Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

i know you guys have said before, but I didn't pay attention (not that I was ignoring you or anything like that), what kind of robot vacuum thingy do you have?  Any recommendations for less expensive ones?

I picked an off-brand based on reviews but also because it has a mopping feature. It would not replace actually mopping but would be a nice feature to have for regular maintenance, especially with muddy doggy footprints. I still haven't bought it so I have no opinion but I wanted to mention the mopping idea.

• Like 2

I did a quick gift inventory this afternoon.

I have plenty for ds18 (we bought him an expensive gift that I hope he will like), dd12, dd10, and dd8.  I need probably one more thing for dd16.  And then I saw the gifts for dd14.  Oops.  She has nothing (other than a wall calendar -- and she was with me when I bought it.)  I need to do some *major* shopping tonight.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Bought and wrapped the last 3 gifts today. Wooden shoe stuffers are ready to go. We don’t do stockings. After all there’s only 4 more sleeps til Christmas! (Love The Muppet Christmas Carol)

out with dh for dinner and a movie. Not sure which cause he bought the tickets. 

What happened to Susan’s husband? I’m praying for them.

a family in our church with 3 under 6 just had the daddy die of a fast, deadly brain tumor. They found it around Thanksgiving and he died last week.

Drug resistant pneumonia.

34 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So. I never heard if my students are even in the country let alone coming for tutoring. It's six minutes past tutoring time at the library. Can I assume that they are not coming and leave?  I need to cook dinner. 

Update?

30 minutes ago, Junie said:

Dd8 decided this morning that she wants to write a research report.

She is in the note-taking stage and keeps asking me questions.

Why won't my kids let me have Christmas Break!?!?

Because.

• Like 4

Back home from dinner. I have stuff for soup I could put together, but am just honestly too tired to care enough to do it. Work tomorrow and then I'm going to bed and not emerging until I feel human. At least it is a short work day and the weather is good for the drive.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

This is a drive-by “hi”. I gotta get my bread baked, kitchen cleaned up and run to the Afsa yet tonight.😩😩😩😩. I hate Christmas. I really do!

I will say, short of the cold, which is despicable, this has been an almost stress free Christmas. I just excused myself from cooking, and if I am still sick on Christmas day, no one will blame me for staying home with the books. I wish the house was cleaner, and I would like more soup and crackers, but there are no decorations to deal with, no presents to wrap ( we will probably do something as a family for a Christmas gift), and DH and I decided we didn't want to swap gifts. Going to get a new door for the bedroom. So low key. Kind of liking that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Junie said:

Back from shopping.  I bought one thing for dd14 and a bunch of other stuff for other people.  (More paint for dd8 and dd10 and a few gifts for my niece.)

I also made some returns while I was out.

More shopping tomorrow!!

I prefer white gold and look best in brown, red and pink.

• Like 4

I really hope that the television doesn’t mysteriously turn itself on at midnight tonight. Last night it not only turned itself on, but it was on not on tv mode but waa blasting “O Holy Night “ while I frantically tried to figure out how to turn it off. Just pushing the power button didn’t work because it would just turn itself back on. Creepy and frustrating at the same time. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I really hope that the television doesn’t mysteriously turn itself on at midnight tonight. Last night it not only turned itself on, but it was on not on tv mode but waa blasting “O Holy Night “ while I frantically tried to figure out how to turn it off. Just pushing the power button didn’t work because it would just turn itself back on. Creepy and frustrating at the same time. 

Well, maybe unplug it tonight?  If the plug is not too hard to reach.  But if it comes back on after that - RUN!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I would move.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hi! Checking in. I've been trying to get Christmas ready all week since I had procrastinated everything. I'm almost done shopping. The people I have left I will wait until after Christmas since I know they're away from home and I don't want to risk packages being left on the porch too long.This weekend is clean up the house weekend. I invited my MIL and BIL to come the day after Christmas. MIL will be staying 10 days. What was I thinking?? It was my idea so that I didn't have to travel- but it was MY idea! 

I've reached the end of what I can do in the basement myself. Now we need to get furniture so we can unpack the boxes. We ordered DS's bed but it's going to take a month! At least he's able to move out of the guest room. I want DS to go to Ikea to pick up the bookcases and put them together but he, understandably, says it will be a nightmare this weekend. And if I send him there and then assign him a bunch of Ikea assembly jobs, he won't be here to help me with clean up the house weekend. 

I told DH I was working on getting the presents except I'm not buying for his immediate family- that's his job. He said, "How about you pick something nice out for yourself while you're at it! 🙄😠 no. I'll be mad if there's nothing under the tree. 

