Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Friday Morning!  I slept in until 7:00!  Glorious!

:grouphug: Paige. I think with help there you should just concentrate on resting and feeding the little one. I wouldn't worry about being friendly. Better for you to rest as much as you can when he does--that should help your milk come in, too.

:iagree:  :iagree:  :iagree:   If they're not there to be helpful, send them home.  It they don't understand that, the ENB can come and explain it to them.  

Baby.  :001_wub:

:001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:  He is gorgeous!!!  

Hugs and prayers for all the blood issues to resolve quickly and some awesome nursing sessions today!  

• Like 5

Or East.  You know, the whole Boston in the Fall thing.  

It's a sign... an ITT Fall Retreat in New England Booyah!  

I love this song.  I want to go to New England in the Fall sometime.

• Like 3

I tired. We came home yesterday, but so did my parents so I can't sleep all day- have to be friendly. Baby is Coombs positive which means his blood and my blood are having a bad reaction from mixing. He's not getting jaundice, but he's anemic because of it and is super sleepy and a little grumpy. Except for at night when he hasn't slept at all after 10pm- pretty much literally since he night he was born. He's had tons of blood drawn which I'm sure isn't helping the anemia but they need to keep track of how he's doing. We don't have an rh incompatibility; it's something else. And my milk hasn't come in yet, which is perfectly normal, but it's not helping the anemia and he's possibly losing lots of weight. He's down to only 5lbs 9oz per the pediatrician's office today. I say possibly losing so much weight, however, because just before we left the hospital we discovered that their scales are likely wrong. He was weighing significantly less on the nursery scale than on the scale in our room and they thought he lost too much weight and couldn't come home. Then they weighed him in our room again and he weighed significantly more there than on their scales. They weighed him on a 3rd scale and it was different too. The nurses were very concerned and said they'd be having their engineering department out to check all their scales after we left. It's too late for us, though, because Baby's weight is officially recorded as it was. 

Now, we have no idea how much he really weighed at birth, but we have to go by his official birth weight for the loss even if it's likely off. It's more likely that he wasn't as big as we thought, since it was so much more than the estimate, and what he is now is so close to the estimate...We can't tell how much of his lethargy is due to anemia, and how much could be from poor feeding.  :sad:

He's really cute and snuggly. We finally named him and it's growing on me, and I think my milk will be fully in tomorrow. I can feel it coming. Baby wasn't feeding as well today as a few days ago, so I've been pumping and I think it makes a big difference. 

While you are pumping to help your supply come in consider rubbing some of Paigelet's spit onto your nipple before and afterwards.  Do as much as you can, all over your nipple.  Some studies were completed well after my kids were breastfeeding, or I would have been doing this back then.  The studies found indications that the baby's saliva basically sends a report to Mom's body, and the breast milk being produced gets altered to supply antibodies and other things the baby might need at the moment.  I think the mechanism works best while the baby is actually nursing, but I figure rubbing the spit on before and after pumping might be able to gain at least some of the benefit.

I'm glad you are home, and I hope you all get some good sleep and a routine sets in.  If you need to nap then do so; your parents can do their visiting around your schedule.  If the baby isn't sleeping at night at all your only hope of sleep is during the day.  Right now is supposed to be recovery for you and the baby.  Everyone else can adjust and see to the other kids and the housework.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 3

Good morning!

We may have to set our clocks on Pacific Standard Time today. Everybody is dragging.

Dh brought a huge ugly-but-free table lamp home from work yesterday. It's sitting on my bedroom floor. After a few weeks it will probably be tossed into the Pit of Danger (garage). Eventually it may make it's way into the trash or Goodwill.

I need to go grocery shopping and bring the kids to the dollar store and do laundry. Oh and school lessons. I don't want to get any of my priorities straight.

Coffee!

• Like 7

Can I whine for a minute?  Dh leaves at noon for army drill all weekend, two states away.  We have a belt test and a soccer game tomorrow.  Another soccer game on Sunday.  And Youth group.  We have an appt. this afternoon to pick up ds's new retainer.  I really need time to stay home and do laundry (among other things).  But with dh gone, I won't get to.  12yo ds has school work that he didn't have time for during the week that he will need me for this weekend.  Oh, and I'd like to run in the AFSA for 15 minutes - maybe I'll do that on the way home from the orthodontist this afternoon.  

