Menu

Ignore this thread!

Hm... the branch with soccer costs only $7/month less than a masterkey membership (assuming I do individual + kids). Which would enable me to do soccer at that branch, and swimming at the other, and use anything else wherever. Of course, you don't need to be a member to do swim or soccer lessons (you do need to be a member for childwatch, or just using their gym). Looking at it differently though, being a member at my closest branch is less than half the cost of a masterkey membership.

• Like 1

How do you teach your child to edit beyond running their paper through spellcheck? 

Read the paper aloud first, multiple times before the spellcheck ever comes into play. Then rewrite the sucker, and read it aloud again. Repeat until thoughts are organized and every sentence expressed to the best you can. Then spellcheck it.

• Like 4

If you're a member, parents' night out is free ($15 otherwise, which is half the cost of membership at the cheaper Y... same for flick & float, so, basically, if you pay for those two things each month you might as well join). And all of the kids programs are cheaper. Of course, at the more expensive Y, the kids programs are more expensive than at the cheaper Y too (exact same lessons), but more expensive. 

Oh my, at the Y with soccer, instead of childwatch they have a rocky adventure room (with a rock wall and all that). And of course, longer hours. But, twice as far away. And, only slightly cheaper than a masterkey membership (which would then enable me to use the closer Y too). But, that's so.much.money. I was spending not that insanely much less before we moved (partially because I didn't realize I could just do a single + kids membership), but back then we lived 5 min from the Y. Now our closest Y is 10 min and the one with soccer is 20 min. So, worth a lot less money to me.

Our home insurance claim went through! The way they were dragging their feet and giving us the run around, we weren't expecting anything. But the adjustment is agreeable and should cover all the repairs (including the ones we've made ourselves) and get us back on our feet. Thank goodness; I needed some good news today.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Oooh! I got a booya to boot! Life's not so bad after all!

BOOYA!!!!

Edited by lanalouwho
  • Like 9

Our home insurance claim went through! The way they were dragging their feet and giving us the run around, we weren't expecting anything. But the adjustment is agreeable and should cover all the repairs (including the ones we've made ourselves) and get us back on our feet. Thank goodness; I needed some good news today.

Yay! That's an awesome boeja post!

• Like 1

How do you teach your child to edit beyond running their paper through spellcheck? 

Another thing might be to revise their idea of editing as being the "final step". Present the idea of reading, rewriting, reading, rewriting, cutting, rearranging and reordering, dissecting sentences, and deciding on flow as much a part of writing as the conception of the idea that went down on paper as the first draft.

I would have been a happier camper in composition if I'd known that there is real fun and learning to be had in the editing process. It's not about "getting it right for somebody else." It's about saying what you want to say as well as YOU can say it.

• Like 2

It's not about "getting it right for somebody else." It's about saying what you want to say as well as YOU can say it.

Wait, you mean there is a better way of saying things? I'm pretty sure I say stuff the bestest way I can say it the first time. Just look at this thread. 

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 4

I'm having a really bad day. In the past 3 days it seems like *everything* came crashing down. My back, our finances, the kids' personalities. I'm stressed. I've been crying on and off all morning. I'm so annoyed with the kids too, and they can tell. It's not fair.

:grouphug:

I'm about to lose my ever loving mind. The boys are just picking on each other and screaming constantly today. I've locked myself in the bathroom, but I can't stay in here forever. There are things to do.

:grouphug:

• Like 1

I'm actually on something more like central time today. Something something stomach bug.  :cursing:

It's pretty weird... it was intermittently hurting for 7 hours before I finally had other effects. I did manage to sleep through the night though. But, it's bugging me today as well. Not as bad as yesterday afternoon/evening though.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Wait, you mean there is a better way of saying things? I'm pretty sure I say stuff the bestest way I can say it the first time. Just look at this thread. 

This is exactly what my DD16 thinks, and what DD13 would like to think.

• Like 3

My rheumy is so booked up that he can't do any sick visits.  Ironically, my rheumy referred me to my current dumb-a$$ of an internal medicine doctor. Texas has such a doctor shortage I should be glad to get in with anyone at all.  This guy isn't incompetent, he's just tactless. 

I think the next time I go see him, I'm going to bring in 21 photos of my last week of meals and a brochure on how to talk with patients. If he's stuck on this point again, I'll start shopping around. 

I'm sorry, Prairie.

Dr. Jean prescribes Oregamax.  It's my go-to over the counter immune system booster.  That and Sambucus.  And nasal rinses. 

My doctor tells me to lose weight too.  But he doesn't know how.  He doesn't even have brochures. 

I was off my thang. I swept and mopped the kitchen. Now I've got to get down on that thang and go after the last third of my manuscript with the little bitty baby scissors.

Don't sit on any spiders!

• Like 2

I found a spider on my tush,

I didn’t feel it ‘til the squish,

Be proud of me, I didn’t dance,

Just stripped right down and burned my pantz.

Poor spider, but  :hurray:  :hurray:  for your ditty!

• Like 2

Oooh! I got a booya to boot! Life's not so bad after all!

BOOYA!!!!

I'm outta likes, but this uber-likable.

ARGH!!

• Like 2