?

3 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I love the idea of bullet journals, but I don't have the time to keep complicated spreads going.

I've been typing up some of my page spreads that I use in my planner a lot, so I can reprint them as necessary.  Right now I'm tracking all of the household filter sizes and lightbulbs and things I usually end up buying. Not all of them are available via amazon, so I've got to either dissemble the device to access the filter size and reassemble to use it until the part arrives or hopefully this will work better.

Mine aren't complicated except for the few I make at the beginning of the year.

5 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Yikes, any information on why all that stuff went down?

Not that anyone seems to be sharing. FCC has launched a probe and directed Public Safety and Homeland Security to investigate according to NBC news. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fcc-launches-probe-centurylink-wake-nationwide-911-outage-n952681

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Seriously, Jean, this is one of those times where I think dh needs to have a greater awareness---kind of like waking you at odd hours by turning the lights on.  Sleep is critical to managing pain and function. 

I do agree with you.  But. . .  25 years of marriage and it hasn't happened yet.  He's not a jerky guy - but clueless about others at times.  I finally snuck in to get my clothes (without turning on a light) because I just couldn't put off disturbing him even minimally any more.  But I absolutely know that if the situation were reversed, he'd have gone in, turned the light on and gotten his clothes hours ago with no thought about how it affected me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

My bullet journal/organizer is my iPhone/iPad Notes app.  I have a note for favorite freezer meal recipies and soups and recipies I get from you.  A general "daily list" note that has my phone number listed, a progressive ToDo/reminder list, weekly menues, and various other ideas and notes that I keep track of.  There's also a "Gift Idea" note, ITT archive document Note (with songs, poetry, etc.), Critter's Page (poetry), Budget, Children's Choir, Kids' music, yearly curriculum, End-of-year books, gardening, and a bunch of others that I probably don't need any more.

I like paper better, but this is working for now.  And my phone is small and fits in my purse/pocket.

Paper Better Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I have 5" left to go in medical bills. I can do this.  I am going to make myself, because if I do this I won't feel guilty about not having yet done this.

Any other twisted logic I can apply to this situation, because it is ugly and boring?!!

The longer you wait the more likely they are to disappear on their own.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I am here. We had court today for DS1 and it went as we wished it to. I am sorry I cannot provide details, but I appreciate all your love and support and prayers!!!!

Pizza is in the oven. We are working on moving this weekend. I am so beat, but I hate living in two different houses.

• Like 8