Menu

Ignore this thread!

(((Krissi))) ITT is showering you in so much love and prayer.

5 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Oh goodness gracious, Slache!  I need you here to teach me things.  Each kid has an echo.  I don't know a thing about them.  I do know ds11 asks it to tell him the weather each day, while he's picking out clothes.  

See? Millenials are cool. :cool: Go say "Alexa, open thunderstorm sounds."

4 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning ladies, I'm baaack!  Did you miss me?  I had a wonderful, wonderful Christmas holiday and I'm looking forward to New Years.  How is everyone?  Is anyone going to do a word for the year?  I have so much I want to accomplish this year, I really should be writing it down because keeping it in my head never works, lol!

Angi, have a great day at work!

I have done words of the day before and written them on my bullet journal's cover. I didn't really feel a need for a certain word in 2018, not really feeling one this year either. Past words have been peace (from stress), joy, progress and pray (for praying more). 

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

How do you do a word / bird for the year?  Do you pick a weird word like anguilliform?

Krissi, I vaguely remember you having a word of the year but I don’t remember what is was either. 

You choose a theme, put it somewhere you'll see it to remind you and focus on it as a goal. At least that's what I did.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Matt fixed the vacuum! Apparently it was user error so I think we're good (when he used the hose he detached the belt without knowing). I was losing my mind.

John made butter and Alex peed on John's scientist costume.

Yay for Matt (except for breaking it in the first place). 

Poor John!!!

• Like 4

I jave gotten so much done today! Go me!

29 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Yay for Matt (except for breaking it in the first place). 

Poor John!!!

It's in the wash.

25 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

So, do we have any new years resolutions or just new goals and focuses for the year?

2,019 pushups
365 miles (walking, running, swimming, hiking)
52 books (including 27 from the NT, so only 25 towards my 100 book goal)
$2,019 extra to debt

Currently contemplating a word.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slache said:

I jave gotten so much done today! Go me!

It's in the wash.

2,019 pushups
356 miles (walking, running, swimming, hiking)
52 books (including 27 from the NT, so only 25 towards my 100 book goal)
$2,019 extra to debt

Currently contemplating a word.

Slache, those are awesome!!  I really need to flesh mine out more and write them down but, they are similar to yours, except for the push-ups, nothing is going to get me to do a push up, lol.

• Like 3

BIL brought us through Magnolia - really neat place. Most of us spent the afternoon doing a watercolor painting thing. I am not an artist but it was fun. My sister has good supplies. 

Ds23 has come down with the crud. Dd9 is acting like she feels better though she says her throat still hurts and she is pretty stuffy. Ds14 is still coughing up a lung.  

Au gratin potatoes and ham for dinner. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

I think a good word for me would be good. God is good. Rest in his goodness. Accept that he is good. I have struggled with spiritual numbness for about 2 and a half years that I am just now coming out of.

A while back an elderly lady from church was talking to me about her husband who passed away and she made the comment that he now knows and understands that God is truly good. I don’t know why that had such an impact on me.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sorry I have AWOL the past few days. We have been dealing with some very serious issues regarding oldest DS, life has been a nightmare. But, he has been removed from our home and we are on the road to recovery, and I can say I have felt God’s Grace and mercy in ways I could never have imagined, and so we are doing all right. We spent the past couple days at my parents’ house camping out on couches and the floor. We get the keys to our new house today, so we are going to start moving in right away. We still have new carpet to get installed, but we are just going to not put things in those rooms.😜

I pray that you may continue to feel His peace in such a difficult time.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

A while back an elderly lady from church was talking to me about her husband who passed away and she made the comment that he now knows and understands that God is truly good. I don’t know why that had such an impact on me.

I probably can relate from my childhood trauma. There's just something about the phrase "God is good" that is peaceful and comforting. After pain and hunger and struggling and crying I know that HE is good and everything is going to be in ok because he is good. There is so much I don't understand and I'm always so frustrated when people say "God wouldn't let that happen" because he would, but that doesn't detract from his goodness. That's our failure, not his. And as we go through our daily lives of joy, death, peace, pain, excitement and trauma he is good and his goodness shines through it all. Someday I will be tired, and sore, I will have lived a life of unimaginable pain and true joy, and I will wake up to nothing but his goodness because that's all that will be left. That will be a good day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Imma alive.

Christmas hugs & wishes for joy and wellness to all. 

Dh is back to work today and I'm slowly working on catching up on laundry and dishes and post-holiday cleanup. Dd is feeling poorly and everyone has post-sugar grumps.  I've never been so joyful to make a protein shake; it clearly feels much better to my body.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Slache said:

I think a good word for me would be good. God is good. Rest in his goodness. Accept that he is good. I have struggled with spiritual numbness for about 2 and a half years that I am just now coming out of.

I'm pretty sure that my word is Joy, I've had such a hard time being joyful and just generally happy.  Honestly, I think it was because im so drained all the time due to no self care, I will also be working on self care and loving myself more this year.

Edited by mama25angels
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Slache said:

I probably can relate from my childhood trauma. There's just something about the phrase "God is good" that is peaceful and comforting. After pain and hunger and struggling and crying I know that HE is good and everything is going to be in ok because he is good. There is so much I don't understand and I'm always so frustrated when people say "God wouldn't let that happen" because he would, but that doesn't detract from his goodness. That's our failure, not his. And as we go through our daily lives of joy, death, peace, pain, excitement and trauma he is good and his goodness shines through it all. Someday I will be tired, and sore, I will have lived a life of unimaginable pain and true joy, and I will wake up to nothing but his goodness because that's all that will be left. That will be a good day.