:nopity:

:laugh:

• Like 4

Can I whine for a minute? Dh leaves at noon for army drill all weekend, two states away. We have a belt test and a soccer game tomorrow. Another soccer game on Sunday. And Youth group. We have an appt. this afternoon to pick up ds's new retainer. I really need time to stay home and do laundry (among other things). But with dh gone, I won't get to. 12yo ds has school work that he didn't have time for during the week that he will need me for this weekend. Oh, and I'd like to run in the AFSA for 15 minutes - maybe I'll do that on the way home from the orthodontist this afternoon.

Godspeed! Don't forget the emergency flares for the AFSA stop!

• Like 3

Happy Friday the 13th!

Be sure to report any strange goings-on!

I have a cat in my face. This is much better than a spider.

Today is the day for the contest. I'm perfectly fine right now, not feeling any pressure, not concerned about my chances, not second-guessing my writing. Expect me to go a little bonkers right around three central.

Caffeine.

It's too hot for October. I'm ready for some color, some rain, and some cooler weather.

• Like 9

Can I whine for a minute?  Dh leaves at noon for army drill all weekend, two states away.  We have a belt test and a soccer game tomorrow.  Another soccer game on Sunday.  And Youth group.  We have an appt. this afternoon to pick up ds's new retainer.  I really need time to stay home and do laundry (among other things).  But with dh gone, I won't get to.  12yo ds has school work that he didn't have time for during the week that he will need me for this weekend.  Oh, and I'd like to run in the AFSA for 15 minutes - maybe I'll do that on the way home from the orthodontist this afternoon.  

:grouphug:   It is Friday, the 13th.  I feel for you.  I'm going to get a week soon when DH will be out of town for a business trip.  Phooey pout pout.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ðŸ’•

Friday!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Homecoming at DS's school, which also happens to be my Alma Mater.ðŸˆðŸˆðŸˆðŸðŸ‚🎉

I got jury duty on Monday, so I gotta find some stand-by childcare. I thought I'd have my mom, but my dad has a dr. app. Next on the list, the in-laws.

Hugs for Lynn!! You can do it sister!! Hang in there!!

Critter, I'd rather have a cat in my face than a spider, too.ðŸ±

Boo for no snow, JJM!â„ï¸

• Like 6

Lets send in the clones. I’ll pick you up in the copter and we can watch movies and eat Nutella out of jars.

It’s a lazy fantasy booyah!

Isn't it time?

Why aren't they here

to do our laundry and run

all our errands with cheer?

Send in the clones.

There ought to be clones!

• Like 8

Happy Friday the 13th!

Be sure to report any strange goings-on!

I just had some blood sucked out of me.

Then I stopped to pick up kolaches, but all they had were bready things with stuff inside or on top.  I wanted the somewhat flakey pastry.

I am going to hobble into Zumba and watch the girls work out.

Zombies must have come in the night.  I have no brain.

• Like 6

BTW, no snow.  Just 34 degree rain.  Friday the 13th?  Yup. :glare:

:grouphug:

Our humidity is back.  We have warm fog.  You know the kind -- the defrost/defog must be run in the vehicle so you can see to drive, right when you want more a/c so you can breathe.

• Like 4

HEY!  I was out at the barn, busting out the ITT Theme Song du Jour, and it occurred to me:  This is the PERFECT Pony Theme Song!  They are the pirates who don't do anything.  They sit around (and eat) all day long!

What a revelation!

We are the ponies who don't do anything

We just stay at home and laze around

And if you ask us to do anything

We'll look at you as if you were nuts and then ignore you!

• Like 6

10 minutes more of dedicated piano practice (DD13) until I cart the kids off to Zumba.  My SI issues want peace and quiet today, but I have to be tolerant of the practicing, and a task-master with the other DD about her practicing.  And Zumba is loud.  And Park Day will be humid and loud.

