Menu

Ignore this thread!

Are you going on a cruise?

Later this summer -- ILs' 50th wedding anniversary.  They are taking the whole family, minus one niece who refused to go.  17 of us!

• Like 3

My library has changed holds from 4 days back to 8! :party:  Now we can request books any day & not have to remember to do it Saturday night through Monday morning to pick up on Friday.

It is raining again, and will be tomorrow as well. Tired of it. May and October are supposed to be our nice weather months.

• Like 6

We had the same song in camp but it was a little different. I'll change it in blue. And my kids can't remember songs they sang last week! 

Yep, some of your changes when I sung it through again made sense.  For instance, it probably was "hocked" and my 5-year old mind didn't know that word at the time so it became hogged. :lol:  In fact, I had to look up the spelling for Paderewski once, because I found out in adulthood from my mom that it was not, in fact, Patterooskie like I had assumed.

But I never heard the King Napoleon verse.  I'm going to have to learn that one. :hurray:

ETA: Never say never, right?  So qualifying to say that if I had heard it, I do not remember.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1

I feel so depressed today. Sitting here trying to decide if I have enough energy to pull myself up by my socks and fake it or if I'll just eat and cry.

:grouphug:  I'll eat and cry with you if you want company.

It's an ITT Group Therapy BOEJA!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 8

My library has changed holds from 4 days back to 8! :party:  Now we can request books any day & not have to remember to do it Saturday night through Monday morning to pick up on Friday.

It is raining again, and will be tomorrow as well. Tired of it. May and October are supposed to be our nice weather months.

:party:

I thought I was going to do yoga. But my yoga DVD has disappeared. Oh well. Guess I'll have to drink coffee and watch Netflix instead

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

YouTube!

I started some laundr and got out my lesson plans while crying. So I guess I've pulled up one sock.

I'm so sorry, babe. What's going on?
  • Like 2

Truth telling time. I don't like picking blueberries. I like eating them, just like I enjoy eating fresh peaches. But frankly, I don't want to spend hours picking, processing, freezing or dealing with produce. I just don't. I'm lazy.

I want to get my blueberries, eat them fresh, and be done with it. 

Sometimes I go through a phase where I think I'd like to be more aggressive about putting stuff up for winter, but I think down deep, I'm less an ant than I am a grasshopper.

• Like 6

Truth telling time. I don't like picking blueberries. I like eating them, just like I enjoy eating fresh peaches. But frankly, I don't want to spend hours picking, processing, freezing or dealing with produce. I just don't. I'm lazy.

Sometimes I go through a phase where I think I'd like to be more aggressive about putting stuff up for winter, but I think down deep, I'm less an ant than I am a grasshopper.

You've got it all wrong!  We're not lazy.  We are supporting our local grocers.

• Like 4

Doctor wants to test Dd for mono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:confused1:   Does she have fever and swollen glands?  Chronic mono is a thing, but I think the symptoms persist, including fever and swollen glands.  (This question brought to you by Dr. JJM who is not a doctor and should not pretend to be one on the internet.)

• Like 1

Our grocers don't buy local though. To be a good citizen I have to go pick local produce. :glare:

Local farmers markets? 

We've got tons of farmers markets around here, and a lot of grocers who buy local.  But I prefer the NJ blueberries. :hat:

• Like 1

:confused1:   Does she have fever and swollen glands?  Chronic mono is a thing, but I think the symptoms persist, including fever and swollen glands.  (This question brought to you by Dr. JJM who is not a doctor and should not pretend to be one on the internet.)

She has no fever or swollen glands as far as I know.  But she has dizziness and fatigue and shortness of breath.  Now that cardiac problems that been ruled out (the benign issues she has shouldn't cause the symptoms), we are looking elsewhere.  We have a referral in for a pulmonologist but ruling out mono (or catching it if it turns out to be the problem) is easy and is a reasonable thing to check for before we go more specialized. 

• Like 4

Anyway, I have to get up the gumption to go be a good mom and pick fruit. Sometimes I succeed, and sometimes I come off as lazy, and I'm getting to where I just don't care anymore. :D I'll be a total renegade at some point.

However, I am lovingly making GF pizza crust for my boys, so I'll give myself a pass for not going out to pick blueberries the moment the farm opens.

• Like 6

For what it's worth, I didn't always dislike picking fresh fruit. I don't think. I have pictures and I'm smiling in them. I'm probably just getting to where I notice the annoying things like bugs, weather, excessive sunshine and heat a lot more in my grouchy time of life.

• Like 2

She has no fever or swollen glands as far as I know.  But she has dizziness and fatigue and shortness of breath.  Now that cardiac problems that been ruled out (the benign issues she has shouldn't cause the symptoms), we are looking elsewhere.  We have a referral in for a pulmonologist but ruling out mono (or catching it if it turns out to be the problem) is easy and is a reasonable thing to check for before we go more specialized. 

