Menu

Ignore this thread!

I. Hate. Snakes.

We killed a rattler today. On December freaking twenty second and there's a rattler under the house. The kitten was the first to find it. She has a cut behind her ear now, which we don't think is a bite. No swelling, no other symptoms. She just seems tired and in pain. We called the vet and he gave us a list of signs to watch for, which we already knew. I don't really like or trust this vet, but he was the only one we could get a hold of.

So I will be doing the worried mama bear thing for the next several hours. Who needs sleep, right?

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Dh and I went to the botanical gardens tonight to see their special lights. They shape them as flowers, a river, a Loch Ness monster, a bee, butterflies, the list goes on and on. So beautiful. Then we went for hot chocolate. Dd days it was an old person date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 6

Finally time to relax! I worked a little late, then went to Aldi. Ds31 took us out to Olive Garden tonight. He surprised us. I thought we were just meeting and paying our own way (friend/neighbor and 2 of her dc met us there, too). It was yummy and we had the best server! I had lots of salad and some kind of chicken and zucchini. No noodles. All dc behaved and we had a really great time.

Then I wrapped presents for an hour.

Now I'm in a hot bath.

Jean, that sounds wonderful!!

I haven’t been to Olive Garden in years. I love the place, but the wait to get a seat is always at the very least an hour, unless you go in the middle of the afternoon.

Dh and I went to the botanical gardens tonight to see their special lights. They shape them as flowers, a river, a Loch Ness monster, a bee, butterflies, the list goes on and on. So beautiful. Then we went for hot chocolate. Dd days it was an old person date.

Sounds like my kind of date.
  • Like 1

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!  COFFEE!!!!  Swim and TKD for 2 or 3 kids this morning.  Mail Christmas cards.  Hit the Krispy Kreme for donuts for Christmas morning and then WRAP!  Still need to finish fixing the vacuum so I can use it.  

Think Home Depot can get us a new oven in one day?

Ours would appear to be dying.   :mellow:

I'm guessing that trying to fix it would be quicker than trying to replace it.  That's what we decided about the dryer and the fix turned out to be fairly cheap since dh was able to do it.  

Where's my Christmas menu?! I posted it on here somewhere!!!!!!!!

4 or so pages back.  It was mostly yellow, does that help?  With mac n cheese.  And I think you decided that ham or pork would be the best meat with your other sides.  

:lol:

Maybe. Nauseous, and my back hurt, and now my neck hurts, and I don't know what. Just not a good few days. 

:grouphug:

Also, (((Lana and Kitty)))  

• Like 5

Congratulations, Aunt Ikslo!

(How many nieces/nephews do you have?)

I have, let’s see...

Boy

Girl - died as baby/heart defect

Girl

Girl

Step-Boy

Step-Girl

Girl

Girl

Boy - Declan

And on DH’s side:

Girl

Girl

Girl

Adopted Girl

He also has Step nieces and nephews from his step mom’s (MIL) 3 girls, but I can’t keep track of them. Maybe 10 or so of them? I’ve never met them all. From what FIL and MIL say, my DS is the best behaved, nicest of their grandkids. They may be just being nice, but I take them at their word. ;)

• Like 8

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ With peppermint mocha creamer. (Glad you were able to find some, Susan!😄)

Christmas Eve Eve🎄🎄🎄🎄

Spending the day with the in-laws!!

How’s kitten, Lana??

Quackers, and news about stove issues and solutions?

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

You don't use a vet for that?

We can't afford an exotic vet so we perform most surgeries at home with a butter knife.

Slache, remind me about this self journal thingy again....  how do you use it?  I don't think I can be that good all across the board.... I would have to start a bit smaller, lol.

Yeah, I think the concept is awesome but would work better for someone with no kids.

Pick a goal (improve my health)

Pick three areas of ways of achieving your goal (P90X, eat healthy, drink 100 ounces a day)

Pick 3 tasks to be preformed daily, weekly or monthly to make each subgoal happen.

Complete P90X

1. Schedule it

2. Ice back daily

3. Skip cardio workouts (can't fast and do entire program)

Eat healthy

1. Eliminate gluten

2. Eliminate coffee creamer

3. Intermittent fasting (makes me a pickier eater, prevents snacking)

Drink 100 ounces a day

1. Use pink water bottle (giant straw)

2. Hourly alarm

3. Tea twice a day

So by focusing on my little tasks I don't have to worry about the goals, just improving my habits. It's totally doable but you're supposed to pick three of the big goals and that was too overwhelming for me. I have a print out of the whole thing I can share. The print out is free but the physical journal is like $40 and only good for 13 weeks.

• Like 3

Lana,

How’s the kitty?

Update on kitty:

She's feeling much better this morning. We still aren't sure if the actual snake caught her ear or if she cut it on something else during the debacle. Either way, she did not get venomed. It still hurts, but she's going to be just fine.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 7

If you are supposed to leave your husband then you're doing the right thing, but if you're supposed to stay with him you're doing the wrong thing. The question of what your actions should be without a destination will not be answered.

In a book I read recently it spoke about how we are a cup and it is God's responsibility and joy to fill the cup with his spirit but if we fill the cup first with worldly things he cannot fill it as it is already full. It sounds like your cup is full.

Edited by Slache

(((Bookie))).

I cannot advise you on staying or ending. I think it's best if marriages can be saved, but of course we cannot judge that for you. I personally see no problem with careful hs documentation or planning for an income/career for yourself. Those are not contradictory to praying wholeheartedly, imho.

Edited by Another Lynn

Glad the kitten is feeling better, Lana. 

:grouphug: Bookie. I didn't catch the conversation, but it sounds like you are hurting. Will pray for things to improve for you and yours. I've been the depressed one, and from personal experience I don't think it's possible to fathom how the depressed mind works. Not well, I can tell you that. 

I'm back from work and considering a nap, or possibly a bath, book and then a nap. I braved two stores today and knocked out the Christmas shopping. I have a request for an apple tart for Christmas dinner. Considering making it if I can find some good apples. I also want to do some painting today.

• Like 1

DW and Broccoli camped in the backyard a week ago. They made s'mores and slept in a tent, until DW had to go pee at 1am and was too cold after that, so they came back inside. They'd wanted to camp out in the woods, but there were 3+ft of snow in the woods, so, that didn't work (there was only slightly over a foot in our backyard).

• Like 3