DSIL with two of her kids will be down this weekend, hopefully this evening.  More loud, but I really want to talk to her.

I want cool, dry air and no noise.  I'm not sure when I will get the no noise, but at least more cool & dry should come Monday.

• Like 3

Isn't it time?

Why aren't they here

to do our laundry and run

all our errands with cheer?

Send in the clones.

There ought to be clones!

We are the ponies who don't do anything

We just stay at home and laze around

And if you ask us to do anything

We'll look at you as if you were nuts and then ignore you!

:hurray:

• Like 3

Dh brought a huge ugly-but-free table lamp home from work yesterday. It's sitting on my bedroom floor. After a few weeks it will probably be tossed into the Pit of Danger (garage). Eventually it may make it's way into the trash or Goodwill.

It's too bad I haven't figured out yet how to make money being the middleman between those exporting their trash and, well, the dump.    

• Like 2

My parents just left. I don't begrudge them baby time and rest. They are older and drove 9hrs to stay 1 day and turn around and drive 9hrs back the next day. Now I can sleep.

Everyone loves Baby. Even the kids who were anti-baby at first are now obsessed. Dear doggy and kitties love Baby too.

• Like 10

My parents just left. I don't begrudge them baby time and rest. They are older and drove 9hrs to stay 1 day and turn around and drive 9hrs back the next day. Now I can sleep.

Everyone loves Baby. Even the kids who were anti-baby at first are now obsessed. Dear doggy and kitties love Baby too.

I love Baby.  I want ten of Baby.  I am tempted to cradle and rock my laptop, he's so scrumptious.  

:001_wub:

• Like 7

The y is spendy. Family membership plus childcare for one kid is $85 per month.

You could get a single adult + kids. Or maybe even a single adult - not sure if they allow you to put your kids in childcare if you do that; you should ask. But, I've been told you don't have to be actually single to do the single adult + kids thing - if your spouse isn't interested in working out, you don't have to pay for your spouse. Also, the cost varies by branch - around here, the cost for a family varies from something like $35/month to $70/month or something, depending on the branch (iirc... either way, the difference is pretty big between the cheapest branch and the most expensive branch). The most expensive branch has better hours, better facilities, more classes, etc yada yada... you get what you pay for. Of course, unless you want to drive a crazy distance, that doesn't help much, but anyway... I don't know if you're basing the price on the branch they're building, or on the closest branch that's already in existence (that said, newer branches tend to cost more than older ones, at least around here... of course, an old and dilapidated Y is going to be able to charge less than a sparkly new one). 

• Like 1

I am at the doctor's office. I have been waiting for 80 minutes. I am waiting for him to call me back, tell me I am fat, ignore me when I tell him I had two eggs (160 calories) for breakfast, and go on from there. I am hoping he will at least give me antibiotics because I am a zombie from this cold, but I doubt it. I finished off the two boxes of Kleenex here.

• Like 3

I am at the doctor's office. I have been waiting for 80 minutes. I am waiting for him to call me back, tell me I am fat, ignore me when I tell him I had two eggs (160 calories) for breakfast, and go on from there. I am hoping he will at least give me antibiotics because I am a zombie from this cold, but I doubt it. I finished off the two boxes of Kleenex here.

((Prairie))

Dude!  What's not to love?

Side note:  Should we consider amending the Island Rules to make an exception for babies?  We'll hire a nanny for the hard stuff, but wouldn't it be nice to have a Cuddle Room? :001_wub:

• Like 5

Two eggs are 140 calories. 

Tell the doctor to stick it in his ear.

Oh, and next time, bring me.  female-gangster-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 5

He is a very pretty baby, Paige.

I wish I liked babies. Sadly, I wasn't even all that fond of my own. I'm no good with babies. :sad:

On the other hand, I'm quite fond of my young teenagers, so that's something.

I'm no good with other people's babies either. I think they don't like me because I'm bony. I do well with 13+ too. My babies are ok, though. 7-11 has been my hardest stage for my own.

• Like 4