Menu

Ignore this thread!

I was only 10lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight today! 🎉 At least half of that has to be in the chest. I still can’t get even my largest early pregnancy pants past my thighs, though. It’s the hip spread from labor, right?

And then I took a shower before it was time to feed Baby and I gained 5lbs in the shower! The engorgement is serious.

• Like 10

A nap is calling me, I think. Just two more chapters to edit and I can answer the call.

It's calling me too! Laundry first and a drink of water.

(Part of what is making me so tired is the sight of 5 bins, 1 bag, 4 piles, and 2 laundry baskets of girls' clothes. Yup, it's time to put away summer and get out the fall/winter stuff. Sigh.)

• Like 2

Is it a cycle to clean the actual washing machine?

Or does it cause the washing machine to become Super-Wash, complete with cape and powerful soap-soaking, odor-eliminating, stain-removing  superpowers?

I want one of those.

In other news, I'm under 125K. Go me!

• Like 2

We went to Sunday school and then came home because ....wait for it...... another soccer game!!!!

I also quickly made pancakes, reloaded d/w and laundry and bailed out a stopped up toilet. It's still stopped up.

Now I'm at the soccer game. Alone. In the rain. (But sitting in my car!)

I unclog toilets all the time.

I miss soccer games. This is the first autumn in 8 years we haven't done soccer.

• Like 3

AMJ--my dh does the same. I at least have convinced him to carry a plastic pill holder rather than just dump them in his pocket. No simethicone though--allergy medicine instead.

They sell pain meds in little pocket vials -- DH took over two of those, removing the labels and adding a black Sharpie marker dot to the lid of one.  In one he carries various pain meds and Gas-X.  In the other he carries various allergy meds.

When we were on our cruise I had thought I left my pill boxes behind, but I had bought vials of Aleve, Tylenol, and Advil.  We restocked DH's pocket pharmacy from those and I used two of the vials for my daytime meds and vitamins.

They are very handy little vials, and quite durable.

• Like 3

I wish that I could stay home but alas I can't.  I have to church and later I have to IL.  And I won't be able to eat any of the Chinese take-out that is being ordered so I'll have to figure out food for dd and me as well.  Pout.  And whine. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Wine?  

It's after noon on a Sunday.  I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from ILs' and picked up meat I don't have to thaw for supper tonight.  I would have picked up a bottle of Irish Creme from the liquor store two doors down, but they aren't open today.  I'll survive; I have PB&choc ice cream.

• Like 3

For no reason at all, I want biscuits and gravy at Cracker Barrel. ðŸ˜

My brain mis-read this, and I wondered how crackers and gravy would taste.

I guess I'm getting hungry now.

• Like 3

Or does it cause the washing machine to become Super-Wash, complete with cape and powerful soap-soaking, odor-eliminating, stain-removing  superpowers?

I want one of those.

In other news, I'm under 125K. Go me!

NO CAPES!

• Like 5

DD got the AG catalog yesterday, glanced through it and handed it to me and said, "here, look through it for my Christmas presents."😮

At least you've got a wish list. Someone in my household hasn't handed in a wishlist one day before her birthday. Somehow, I think the only thing she's going to get is the water/wind wheel she ordered in August and will arrive a few days after her birthday. Especially since I've been too sick to bother doing anything, really. 

https://www.waterlilyturbine.com

Naturally, after submitting my material for the contest, I'm positive that I messed everything up, that my story is trash and my query is so bad anyone who reads it will vomit reflexively. Plus I can't spell, place commas, conjugate verbs or create an interesting protagonist, write an attractive sentence or basically put three words together in a logical way. :wacko:

This is why you should never let your children grow up to be writers.

...and why you should let them grow up to be pharmaceutical sales reps for whichever company produces Xanax. 

(btw, xanax is a terrible choice for this kind of scenario, since it's relatively short-acting)

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 1

I was only 10lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight today! 🎉 At least half of that has to be in the chest. I still can’t get even my largest early pregnancy pants past my thighs, though. It’s the hip spread from labor, right?

And then I took a shower before it was time to feed Baby and I gained 5lbs in the shower! The engorgement is serious.

Has let-down improved? 💓

I have signed up for one Stitch Fix delivery.   :leaving:

I just got done telling DH and the boys that if we just embraced the idea of nudity in the home we wouldn't have all these clothes to fold.

They were not amused. I offered to buy everyone simple tunics, but that didn't fly either. :laugh:

• Like 5

Is it a cycle to clean the actual washing machine?

There is another button for that - haven't tried it yet.

For the amount of money you have to spend on a washer these days, I would expect it to transform into this for every load!

Try it, find out, and then come tell us!

I did for a load of whites that are now in the dryer. We shall see...

• Like 2

...and why you should let them grow up to be pharmaceutical sales reps for whichever company produces Xanax. 

(btw, xanax is a terrible choice for this kind of scenario, since it's relatively short-acting)

I've been self-medicating with chocolate mostly. 

• Like 5

At least you've got a wish list. Someone in my household hasn't handed in a wishlist one day before her birthday. Somehow, I think the only thing she's going to get is the water/wind wheel she ordered in August and will arrive a few days after her birthday. Especially since I've been too sick to bother doing anything, really. 

https://www.waterlilyturbine.com

An interesting gizmo.  I wonder how to keep devices and connections dry if towing this behind while paddling?

Let us know what she thinks of it once it comes!

• Like 2

I just got done telling DH and the boys that if we just embraced the idea of nudity in the home we wouldn't have all these clothes to fold.

They were not amused. I offered to buy everyone simple tunics, but that didn't fly either. :laugh:

When I was telling the girls I'll take them shopping Monday for wedding outfits for their cousin's upcoming wedding DD13 chimed in to say she's sure she could put something together, or perhaps go in a toga.

No, DD, you are not attending the wedding wrapped in a sheet!

• Like 3

Earlier at ILs' house we were discussing when my Dad moves down, and perhaps DD16 could go volunteer wherever he settles.  DD said she wouldn't mind visiting him, and can listen quite well to rants.  I looked at her, and she said, "Not you, my friends and cousin.  I listen to them all the time!"  We nodded our heads over that, then DD continued: "After all, these are people I actually LIKE--"  MIL's and my loud guffaws drowned out the rest of her sentence.  (She did actually say more, though she paused for breathe RIGHT THEN, so it sounded like a slam.)

• Like 3

We passed a place called "Chigger Ridge Nature Area". :huh: Really? Who was the genius that came up with that name? :D

Someone hoping to deter humans from actually entering the nature area, and therefore disrupting nature?

I'm going to guess clean boost is extra agitation (if it's a top loader... I think top loaders agitate, right?). Otherwise, no clue. Of course, there's google, if you want something other than speculation...

• Like 3