Menu

Ignore this thread!

I only got around four and a half hours of sleep. I couldn’t get back to sleep for over an hour after Dd woke me. And I woke up early this morning and my stupid exhausted body won’t sleep.

I’m pretty sure Dd was glutened last night. She ate at a local burger joint that has gf stuff but the chances of cross contamination are very high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHEDULE

S

U Sunday

M Christmas

T Work/Appointments

W

R

F

S

U Sunday

M

TO DO

Kids' dentist appointment

Unknown CDs

Bathe Minnie & Mickey

Bedroom Closet

Ship books

Fix Dragon

Craigslist/Ebay

Star Wars thing

Konmarie Kitchen

Baby Clothes

DAILY

Normal Housework

Artistic Pursuits

Teach John to tie his shoes

• Like 1

I only got around four and a half hours of sleep. I couldn’t get back to sleep for over an hour after Dd woke me. And I woke up early this morning and my stupid exhausted body won’t sleep.

I’m pretty sure Dd was glutened last night. She ate at a local burger joint that has gf stuff but the chances of cross contamination are very high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a distinct possibility. 

• Like 1

I went to the AFSA and got all the final purchases. MIL is Christmas shopping today. I know because she keeps calling me.

"What size shoes do the boys wear?"

Ten minutes later,

"What cologne does DH like?"

She obviously did not call her son DH, but you know what I mean.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 2

i tired.  

Christmas card envelopes have been addressed and are partially stuffed.  

Dh fixed dryer and the great laundry catch up of 2017 has commenced.

Dh has mentioned going to see Their Darkest Hour tonight (Winston Churchill movie).  I want to see it, but not tonight.  Need to start wrapping.  

Oldest ds has cleaned the kitchen better than I do it, two days in a row.  :001_tt1:  And then proceeded to play XBox most of the rest of the day.   :glare:   Loudly.  In the family room.   :glare:   We need to address it, but I'm leaving it alone for now.  

• Like 2

I forgot the cool whip for the trifle. Dh has gone fishing and will bring cool whip when he returns.

Christmas really snuck up on me this year. It has come so fast I haven't even had time to stress about it. But somehow all the things are still getting done. Is this what it's like when someone else hosts?

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 3

What did you do with the folder with my Christmas List Addresses in it? 

It was the bunnies!

I’m an auntie again! :hurray: Welcome to the world, Declan!

Weighing in at 8lb 2oz and measuring 21†ain’t too shabby despite being two weeks early! (My family makes big babies.)

:party:  :party:  :party:

Nice name!

• Like 3

Somebody please tell me to stop being such a weirdo.

Sunday night we’re having Christmas at my uncle’s. His daughter is going to be there with her family from Portland. We are not close with them, but cordial and we usually get their two children a small gift each. They give our kids small gifts, too. I try to spend about $10 per kid. Well, the girl likes to draw, so when I was at the Afsa this week I got her some colored pencils and a nice little sketch pad. I thought I spent about $10 total, but when I was going over my receipt I discovered that I spent $30. The prices were not clearly marked. Well, obviously I am not going to spend that much, and my first instinct was to take both pieces back and go get her another gift. But.... the sketch pad is $12 and I do not feel like going back to the Afsa right now (it’s in another town, and I plan on taking care of the return next week some time) and there’s no place else to really shop for cheap gifts for 10year olds in my town and dang it, I’m tired and I don’t want to go out. And i’d Have to do it today because we’re going to be gone all day tomorrow. And it’s only $2 more than I wanted to spend, which isn’t much, but my little “stick-to-a-budget†and “I’m only buying this gift to be nice and because it’s expected†heart is having trouble with it. But not too much trouble. But a bit.

Clearly I have had too much sugar and I just need to take it easy this afternoon.

I’m so glad you guys are my friends. I must sound like a total weirdo.

• Like 3

It's probably hiding out with mine. I couldn't find mine either.

whistle.gif

I's been berry, berry naughty...

Don't tell santa.gif!

Yeah, I've been reading that one on and off. I have no idea why.

I know, right? It's like looking at a car wreck...NoNONO...ack! I looked!

• Like 3

Christmas cards are all signed and addressed and ready to mail.  Well, as soon as dd sticks some stamps on them. 

Krissi shared her weirdness with the niece's presents.  I'll share my weirdness with Christmas cards.  I have a love-hate relationship with them.  Part of me really likes keeping in touch with people even the once a  year Christmas card people.  But. . .  when I go through my address book there are people in there who no matter how many years I sent them cards never sent a single one back.  And they didn't have any other contact either.  (I have some friends who don't send cards but do contact me throughout the year and I don't mind them at all.)  So a couple years ago I decided to drop the people who seem to want to have nothing to do with us.  But it irks me every time I see their names in my address book!  Isn't that weird?  I know those feelings don't go with this season of grace but there you have it. 

• Like 4

(((Spudz)))

(((Luuknam)))

Yay, Ikslo!!

And sort of yay, Dancer, for doctor's report.

Dh is reading Redwall (well, one of the volumes... Mossflower??) aloud right now, but I think he's almost done.  So  I don't have me much ITT time.  

BUT I got the groceries shopped today (zoo zoo zoo ugh), and assembled new pantry shelving, and moved most of the food back onto it, and made vegetable stock (for Monday morning's risotto torte).  It snowed, so ducks all went sledding in the gully out back, and because their winter boots finally arrived (they were ordered during the last storm because I'm so on top of things like that), they actually stayed out for couple of hours. 

Last night was It's a Wonderful Life.  Tonight is pizza night!  

• Like 5

Christmas cards are all signed and addressed and ready to mail.  Well, as soon as dd sticks some stamps on them. 

Krissi shared her weirdness with the niece's presents.  I'll share my weirdness with Christmas cards.  I have a love-hate relationship with them.  Part of me really likes keeping in touch with people even the once a  year Christmas card people.  But. . .  when I go through my address book there are people in there who no matter how many years I sent them cards never sent a single one back.  And they didn't have any other contact either.  (I have some friends who don't send cards but do contact me throughout the year and I don't mind them at all.)  So a couple years ago I decided to drop the people who seem to want to have nothing to do with us.  But it irks me every time I see their names in my address book!  Isn't that weird?  I know those feelings don't go with this season of grace but there you have it. 

My Christmas card routine fell apart after the third duck arrived.  My last one was 2010.  But before that, I had a similar love-hate relationship with it.  

• Like 3

Welcome Baby Declan!

It's in an EXCEL file called Cmas Envelopes.

I braved going to an AFSA to get the stuff to stuff a turkey with (onions, lemons, garlic). Dh took the kids swimming and I'm watching hgtv - my sister's boss is on TV (Fixer Upper) - I don't think I've ever seen the whole show. ðŸ˜

• Like 3