Menu

Ignore this thread!

Today was the first time that MIL didn't recognize someone. She kept asking Dh and I where our daughter was. She was sitting right there and Grandma didn't know her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I remember the first time my grandfather didn't remember me.  But he remembered my dh.   :glare:

He had Alzheimer's but he also had a UTI or bladder infection.  After the infection was treated he remembered me again for a while.

• Like 3

((Jean))

Two of my grandparents had Alzheimers. My grandmother was very gradual, and I don't think she ever forgot who anyone was. My grandfather went downhill fast (after his wife died), and he at some point didn't recognize his kids, nor did he even remember that he'd been married for almost 60 years and had 7 kids. I didn't ever experience that though, because for 10 years I was stuck in the US with an expired passport and no money. It's weird, since it's kind of like they could just as easily still be alive and well... the difference to me is minimal, since we didn't communicate much after I moved to the US. Sometimes I really wish I could talk to some of them about certain things... but, that's obviously not possible. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the hugs for the MIL situation. We're actually not upset. She's just gotten out of the hospital so she could be just fuzzier but her dementia has also steadily increased over the years. Today she sat and laughed at everyone talking even though she had no idea what we were talking about. But she was happy. FIL on the other hand mostly ignored us and focused on stuffing himself with as much Filipino and Chinese food as he could.

• Like 5

If your MIL is happy, Jean, that is wonderful. I have found that even though things like names and such go as dementia progresses, emotions remain and finding joy with your loved one is still a profound giving and receiving of love.

Before dementia, MIL was very difficult.  She was the matriarch of the entire extended family and would have tantrums if people (*cough* me *cough*) didn't fall in line.  Dementia has taken away her power to make decisions.  And now she's happy.  I'm actually very glad for her that she's happy. 

• Like 5

Today was the first time that MIL didn't recognize someone. She kept asking Dh and I where our daughter was. She was sitting right there and Grandma didn't know her.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Well, I am still profoundly awake. I have dusted the house and finished two more loads of laundry. I can only hope that this prednisone has me wired through the day as well because my alarm is set to go off in three hours for the day and I have no window to nap tomorrow.

The air is quite cool out this morning, and the sky is VERY clear.  I have very nice sunrise colors to watch this morning through the tree silhouettes.  DH and the weather guy were talking jackets.  No, but longer pants are comfortable right now.

:001_smile:

Well, okay, I did take the opportunity to put on a flannel shirt over my t-shirt.  Because flannel!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 4

It's a flannel shirt morning here, too, AMJ!

I'm waiting on caffeine before I do too much with the day. I'm not awake before my first cup of tea, and could do something ridiculous, like pitch off the stairs face first or decide to cut an entire scene without thinking about it.

• Like 4

It's a flannel shirt morning here, too, AMJ!

I'm waiting on caffeine before I do too much with the day. I'm not awake before my first cup of tea, and could do something ridiculous, like pitch off the stairs face first or decide to cut an entire scene without thinking about it.

I am having some hot chocolate, which is also serving to declutter one more packet of the stuff that has been hanging around since I bought a bunch to have on hand for visiting niblings.

I'm decluttering AND having a warming beverage!  When I'm done with it I'll take the kitchen towels upstairs to wash.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Monday!!!😩😩👎

No jury duty!!ðŸ‘

Boo for insomnia!!! ((prairie))

Yay for flannel and hot chocolate and cool mornings!! (Or in the case of JJM, cold morningsâ„ï¸)

Hugs for Jeannie and Events Planner and MIL!!!!

Hi, Angi, who isn't supposed to be here (why on earth not?), but is anyway because she loves us!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

Coffee tastes good again and no longer makes me sick. My mornings just got 100% better.

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

I got 65F and pouring rain. :/ DS's morning chore today is taking out the recycling, and he volunteered to do the trash also! <3

We have to do extra school today because we plan to do very little tomorrow.

Kitty sulked for an hour last night. When she writes her tell-all book, Animal Neglect in the American South, be sure to read the chapter about the time she killed a snake* in the living room and didn't even get praised for it. This after a full day of supervising squirrels and making sure none got inside the house.

* It was an American Backpack Snake. The ones in this region tend to be orange and gray, or sometimes green and gray. You find them next to piles of books.

:laugh:

Good Morning!!!!!!!

Yes, today deserves the exclamation points.  I got out of bed feeling pretty good this morning.  It took me half an hour to realize that my head didn't hurt!

The headache is starting to come back, but I had an amazing couple of (virtually) pain free hours!

And it's sweater weather!!

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 9

Good morning. I had a roughish night. I did sleep after I got up around 2 am and broke out the pain reliever.

Today the car goes to the shop and Dd and I will hang out at the mall across the street.

Tomorrow I plan to try to trigger bad symptoms in my daughter by going to the laser light show.

• Like 3

Monday mornings wouldn't be so carpy if I would just get my weekly planning done on the weekend. :glare:

The girls and I spent an hour of class time today mapping out typical weeks to assign specific chunks of time to exercise, music practice, some housework, class time.  This way we can see where we get chunks of time for independent work, and for me to call Dad weekly and to call and/or visit places to gather information.

Oh, yeah, and grocery shop.

I think writing up a sound morning checklist for each of us will be necessary for a bit.

• Like 1

It was 60F when people started heading out the door this morning. We're headed for a high of 79.  I have select windows open, and the ac is off! (We turned it on in January for the year, people!)

My raised-down-here kids are still claiming it's chilly outside, so I am waiting a little longer, until the day warms to the mid-70s that were promised.  Then yes, OPEN WINDOWS!!!!  FRESH AIR!!!!

• Like 1

Good morning. I had a roughish night. I did sleep after I got up around 2 am and broke out the pain reliever.

Today the car goes to the shop and Dd and I will hang out at the mall across the street.

Tomorrow I plan to try to trigger bad symptoms in my daughter by going to the laser light show.

• Like 1

Well, I am still profoundly awake. I have dusted the house and finished two more loads of laundry. I can only hope that this prednisone has me wired through the day as well because my alarm is set to go off in three hours for the day and I have no window to nap tomorrow.

:grouphug:

Please, nap if you need to.  Cancelling things for a day, while not ideal, is doing more for your family than driving around exhausted and potentially hurting your family.  Take care of you.

• Like 2

Dd9 likes to do one subject a day.  She usually saves math for Friday and I have to fight her to get it done.

She decided that she wanted to do math on Monday this week (as I have requested in the past), and she got it all done with very little complaining.   :party:

• Like 8