Okay, that makes sense.  Please tell Events Planner's physicians that a random stranger on the internet approves of their plan to rule out mono while continuing to pursue other avenues.

I'm sure that they will find that most reassuring.

• Like 5

Me too!

• Like 1

Anyway, I have to get up the gumption to go be a good mom and pick fruit. Sometimes I succeed, and sometimes I come off as lazy, and I'm getting to where I just don't care anymore. :D I'll be a total renegade at some point.

However, I am lovingly making GF pizza crust for my boys, so I'll give myself a pass for not going out to pick blueberries the moment the farm opens.

As likely as it is that I'm a bad Mom, I am sure it's not because I don't pick fresh fruit. 😂😂😂

• Like 6

As likely as it is that I'm a bad Mom, I am sure it's not because I don't pick fresh fruit. 😂😂😂

Conversely, if all I have to do to be a good mom is to drive up to the berry farm a couple of times a year, I'm pretty happy about that. I've been trying to do a bunch of other stuff!

• Like 7

Yes!  I had Wheat Thins with peanut butter and chocolate chips.  Would you like some?  And some decaf with vanilla creamer in it.  (SO not on my diet!!)

I caved and put cream in my coffee this morning, too.  Imma gonna go find me some chocolate...

• Like 3

So, I am having a horrible morning. And everyone says, that adolescents are awful and it's a difficult time, blah, blah, blah. And I get that. But what I don't get it what I'm supposed to do about it. Stand here and just take the disrespect? Punish them? What? And they get plenty of food, sleep and exercise.

• Like 4

So, I am having a horrible morning. And everyone says, that adolescents are awful and it's a difficult time, blah, blah, blah. And I get that. But what I don't get it what I'm supposed to do about it. Stand here and just take the disrespect? Punish them? What? And they get plenty of food, sleep and exercise.

Send them to JJM.
  • Like 8

Conversely, if all I have to do to be a good mom is to drive up to the berry farm a couple of times a year, I'm pretty happy about that. I've been trying to do a bunch of other stuff!

I wish! I'd probably find it in me to go pick berries!

You are a good mom. :001_smile: I think I'm a pretty good Mom, too...most of the time, anyway. :laugh:

And everyone says, that adolescents are awful and it's a difficult time, blah, blah, blah. And I get that. But what I don't get it what I'm supposed to do about it. Stand here and just take the disrespect? Punish them? What? And they get plenty of food, sleep and exercise. 

:grouphug: I'm not sure. Mine have been a little crispy today. I retreated and am hiding in my cave, leaving them to hate on the books for a while. I try not to take it personally, but sometimes it's tough.

• Like 5

Punish them ? - maybe. Sometimes I think they just need some time alone. Sometimes they need help learning to treat me with honor. Maybe losing a privilege (screens). Maybe doing chores.

• Like 4

Punish them ? - maybe. Sometimes I think they just need some time alone. Sometimes they need help learning to treat me with honor. Maybe losing a privilege (screens). Maybe doing chores.

Well, he has lost all screen time for today. Still hasn't lost the sassy mouth.

Ok- processing the pediatrician visit. I've known this ped. for 18 years now. He's like family. Annoying at times but we like him and are comfortable being honest.

So he ran a boatload of blood work. We discussed the possibility of mono (we should know either today or tomorrow), anemia, thyroid problems, general CBC and even the beginnings (God forbid) of fibro. He brought up psych issues and I had to get a bit firm with him that no, Dd wasn't coerced into homeschooling and had a choice and lots of friends. He perked up when we talked about all her volunteer work at the Y.

So depending on bloodwork, the next step is pulmonology and then rheumatology. He also signed paperwork for me so that we can get a refund for an upcoming marathon that Dd is in no shape to run. I'm annoyed at how hard it is to get a refund for the race but at least the forms are filled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

(Grumpy post warning)

Last child to do testing finished day one around 1:30.  Different child has been taken to orthodontist and back home again.  I am tired and grumpy.  I have a to-do list and I don't wanna do it.  I don't even want to switch out laundry and fold it.  (I like laundry enough that folding it usually gets me back in the game.)  Basically, I don't wanna do anything.  Wah.  

• Like 4

(Educational post warning)

So, since I'm procrastinating anyway, I'll give an American spine update.  I re-read/skimmed parts of A Child's First Book of American History by Miers (the one reprinted by Beautiful Feet Books) and I've decided to go with that.  CBOUSH will fill in some of the things it leaves out.  We'll add in biographies and maybe a few Landmarks on the side and it will be great.   :laugh:

• Like 2