Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

Merry Christmas Eve!

today's to-do list: clean up the house a little bit, do some laundry, take dd16 to work, finish some Christmas shopping (2 stores), buy Christmas groceries (rotisserie chickens, pies), nap, Christmas Eve church service, (maybe) pizza for dinner, wrap gifts.

• Like 5

Morning. We are also going to the zoo. Aka, the local after-hours doctor to see if the crud is in my lungs. I coughed so much last night I'm sore this morning. One of the turtles is starting with the sore throat and the nose this morning, so he's going. We'll all be back sometime today, I hope. Merry Christmas Eve.

But I might find the energy to make GF cinnamon rolls. There is that.

• Like 4

Merry Christmas Eve.  I was up from 2am to 6am with an upset tummy.  I think it's either the slightly unusual way I'm eating or cramps.  I'm thinking not cramps because same thing happened last week but who knows.  Advil helps and I usually feel fine in a fairly short amount of time.

Cleaning, especially the bathroom and laundry, today.  Dh ran out to the bank and the store.  We go over to my mom's for dinner this evening.

We got a light dusting of snow last night.  Just enough to look pretty and not affect the roads at all.  But dh says it's going to rain so it will be all gone.

ETA:  Hey, I got a booya and didn't even realize it!

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 7

My dad gave us money for Christmas (more than we expected so now I feel kinda bad) so I'm going to buy my Kavu bag.   I'm hoping it works for me.

I'm also buying bone broth.  Evidently posting about it here caused a run on it since it was out of stock for a little while on Amazon.  But it's back now.

Anyone read the "starting a sentence with a conjunction" thread?  I do that.  A LOT.  At least here.  In casual "conversation".

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

My dad gave us money for Christmas (more than we expected so now I feel kinda bad) so I'm going to buy my Kavu bag.   I'm hoping it works for me.

I'm also buying bone broth.  Evidently posting about it here caused a run on it since it was out of stock for a little while on Amazon.  But it's back now.

Anyone read the "starting a sentence with a conjunction" thread?  I do that.  A LOT.  At least here.  In casual "conversation".

It's perfectly fine to start a sentence with a coordinating conjunction. It's one of those grammar "rules" that is taught incorrectly. 

• Like 2

I am a little grumpy. I didn't drive myself, and I don't carry my ID when I don't drive. Poor DH had to run 30 min back to the house to get it. Meanwhile, the receptionist says she can get my information while we wait.

I can't talk. Like waving hands and gasping like an asthmatic frog can't talk. Grrrrrrr.

• Sad 3

28 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I am a little grumpy. I didn't drive myself, and I don't carry my ID when I don't drive. Poor DH had to run 30 min back to the house to get it. Meanwhile, the receptionist says she can get my information while we wait.

I can't talk. Like waving hands and gasping like an asthmatic frog can't talk. Grrrrrrr.

Oh, you poor thing!!! ((((Critter)))) This sounds more serious than bunny slippers can fix. Many prayers for you, sweetie.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

The hotel staff left a note in the girls' room yesterday that said they couldn't clean because the room was such a mess!   :ohmy:  :laugh:

The few times we stay in a hotel, we don't have them clean until we check out.  We ask for towels if we need them.  Too much stuff scattered around the room.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

Merry Christmas Eve!

today's to-do list: clean up the house a little bit, do some laundry, take dd16 to work, finish some Christmas shopping (2 stores), buy Christmas groceries (rotisserie chickens, pies), nap, Christmas Eve church service, (maybe) pizza for dinner, wrap gifts.

• Like 4

I cleaned the bathroom.  I'm just waiting on the towels and rugs to dry so I can take a shower.  We're not going to mom's until around 5pm, which is later than usual.  She doesn't seem to want us there as long as usual this year.  And she's bailing out on us for tomorrow morning.  

Dh is listening to Christmas music while wrapping the last few gifts he bought and it says it's playing Air Supply doing "Sleigh Ride" and instead it's some woman singing drummer boy.  

Now it's playing Sleigh Ride but it's still some woman so I don't think it's Air Supply.

I'm sneezing.  A lot.  Taking Benedryl and I don't know why my allergies would all of a sudden kick up but it doesn't feel like a cold.

• Like 5

It doesn't feel like Christmas here. I think we are so wrapped up in and excited about the move that we are just not Christmasy. It's quite a contrast from last year when we were moving to the Midwest and we were depressed at Christmas time. There was definitely a combination of excitement and depression but we are much more excited about Texas! I imagine you've noticed.

The foster family dropped by and gave gifts to the kids. I said I wasn't expecting anything this year because they have a real grandson now and grandchildren are expensive. She said but he is only one and that my kids are much more expensive! :laugh:

MIL says we can pay for all the things now or the kids won't be in the wedding, it's our choice. I tried to settle on a payment plan (withholding part of the phone bill) to cover everything that we didn't agree to pay for to keep the peace but that wasn't good enough. Matt's calling her. It's all very gug. I think that there is some sort of ulterior motive here that I can't put my finger on.

This week's low carb menu:

• Honey citrus glazed ham with tomato, cucumber salad and naan bread.
  • Carne asada with Greek salad.
  • Pan fried tuna cakes with veggie I've forgotten.
  • Cauliflower pizza.

We are having a breakfast casserole with fresh fruit and eggnog Christmas morning, so not low carb.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

double post trying to fix typos. 

I have done this, too. I think it's a new problem.

3 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

We have your back, Slache!  Stand firm about the amount of money you can spend on the wedding. Kids are so cute, no one knows if their clothes cost $400 or $40!!!

We have agreed to pay the full amount for the suit which is $100 more than we had agreed on but we're doing it in a payment plan by withholding part of her bill. This way if they try to bring anything else up I can say "Look, we're already struggling. We have no more money to give and we told you that." We totally could have given them $140 out of our tax return or one of our good months without a problem but once we did there would have been another thing. After we paid for the other thing there would have been another thing. It's how they work.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Slache said:

Are my menus always weird to you? People often say that our diet is strange. I don't think it is.

I will not be offended.

I would call it adventurous - I probably wouldn’t attempt some of them because I am a lazy cook / grocery shopper. But I would hire you to cook them for us. 

• Like 3

DH is napping. The boy is resting in the chair. I'm typing and reading in the bed with much better breathing thanks to Sudafed and prescription cough syrup. Terrible stuff, though. Really awful taste. I thought about cooking a roast for dinner, but we've got leftovers and cereal, and I can do that roast in the morning, and make a nice potato soup to go with it. Better to rest today. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Not at all weird. If you like it, and your kids like it, what does it matter what anyone else thinks? 

It doesn't. It's just odd that we've gotten comments from so many people. Specifically that our food is weird ir different. It's mostly well liked.

13 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

But I would hire you to cook them for us. 

No...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1