I didn’t succumb to the strain,

Just calmly washed it down the drain.

I found a spider on my face,

I didn’t yell, burn down the place,

My self-control’s a thing of pride,

I never squealed and never died!

Random Musings

• Like 8

Time to head west for a fall trip? It's in the 50's. Beautiful fall foliage. Lots of drizzly days again but also lots of sun breaks.

Or East.  You know, the whole Boston in the Fall thing.  

It's a sign... an ITT Fall Retreat in New England Booyah!  

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 6

I tired. We came home yesterday, but so did my parents so I can't sleep all day- have to be friendly. Baby is Coombs positive which means his blood and my blood are having a bad reaction from mixing. He's not getting jaundice, but he's anemic because of it and is super sleepy and a little grumpy. Except for at night when he hasn't slept at all after 10pm- pretty much literally since he night he was born. He's had tons of blood drawn which I'm sure isn't helping the anemia but they need to keep track of how he's doing. We don't have an rh incompatibility; it's something else. And my milk hasn't come in yet, which is perfectly normal, but it's not helping the anemia and he's possibly losing lots of weight. He's down to only 5lbs 9oz per the pediatrician's office today. I say possibly losing so much weight, however, because just before we left the hospital we discovered that their scales are likely wrong. He was weighing significantly less on the nursery scale than on the scale in our room and they thought he lost too much weight and couldn't come home. Then they weighed him in our room again and he weighed significantly more there than on their scales. They weighed him on a 3rd scale and it was different too. The nurses were very concerned and said they'd be having their engineering department out to check all their scales after we left. It's too late for us, though, because Baby's weight is officially recorded as it was. 

Now, we have no idea how much he really weighed at birth, but we have to go by his official birth weight for the loss even if it's likely off. It's more likely that he wasn't as big as we thought, since it was so much more than the estimate, and what he is now is so close to the estimate...We can't tell how much of his lethargy is due to anemia, and how much could be from poor feeding.  :sad:

He's really cute and snuggly. We finally named him and it's growing on me, and I think my milk will be fully in tomorrow. I can feel it coming. Baby wasn't feeding as well today as a few days ago, so I've been pumping and I think it makes a big difference. 

Edited by Paige
  • Like 6

Or East. You know, the whole Boston in the Fall thing.

It's a sign... an ITT Fall Retreat in New England Booyah!

I would love to go to Boston in the fall. We could do fall things like wear boots and crunch the leaves and drink cider in a little cafe somewhere.
  • Like 3

For Jean

Self-Control

I found a spider in my hair,

I didn’t scream and didn’t swear,

I didn’t succumb to the strain,

Just calmly washed it down the drain.

I found a spider on my face,

I didn’t yell, burn down the place,

My self-control’s a thing of pride,

I never squealed and never died!

Random Musings