That was really beautiful!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Ok, I am kind of freaked out. I just saw that my laptop camera had turned on.  I just covered up the camera with post-it notes.

I assume I have a virus somewhere? 

I would assume that there is a key shortcut to turning the camera on and you accidentally hit it.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Oh no!  The one we got does!  

I was a little upset at first because it really does look like it has the drive but, an external one will work fine!  How was work?  You must let me know when you use your soda stream and how you like it?  It's still on my list of possibilities.

Edited by mama25angels
  • Like 1

Would anyone be willing to convert a Google doc to a pages file, make sure it's still pretty and email it to me? I do not have an apple id.

Eta: I reformatted and edited my girlfriend's resume but she has a Mac and I want her to be able to edit it as she sees fit. She can't convert or really edit it much.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mama25angels said:

Which do you have?  So I can put it on my Amazon list for next month, does it also play movies?  Thanks

I have a mac, so I just have the apple superdrive. I can both burn and play DVDs. https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD564LL/A/apple-usb-superdrive?afid=p238|sQn5onQFh-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_246386725857_&cid=aos-us-kwgo-pla-btb--slid--product-MD564LL/A

I thought I would miss my internal cd player, but I really haven't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I would assume that there is a key shortcut to turning the camera on and you accidentally hit it.

or that I left FaceTime open from a popup....

I'm not overly worried about it, it was just a surprise, and a reminder to check my firewalls, etc..  I normally keep my camera covered but I do FaceTime from my laptop from time to time. I don't think they'd see much beside a boring wall, my wrinkles/grey hair/glasses, and my rumpled loungewear. I don't ever bring my computer into my bedroom, and I leave my phone in a different room while I change clothes.

45 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I have a mac, so I just have the apple superdrive. I can both burn and play DVDs. https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD564LL/A/apple-usb-superdrive?afid=p238|sQn5onQFh-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_246386725857_&cid=aos-us-kwgo-pla-btb--slid--product-MD564LL/A

I thought I would miss my internal cd player, but I really haven't.

Darn!  I got a Lenovo

47 minutes ago, Slache said:

Would anyone be willing to convert a Google doc to a pages file, make sure it's still pretty and email it to me? I do not have an apple id.

Eta: I reformatted and edited my girlfriend's resume but she has a Mac and I want her to be able to edit it as she sees fit. She can't convert or really edit it much.

I wish I could but, I have no idea how to reformat anything.

• Like 1

My goals/ resolutions for 2019 are:

No new debt

decrease current debt by $4,000

Read 26 books

Learn to use my technology (as much as possible)

Self-care

Habit/mood track (other stuff too)

Use my planners

travel

journal

hang out with friends more (make more friends)

Family Night with my boys

Learn to cook at least 5 new meals

continue to walk/exercise

daily Bible reading/study of theology

Set up routines for home cleaning

get organized

I hope you guys still love me after seeing how much work I need to do on myself.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

My goals/ resolutions for 2019 are:

No new debt

decrease current debt by $4,000

Read 26 books

Learn to use my technology (as much as possible)

Self-care

Habit/mood track (other stuff too)

Use my planners

travel

journal

hang out with friends more (make more friends)

Family Night with my boys

Learn to cook at least 5 new meals

continue to walk/exercise

daily Bible reading/study of theology

Set up routines for home cleaning

get organized

I hope you guys still love me after seeing how much work I need to do on myself.

Honey, we're all a mess!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

My list pretty much says edit, write, revise, rinse, repeat, and get out and get fresh air sometimes. 

I should put learn to write on mine.

31 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Listen to The Slache!

What kind of self care are you thinking? (If you don’t mind sharing ideas.)

You didn't ask me but...

• More emphasis on swimming/yoga/tai chi and less on harsher fitness
  • A dedicated devotional time
  • Something about screens
  • Stricter rules regarding my diet (health, not weight loss)
  • Clarifying a routine for my family's mental health

It's an I told you we were all a mess BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Listen to The Slache!

What kind of self care are you thinking? (If you don’t mind sharing ideas.)

Polishing my nails

getting my hair done

taking a bubble bath with candles

reading 

taking myself out to dinner

getting my eyebrows done

getting a massage (even a cheap one will do)

buying my favorite chocolate and not sharing

listening to Vince Gill

face masks

alot of small things while saving to do bigger things.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Slache said:

I should put learn to write on mine.

You didn't ask me but...

• More emphasis on swimming/yoga/tai chi and less on harsher fitness
  • A dedicated devotional time
  • Something about screens
  • Stricter rules regarding my diet (health, not weight loss)
  • Clarifying a routine for my family's mental health

It's an I told you we were all a mess BOOYA!

Yes!!  I forgot to put P.U.R on my list and that stands for find your Peace, Unplug, Relax!  The concept is not mine, I'm using it from a youtuber.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Polishing my nails

getting my hair done

taking a bubble bath with candles

taking myself out to dinner

getting my eyebrows done

getting a massage (even a cheap one will do)

buying my favorite chocolate and not sharing

face masks

What language is this?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3