Menu

Ignore this thread!

We can't afford an exotic vet so we perform most surgeries at home with a butter knife.

Yeah, I think the concept is awesome but would work better for someone with no kids.

Pick a goal (improve my health)

Pick three areas of ways of achieving your goal (P90X, eat healthy, drink 100 ounces a day)

Pick 3 tasks to be preformed daily, weekly or monthly to make each subgoal happen.

Complete P90X

1. Schedule it

2. Ice back daily

3. Skip cardio workouts (can't fast and do entire program)

Eat healthy

1. Eliminate gluten

2. Eliminate coffee creamer

3. Intermittent fasting (makes me a pickier eater, prevents snacking)

Drink 100 ounces a day

1. Use pink water bottle (giant straw)

2. Hourly alarm

3. Tea twice a day

So by focusing on my little tasks I don't have to worry about the goals, just improving my habits. It's totally doable but you're supposed to pick three of the big goals and that was too overwhelming for me. I have a print out of the whole thing I can share. The print out is free but the physical journal is like $40 and only good for 13 weeks.

That sounds like a lot of work. I could maybe work on 1 thing at a time. 

• Like 2

Quackers, and news about stove issues and solutions?

Yes!  Crazy morning, but dh finally tracked down a little repair shop with the right element in stock.  He was closed but willing to hang out until noon so I could brave the ice storm and get it.  And it fits! and it works! Yay!!!!!  God is good always.

Meanwhile, though, we now have three crockpots in the house, an instapot on reserve down the street, and four ovens scattered about the county at our disposal.

Facebook + Awesome Friends = Awesomeness

• Like 6

When is Baby too old for me to blame my messy house on newbornness? Because houseguests are coming- just decided finally!- and nobody wants to do anything.

I think after you can’t blame it on newbornness anymore you get to blame it on babiness and then toddlerness, so you should be good for a while. ;)

That's what I was thinking.  By the time baby is too old, he'll be walking and then you have a new reason for a messy house.   :laugh:

• Like 1

Vacuum po warning:

So, I tried replacing the two belts and roller brush.  Problem.  Though the roller brush is the same part number, it is not made the same.  The new one does not have the same groove for the belt to fit into to make it turn.  So, now I'll be waiting until after Christmas to figure out getting the right roller brush.  

That's what I get for procrastinating.   :glare:

• Like 1

Wait. I'm confused. Are we to remind you in 45 minutes, or are you to be there in 45 minutes?

I want to leave in 45 minutes.  But. . .  I couldn't get in the shower this morning because of shower loving teens so my hair looks better than Homeless but worse than Put Together.  It looks like it needs to be washed.  Do I dare go out in public?  (Ignore the part where I already went out in public to the butcher's.) 

• Like 4

I want to leave in 45 minutes.  But. . .  I couldn't get in the shower this morning because of shower loving teens so my hair looks better than Homeless but worse than Put Together.  It looks like it needs to be washed.  Do I dare go out in public?  (Ignore the part where I already went out in public to the butcher's.) 

For carolers? Yes, I'd do it. Do you have a cute, seasonal hat? You could be an elf!

• Like 3

Sausage balls are finished

4 (or 5) batches of biscuits made

3 more pies in the oven

Dishwasher emptied

Dishes washed

Bathroom rug washed and dried

Kitty litter scooped

Dc bathroom floor swept and scrubbed

Dh used the carpet cleaner on some spots

Jello salad made

One gift packaged

Helped ds31 wrap a few gifts

I'm taking a break!

Holy cow, Angi! I'm exhausted just reading this!

• Like 2

When is Baby too old for me to blame my messy house on newbornness? Because houseguests are coming- just decided finally!- and nobody wants to do anything.

As long as there in the realm of childhood...

I think after you can’t blame it on newbornness anymore you get to blame it on babiness and then toddlerness, so you should be good for a while. ;)

Yep, after toddlerness, you have messy preschoolers, and then it just goes on and on...

• Like 2

I’m back. I ketchupped. We had Christmas with DH’s family. It was nice. Now i’m Having my afternoon cuppa to stave off impending headache due to not having afternoon cuppa.☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ The highlight of the day was mathematical genius 17 year old nephew and his garden hose bugle. Yes, he made a bugle out of a garden hose that he coiled 3 Times, struck a bugle mouth piece on one end and the top half of a water bottle on the other end to act as a bell. It was amazing. The kid played the beginning of Handel’s Royal Fireworks Music on it.

Ok, it wasn’t the Royal Fireworks Music, but it was some other trumpet thingie that is very recognizable.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 8

We are here. No ice. 👠I'm ready to go back home, so you all will have to be my home away from home. I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far... 🎶

I am pretty sure the garage here is about as cold as a refrigerator. I am trying to find a thermometer to take out there. MIL took the turkey out of the freezer on Thursday and left it in the garage. The turkey still feels cold, but definitely not frozen. 🕵

On the other hand, it is so hot in the house (upstairs) that we've opened the windows to cool it off.

#bonusearworm

• Like 3