Menu

Ignore this thread!

What is this "snow" of which you speak? :hat:

I don't know and I don't want to know. #denial

When we got home from the earth science day thing, Celery left his sweater in the car (I finally got him to take it off because he was whining about being hot... it was about 80, sunny, and windstill), and was freaking out about wanting to take it inside. So Broccoli told him "it's October, you don't need a sweater in October".  :lol:  I wish (obviously, it was unseasonably warm that day). We could definitely get snow in October here, though the current forecast says Nov 9th (as if we can forecast stuff that far away). Expecting it to freeze on Oct 27th (29F).

Average first flake Oct 24. First flake ever recorded Sept 20. First measurable (>0.1") Nov 8/Oct 6. First inch Nov 18/Oct 10. 

Latest ever first measurable Dec 18, latest ever first inch Jan 3. 

• Like 4

We may have to set our clocks on Pacific Standard Time today. Everybody is dragging.

We're always in that time zone here. Maybe we can move it to whatever time zone the Aleutian Islands, or Hawaii, or Guam are in (I think those are not all in the same timezone, btw).

Happy Friday the 13th!

Be sure to report any strange goings-on!

Ugh. I guess that means we're not going to the haunted house tonight. Broccoli and I went a couple of weeks ago, and you had to buy a 5-pack (different parts of the thing), and he thought it was too scary (he loved, loved, loved the haunted house in Canada last year and thought it wasn't scary enough). The tickets are good until the end of October, and he actually wants to try another one, and Celery wants to go too, and all that... but, not on Friday the 13th. It's got to be crazy busy there tonight (Friday nights are our 1-1 nights, where one adult stays home with one kid and the other adult goes out with the other kid).

• Like 2

I suppose I should get Pantz before going to the dollar store. The kids are strangely OK with me taking them in my bathrobe.

It's for their secret studies in psychology and sociology -- let Mom be weird, then observe and record peoples' reactions.  

• Like 4

I am at the doctor's office. I have been waiting for 80 minutes. I am waiting for him to call me back, tell me I am fat, ignore me when I tell him I had two eggs (160 calories) for breakfast, and go on from there. I am hoping he will at least give me antibiotics because I am a zombie from this cold, but I doubt it. I finished off the two boxes of Kleenex here.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I am getting a corticosteroid shot, and I told him I would call for antibiotics if I spiked a high fever, but that it was ridiculous for me to come back in since I am already showing sinus tenderness and my ear drums are a mess.

He handed me a Mediterranean diet brochure. JJM, let me know when you want to visit this winter for my next primary care appointment. It will be sunny and 80F.

• Like 7

Okay, I'm confused. The Aleutian Islands and Hawaii are in the same time zone, but Hawaii doesn't observe DST... and neither do the Aleutians, according to some stuff I read... but those same sites tell me that it's 7:24am right now in the Aleutian Islands, and 6:24am in Hawaii. So, something doesn't add up. Either way, it's pretty early. 

Btw, in Guam it's 2:24am. 

• Like 2

My  body is rebelling today. According to my fitbit, I actually got 7 hours of sleep but I know that a lot of that was more twillight sleep.  I went to the chiropractor last night and my back is so sore that it kept me from sleeping well all night.  It's still sore now but I can ignore it better. 

• Like 1

I'm having a really bad day. In the past 3 days it seems like *everything* came crashing down. My back, our finances, the kids' personalities. I'm stressed. I've been crying on and off all morning. I'm so annoyed with the kids too, and they can tell. It's not fair.

I dusted the piano, vacuumed most of the 1st floor (accidentally forgot the sun/family room), did school with 9yo, did math with 14yo, folded 3 loads and started two more and sorted others, loaded and started the dishwasher, went through mail that had piled up.  Youngest dd did a lot of picking up as well - she's such a good helper!  Still need to do math with 12yo (and probably need to help a bit with another subject), take ds to orthodontist, run in the AFSA, and either mop the kitchen or get a child to do it, (I know I said I never mop the kitchen, but it really needs it - plus it's really just the steam cleaner which is easy), and do 50 million more loads of laundry.  

