Menu

Ignore this thread!

I just spent a very needed but tedious half hour deleting emails from my Inbox.  I still have nearly 25,000 left in there, just in the inbox.  I have lots of old folders of emails I should clean out, too.

This is going to be an ongoing project for a while.  I should schedule a regular time slot each week to work on this.

Why did I go looking for more work to put on my plate?   :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

At least I have been searching for clusters, and unsubscribing from several.  It will slow the tide of incoming emails just a tad.  I have deleted several thousand in my half hour....

I read recently about how mothers are thermostats and everyone else in the house are thermometers. We set the temperature and they react to it. I'm responsible for the temperature in the house, the music that's played, that everyone goes potty before we leave, that the baby is on the right feeding schedule... realizing that Matt does not know how to be a thermostat has done a lot to ease my frustration with him. He keeps doing things like giving the baby unhealthy snacks because he's crying because he's not keeping the proper flow going when I'm not looking. Being a thermostat is exhausting.

Very, very apt.

• Like 1

Are there any mythical people who get good sleep most nights?  I'd like to be one of those.

Children.

So, in theory, all you have to do is stop paying the bills, stop doing the grocery shopping, stop making all the food and play all day. Try that and see if it works.

• Like 5

The health and success of three other people depend (to some degree) on me.  I remind myself of this on days when I am too busy to get to "my stuff".  Though if you think about it, even "my stuff" is for the family's benefit.

But then that's how parenting works.  Dh's stuff is important for our financial health and well being and we couldn't do it without him. 

Just giving myself some perspective. 

Jean is being all adult today.

• Like 2

I think I’m going to need to quit the gym. There’s no afternoon childcare hours, which is when I really need it. I’m kind of mad at myself— when I was checking it out they said, “oh, these are just our summer hours,†and I just assumed that meant there would be more hours come fall, but no.

I’m really bummed. This was supposed to be “my thing,†my me time. Now I have nothing that is my thing and I’m with them 24/7 so me time is just binging on chocolate in my room while bribing them with TV. :(

I guess I just need to accept it. In a couple years oldest will be 13 and youngest will be 5 and hopefully I’ll be able to leave them home without them eating each other. Hopefully.

You can't go before DH goes to work?

I need a nap. I don't think I can get through the concert tonight without some rest. I am excited about using the free-trial bow!

Have you all heard about grow bags? I saw a youtube that teaches how to make them super cheap out of landscape/weed barrier fabric. I think I may try them in the spring and put a small grow-bag container garden on my back deck - it's the only place in the yard (aside from our mailbox) that gets a good amount of sun all summer.

• Like 3

I think I’m going to need to quit the gym. There’s no afternoon childcare hours, which is when I really need it. I’m kind of mad at myself— when I was checking it out they said, “oh, these are just our summer hours,†and I just assumed that meant there would be more hours come fall, but no.

I’m really bummed. This was supposed to be “my thing,†my me time. Now I have nothing that is my thing and I’m with them 24/7 so me time is just binging on chocolate in my room while bribing them with TV. :(

I guess I just need to accept it. In a couple years oldest will be 13 and youngest will be 5 and hopefully I’ll be able to leave them home without them eating each other. Hopefully.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I need a nap. I don't think I can get through the concert tonight without some rest. I am excited about using the free-trial bow!

Have you all heard about grow bags? I saw a youtube that teaches how to make them super cheap out of landscape/weed barrier fabric. I think I may try them in the spring and put a small grow-bag container garden on my back deck - it's the only place in the yard (aside from our mailbox) that gets a good amount of sun all summer.

Do they work on children?  We have some short people here who could use some help.

• Like 5

Spendy though

?

I have 47% on duolingo French and I still can’t think of a good reply. That app is too easy to game.

yEP, YEP. a GOOD SUPPLEMENT. dANG IT! i CAN'T FIX THIS.

Do they work on children?  We have some short people here who could use some help.

i HANG MINE FROM HER TOES AND MAKE HER HOLD A 5 POUND WEIGHT FOR 5 MINUTES A DAY.

• Like 2

Well.... I've had a philosophical shift in the way I think about DS and his education. I think it is good. It's hard on me being a real rule follower and all, because this means not doing what everyone expects or says we must do. It means being more individual and trying to do what's best for this kid, even though I feel like I haven't the slightest idea what I'm doing .... we'll just call it personal growth. I've been working on looking at his strengths and working on bringing those out, as well as seeing what his weaknesses are and figuring out how to shore those up as well. Sometimes I hate being a parent. It's too hard. I just want to be a character in a book or a movie or something.

• Like 9

Well.... I've had a philosophical shift in the way I think about DS and his education. I think it is good. It's hard on me being a real rule follower and all, because this means not doing what everyone expects or says we must do. It means being more individual and trying to do what's best for this kid, even though I feel like I haven't the slightest idea what I'm doing .... we'll just call it personal growth. I've been working on looking at his strengths and working on bringing those out, as well as seeing what his weaknesses are and figuring out how to shore those up as well. Sometimes I hate being a parent. It's too hard. I just want to be a character in a book or a movie or something.

Me too.

• Like 2

:D

Might need to add some Miracle Grow.

Yes.  It's too bad that they can't put growth agents in their shampoo or something.  It would be so much easier than shots.  (We haven't decided for or against growth hormone shots, but it is an option for the two youngest.)

• Like 1

DH is threatening to not let me have any more massages because I come away limping.  I told him no, I simply need to have her work a lot lighter on my legs.

#don'ttakeawaymymassages

• Like 2

All this philosophy and all I can contribute is that I adulted and made dinner.

You would not want to be a character in one of my books. I am mean and do horrible things to people in the name of fiction. :D

Yeah, I thought about that. I want to be a character in a light, fluffy beachy type book!

• Like 7

I think I like this shorter hair cut. You know something is right when you can fall out of bed in the morning, look at yourself in the mirror and say, "Woman--you look sassy, today!" 

And if you can face the mirror again after the day and say, "Still looking sassy", that's a good haircut. :laugh:

• Like 7