Menu

Ignore this thread!

My relative this morning called to tell me that she thinks the housekeeper has stolen from her.

It’s entirely possible but it’s also entirely possible that short term memory loss is happening. There are other signs.

My relative’s mother also thought everyone was stealing from her when her memory started to go. It was very clear then that that was not the case but that she was misplacing everything.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Or as they say, "I can't react to anything else today." Wouldn't that be something if it was true?

DH makes me mad--"Sorry, I can't react to you today. Check back in 12 hours."

Kids track mud on my freshly mopped floor--"Sorry, I can't react. Better clean it up. Because I can't react."

People beg me for food when there are leftovers in the refrigerator--"Darn, I can't react! I guess that means you get to cook what you can catch and kill for dinner. I'm plum out of reactions."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Just curious.  Are any of the people who used to swear by the Konmarie method of folding and putting away clothes, still actually doing it that way? 

We do. I live in a household of people with visual processing deficits. If it can’t be seen, it’s not remembered. The T-shirt folding method saved my sanity—no more T-shirts thrown on the floor.

My girls share a closet that is 36” wide. There is no way everything can be hung. As it is, the coat, rain jacket, robe, and two Sunday dresses each fill their closet rod.

Maybe the method works best for people in Japanese sized bedrooms? 😂

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Just curious.  Are any of the people who used to swear by the Konmarie method of folding and putting away clothes, still actually doing it that way? 

Yes, absolutely! It's the only way that my four children, especially the oldest, don't make huge messes of their drawers. As it currently stands Matt and I share a teeny tiny dresser and the three of them share a changing table dresser. If we are able to space out more I would just put dividers in the drawers and not fold the socks and underwear, especially since I buy giant packs of socks that all look the same so they don't need to be matched. There's definitely a space-saving value to the underwear and sock drawer being folded that way but if I didn't need the space I wouldn't waste my time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

Here is my tip- my kids hang all their pants/jeans and shirts. Mich easier than folding. I don’t care about socks,etc. as long as they are put in the drawer.

We only have two closets in the entire house.  One had dh's work clothes (dress pants and button downs) and the other has any clothes of mine or dd's that need to be hung.  There is definitely not enough room to hang everything.

Both kids wear sweat pants or leggings, and tshirts or hoodies.  So most of it wouldn't get THAT wrinkled.  Maybe the t-shirts would but it's hard to say if it would be any worse that how it is now.  I fold them but they put away and there is definitely shoving going on.

I dream about a family closet.  A centralized location where everything can quickly and easily be put away right out of the dryer.  It will never happen in my tiny little house.

58 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I tried it once.  I thought it made it too hard to get things out neatly. 

• Like 2

As much as I love chocolate covered mangos (which are a lot better than they sound), it didn't work.  My productivity has crashed headlong into pain (which is why I am not as productive as I would like in life.)  But I really need to finish a couple of things before retiring to my armchair for Netflix therapy.  So I'm going to bully myself into finishing one thing at a time.  Where's my whip? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

We're back home from the in-laws.  I feel like I should get a jump on my to-do list since it's still early, but I'm happy just sitting here with a cup of tea.

Tomorrow I have to run out to Michaels for some refills for my Happy Planner, and to the library.  My library actually has the anxiety book I was going to order from Amazon.  I figure I"ll check it out first then if it seems really helpful, I can buy it.   

• Like 3

I joined a homeschooling special needs local group on Facebook.  If we do get to the point of looking for a counselor/doctor, hopefully people might have a suggestion for someone good with homeschooling.

ETA:  a special needs booya?  I should have done a cheerier post for the booya.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Slache—did you have good protein over lunch?

If I say no will you feed me? :ph34r: I got about 3 hours of sleep between snoring, insomnia and fire alarms. I'm taking a nap soon. Tonight will be better but I am sick and tired of that fire alarm.

• Like 1

Felpful tip:  a chilled 6.5oz Double Shot feels wonderful on a hot, congested face!  Put it right up alongside your nose for a bit and roll it to the side of your face and back.  The metal can doesn’t make that annoying crinkle of a plastic water bottle and the small size is easy enough to handle while driving in low traffic conditions. And then coffee!

• Like 2

Got my edit letter today. It's probably the most detailed, comprehensive feedback I've ever seen, and it's going to be a joy working through the questions and places that need more information put in. But boy, it's going to be a lot of work. My agent estimates middle of March for the work to be complete. I concur. Might even beat the estimate? It's possible. A lot of the things she wants to see, I actually have in earlier drafts and in all my copious character work. I was reminded again of just how vital all that character and worldbuilding work is in fantasy writing. So much of it never makes it into the book, but it HAS TO BE DONE! (So glad I did it. Now I just have to find it all, and work it in to the story properly.)

This also means I have to finish my first draft of this new novel tomorrow. I think I lack around 10K. Wish me luck!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2