• Like 4

I'm having a really bad day. In the past 3 days it seems like *everything* came crashing down. My back, our finances, the kids' personalities. I'm stressed. I've been crying on and off all morning. I'm so annoyed with the kids too, and they can tell. It's not fair.

I'm sorry!   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I'm about to lose my ever loving mind. The boys are just picking on each other and screaming constantly today. I've locked myself in the bathroom, but I can't stay in here forever. There are things to do.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Give 'em chores!  Something you (I) never do that they would think is "fun" - like wiping baseboards!   :hurray:   (Think they would fall for that?   :laugh: )

• Like 4

I am getting a corticosteroid shot, and I told him I would call for antibiotics if I spiked a high fever, but that it was ridiculous for me to come back in since I am already showing sinus tenderness and my ear drums are a mess.

He handed me a Mediterranean diet brochure. JJM, let me know when you want to visit this winter for my next primary care appointment. It will be sunny and 80F.

backpacking-smiley-emoticon.png  Road trip! Road trip! Road trip!

• Like 5

Brag Alert! Ready your grins and giggles.

I'm really enjoying listening to my boys read aloud to me. I can't attribute this to any of my doing--they improved when they started writing and reading their stories to me. But when I remember how tough it was for me to teach reading, and how worried I was that I couldn't teach anybody how to read, I feel pretty good today.

• Like 7

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I'm about to lose my ever loving mind. The boys are just picking on each other and screaming constantly today. I've locked myself in the bathroom, but I can't stay in here forever. There are things to do.

• Like 1

Prairie- aren't you on meds that weaken your immune system? Would your rheumy be more receptive to helping you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My rheumy is so booked up that he can't do any sick visits.  Ironically, my rheumy referred me to my current dumb-a$$ of an internal medicine doctor. Texas has such a doctor shortage I should be glad to get in with anyone at all.  This guy isn't incompetent, he's just tactless. 

I think the next time I go see him, I'm going to bring in 21 photos of my last week of meals and a brochure on how to talk with patients. If he's stuck on this point again, I'll start shopping around. 

• Like 5

Do they know how to vacuum, clean baseboards, and fold laundry?  Because, seriously, when my kids fuss they get put to work. It's carried over to their private conversations, "Mom is getting mad. You'd better stop because the grout needs cleaning again." 

• Like 6

How is it 1:30 already?

I'm guessing because you're silly enough to be on eastern time. Come join us over in the pacific time zone!

((Slache & Lana))

Happy birthday Prairie!

They canceled Broccoli's instrument exploration class (they one that they postponed one week, since it was supposed to start last week), because apparently Broccoli was the only kid who signed up.

Btw, I looked at our Y (since apparently we now have more time, and the kids should probably practice their swimming some, and Celery wants to do soccer), and for childwatch, you do need a single + kids or a family membership. At least at the branch closest to us. Also, they have changed their swimming lessons stuff. So, I texted their former swim instructor to ask what level they should be in. They can both swim the length of the pool (Celery much better than Broccoli), but their strokes suck, and Broccoli still has issues with putting his head underwater and with doing floats. So, Broccoli should be in level 1, or 2, or 4, and Celery probably 4 (unless his strokes are better than I remember). So, leaning towards both in level 4 (because putting Broccoli in with kids who can't swim just because he doesn't like water in his face or because he struggles with floating doesn't make much sense when he can swim the length of the pool). Blegh. Of course, they haven't been in a pool since summer camp, so, there's that as well... Oh, and of course our closest branch doesn't offer soccer. It's a small branch, and the cheapest branch in the area... the next closest branches are twice as far though (and more expensive). And I don't want competition soccer... not in the mood for soccer moms, nor for competition schedules that aren't released yet when you sign up and pay. 

• Like 2

I'm actually on something more like central time today. Something something stomach bug.  :cursing:

It's pretty weird... it was intermittently hurting for 7 hours before I finally had other effects. I did manage to sleep through the night though. But, it's bugging me today as well. Not as bad as yesterday afternoon/evening though.

• Like 1