Menu

Ignore this thread!

All. It was banned before migraines because it always gives me a headahe. Even one note can trigger it.

I'm weird. I know. :)

Ahhhh! Yes. I completely didn’t put it together with the migraines. Completely understandable.

ETA: oh, wait, you said even before. I really shouldn’t try to multitask.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1

Here's my conversation with FIL on the phone as we were driving into town:

FIL: did you get lost?

Me: no we're in Townsville. We thought we'd stop at a store and bring some dinner up.

FIL: ok if that's what you want. We were going to pick up pizza.

Me: it's no problem. We'll get some deli chicken salad or something.

FIL: well "Pete" (dh's nephew) is on his way out the door to get the pizza. You don't want to have to go down the mountain to the grocery store.

Me: ok, we'll go with that then if it's already ordered.

FIL: whatever you want. I don't want to tell you what to do.

Me: lets go with the pizza. It will be good.

FIL: ok if that's what you want. You can get chicken salad tomorrow if you want some.

FIL (to "Pete"): go ahead and order the pizza and go pick it up. See if they have chicken salad.

Me: (sigh) See you in 10 minutes.

This is just the major highlights. :D

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

Me: no we're in Townsville. We thought we'd stop at a store and bring some dinner up.

FIL: well "Pete" (dh's nephew) is on his way out the door to get the pizza. You don't want to have to go down the mountain to the grocery store.

FIL: ok if that's what you want. You can get chicken salad tomorrow if you want some.

FIL (to "Pete"): go ahead and order the pizza and go pick it up. See if they have chicken salad.

He’s trying.

• Like 4

He’s trying.

I know. Maybe. He will have a thing in his head and can't hear anything you say otherwise and tries really hard to make it sound like his plan was your idea all along. It's exhausting. But it could be worse.

Right now, MIL is having a tin-foil ball fight with the kids. :lol:

• Like 5

Tomorrow, Mr. Ellie and I will open our few presents to each other. The neighbors (parents and one adult child) are coming over for breakfast ; I'm trying to decide whether to make Quiver's rolls or not... A friend and her son, a friend from church, and one of my acting friends are coming over for Christmas dinner around three.

I'm envious of those who have big family gatherings; it has never been our lot in life to experience that.

OTOH, we never have the family drama that many people experience who have big family gatherings, so there's that. :hat:

• Like 10

The stockings are stuffed, the gifts have been staged under the tree, and Jarvis the Elf even left a little goodbye gift (because the playdough was making the stockings too heavy). Now I will sit back and eat my cookies. Because I am Santa and they are mine.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 7

It’s 7:42 on Christmas morning. DH and I are awake, drinking coffee. I’m making croutons for the oyster-bacon stuffing since the in-laws didn’t get to enjoy it on Thanksgiving.

DS is asleep. I’d wager he’ll get up around 10. No reason to rush when you’re an only.

• Like 8

Merry Christmas!!!

Dh was awake at 4 (he's always been thr one to eake us up for Christmas!) , but he waited til 5 to get me up. We have opened all the presents and dc are messing around with their things now. Ds31 went back to bed.

I'm having a second cup of coffee.

Was there a favorite gift this year?

• Like 1

Presents here are done. It never takes long. The boys each got a model to put together and I got some ink for the one boy who likes drawing maps with a quill pen. I got myself a few drawing pens. DH got a gift card for lunches at his favorite sandwich place.

I might read, write and paint for the rest of the day until it is time to go to MILs.

• Like 2

No. Different Jan. This Jan’s brother fell off a ladder hanging outdoor Christmas lights. They just took him off life support.

:crying:   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  to all his family.

That’s hysterical!!!
  • Like 1