And I need to plan what we're going to eat. I can't decide if we'll go traditional or eclectic and just let the kids pick out whatever they want individually. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Do you think this might have been a prank gone awry by the boys?

• Like 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Today is called Panic Saturday. At least that’s what the said on they radio yesterday. We are having Christmas with DH's family, which is always nice. We’re leaving at 10:00 this morning for the Big City. We always have brunch and with his mom’s health the way it is, we will likely come back mid-afternoon.

I got everything done last night,(including the Afsa, which was a nightmare) except realized I forgot to get cornflake crumbs for the hash brown casserole and (gasp) half-and -half for my COFFEE!!!~D. DH has a haircut this morning, so I think I will send him to the store.

• Like 6

I had a nice relaxing morning, stayed in bed until 10am, took a shower so my hair will dry by the time we head out to a friend's party this afternoon.  I had a nice breakfast and I'm enjoying my second cup of tea.

I need to wrap gifts so I can see what I really have since I have to make at least one more trip to the store and want it to be the last.  

I know exactly what I'm getting.  I got a new vacuum cleaner that we already opened and used, and I'm getting a plain gold wedding band that I can wear even when I'm teaching my classes.  It's what I asked for since my ring is my engagement ring with a cuff around it and I can't get gloves over it.

We have lunch with my dad tomorrow and go to my mom's on Christmas Eve.  Sometime between now and Christmas morning, I need to do some cleaning.  Dd is staying at our house to watch the dog while we visit the in-laws so I need to get things at least a little straightened up.

• Like 6

Good Morning (kind of).

I just woke up.

Happy Saturday!

I stayed up really late for a Christmas-related project, then woke up at 8 with a pounding headache.  I ate a few bites of breakfast, swallowed some Advil, took a shower, and went back to bed.

My headache is mostly gone, but it's threatening to come roaring back.  I'm sitting at my computer in a dark room and wearing sunglasses.

I need to go do some more shopping.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

No.  It's happened before when no boys had been around.  I think it's some kind of Chromecast thing or something.  We had watched Netflix both times before it had happened. 

Was someone in the room or walking by? TVs randomly go on and off sometimes when I walk by and do the same for a couple of my kids- especially when under strong emotions. One time we were at a birthday party when DD was about 1 and everyone was watching a movie. She got mad about something, screamed, and the tv went off. 🤣 I usually try to keep our crazy under wraps but that was pretty obvious. When I was pregnant with that DD, I had way more weirdness than normal! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Paige said:

Was someone in the room or walking by? TVs randomly go on and off sometimes when I walk by and do the same for a couple of my kids- especially when under strong emotions. One time we were at a birthday party when DD was about 1 and everyone was watching a movie. She got mad about something, screamed, and the tv went off. 🤣 I usually try to keep our crazy under wraps but that was pretty obvious. When I was pregnant with that DD, I had way more weirdness than normal! 

The Force is strong in this one!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Oldest ds is on a declutter mission.  He worked on his room yesterday.  He started on the kitchen today and then we worked together when I got home from dd's swim.  One of our goals is to find a convenient cabinet for snacking food.  Unfortunately, the odds of people remembering to use it (to put food away and to remember food is there) are pretty low.  One can hope, I guess. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Paige said:

Nope.  I was asleep in the room.  Unless I was having a strong emotioned dream. . .  

• Like 2

I survived work. I took a soaking bath, then retired to the bed. Fever appears to be returning. DH swept the whole house and told me to just go to bed. Getting dinner for us. 😍

My children have decided that since Mom has the plague, they should leave me alone to die in peace. Or at least the predators will get me first.😂

• Like 5

No tvs randomly turning on and off, but the other day I left my phone in my car.  While it was out there a text came through.  When I went back out ALL the windows including the moon roof were open.  I definitely did not leave them open - it was about 30 degrees that day and I almost never use the moon roof.  I'm thinking the text coming through must have done something that set off the windows.

I finished wrapping gifts, at least those already bought  I'm going to AFSA at 9pm tonight so it won't be so busy, and I'll come home with more to be wrapped but it shouldn't be much.  

• Like 5

Took Juliet for the special puppy playtime with the six month old doodle.  The doodle was very shy and Juliet bowled him over at first but we worked hard to get Juliet to tone it down and the puppy more comfortable.  In  the meantime, we could hear Juliet's bff howling in the house because she knew that Juliet was over and wasn't playing with her.  The bff wasn't allowed out because she has an injury right now.  But you will be happy to know that no playmates were eaten. 

• Like 5