Menu

Ignore this thread!

Trigger warning.... Educational post ahead.

I told the kids we would be starting school 10 minutes ago.

And yet.... here I sit. The air quality is horrible. My eyes are burning and I feel like someone tarred me and rolled me in pollen.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Today's lessons may have to revolve around how to help Mom when she can't see.

• Like 1

Just got off the phone with the credit card company.  Fraudulant charges and all. You know, I really hate bad people. Why can't people just.... be nice. Don't take things that aren't theirs, be honest, earn a living with integrity? Is that too much to ask?

A FAFSA on the bad people who used your card.  I spit on them.  Ptooey.

• Like 5

Just got off the phone with the credit card company.  Fraudulant charges and all. You know, I really hate bad people. Why can't people just.... be nice. Don't take things that aren't theirs, be honest, earn a living with integrity? Is that too much to ask?

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I want the Ellen McHenry bundle, and the Unit Studies bundle, and the Mystery bundle - right?  (The unit studies one has some Christian content, but I think I can work around it.)  I don't know.  Do I really want this stuff?

No. You have a week to think about it, so just wait.

• Like 3

It's cold here- mid-60s. I'd move wherever Krissi lives in a heartbeat if it meant I'd never have to see snow again except on vacations and trips to see relatives. I need to feel warm year round. If it's under 75-80, it's too cold.

I had my ultrasound today- baby has all working parts, no problems, is still a boy, and there's definitely only one! All around a good time except for the hour in the waiting room. DH even got people to cover his meetings so he could go. 

• Like 9

I actually do want the Ellen M. one.  There are a few things in the other two I know I would use, and for $15, I don't care if I never use the other stuff. 

My hang-up is that I prefer physical books.  But I can get over that.  I think.

It's cold here- mid-60s. I'd move wherever Krissi lives in a heartbeat if it meant I'd never have to see snow again except on vacations and trips to see relatives. I need to feel warm year round. If it's under 75-80, it's too cold.

I had my ultrasound today- baby has all working parts, no problems, is still a boy, and there's definitely only one! All around a good time except for the hour in the waiting room. DH even got people to cover his meetings so he could go. 

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Hooray for a good ultrasound and for your DH for making it, too!

If you truly want weather like you described move to SE Texas.  I can personally vouch for it, and would trade willingly if it didn't drag us so far from my DH's family.  I miss the snow.

• Like 3

Please note:  I am NOT neglecting the dirty pots, pans, and knives.  I am proactively postponing washing these for safety reasons.  The side of our sink with the garbage disposal has to stay dry for 24 hours (DH installed the replacement disposer last night and the goo has to cure), and the other, deeper side of the sink is a bit too big for fishing around under soapy suds for sharp knives.  The pots, too, tend to have farther to drop from slippery hands.  I am therefore waiting until after 6 PM before cleaning any of this stuff up because I need the side of the sink that is currently quarantined in order to do the job safely.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

• Like 2

I actually do want the Ellen M. one.  There are a few things in the other two I know I would use, and for $15, I don't care if I never use the other stuff. 

My hang-up is that I prefer physical books.  But I can get over that.  I think.

The only one I can't live without is Mapping The World With Art so I think I'll just wait and hope it comes back before I need it. Do you have a coupon?

Hooray for a good ultrasound and for your DH for making it, too!

If you truly want weather like you described move to SE Texas.  I can personally vouch for it, and would trade willingly if it didn't drag us so far from my DH's family.  I miss the snow.

Alas, my family is perverse. They like it cold and dreary. It was a beautiful, sunny, 77 degree day with a light breeze a couple weeks ago and one of my kids grumbled, "I hate this weather."  :huh: What's wrong with them? She said it was too hot and bright. 

These kids used to be perfectly happy playing outside in the summer in Atlanta! They've gotten soft. 

• Like 2

Please note:  I am NOT neglecting the dirty pots, pans, and knives.  I am proactively postponing washing these for safety reasons.  The side of our sink with the garbage disposal has to stay dry for 24 hours (DH installed the replacement disposer last night and the goo has to cure), and the other, deeper side of the sink is a bit too big for fishing around under soapy suds for sharp knives.  The pots, too, tend to have farther to drop from slippery hands.  I am therefore waiting until after 6 PM before cleaning any of this stuff up because I need the side of the sink that is currently quarantined in order to do the job safely.

I'd say 48 hours. And only young hands with youthful grip should wash said pots and pans. Safety first!

• Like 3

Yay for a good  ultrasound. Yay for working parts and no extras.

I'l trade you houses. It's supposed to 101 degrees today. And it's only the end of May! :cursing:

• Like 1

Yay for a good  ultrasound. Yay for working parts and no extras.

I'l trade you houses. It's supposed to 101 degrees today. And it's only the end of May! :cursing:

That sounds like great pool weather!  :)

I'd love to trade. I think how did I go wrong in life so that I don't live on the (hot) beach and don't have a bunny?  :confused:

• Like 1

Rubbing it in, are we??😜😜😜

I keep telling DH we need to move where you guys are.... and he keeps on and on about job opportunities and silly things like that.

crying.gif

Actually, that was sincere.  The air quality (or lack thereof) was one of the main factors motivating us to leave.  Asthma rates in children are through the roof; it's horrendous.

Tell your DH he needs to be a firefighter.  They can afford to have their families live here and just fly back to Cali for their shifts.  (Not kidding.)

• Like 2

I'd say 48 hours. And only young hands with youthful grip should wash said pots and pans. Safety first!

I won't go 48 hours because I want my kitchen back, and this way I might coerce DH into taking DD12 to Aikido this evening.

On another front:  My cat came down and started yowling to be let out.  I told her earlier she had to stay in until she provided a stool sample in the litter box.  I went to check -- one fresh sample! -- so I congratulated her and let her out.  She even got to go out the FRONT door (a rare treat).

• Like 7

I want the Ellen McHenry bundle, and the Unit Studies bundle, and the Mystery bundle - right?  (The unit studies one has some Christian content, but I think I can work around it.)  I don't know.  Do I really want this stuff?

Tell us what's in the Mystery Bundle!

• Like 2

Consider yourselves all liked! 

One of my RA meds has gone into production shortage again, so I've spent the day trying to track it down at any pharmacy as they aren't expecting it to be available until fall.  Fall, people.  I might as well go cane shopping while I'm at it. 

:grouphug:

Someone listed it on the Chat board: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/645430-build-your-own-bundle-sale-2017/page-2

I had to type that out. Why won't CTRL+C/CTRL+V work here anymore? Is it just me?

"Also, know that they usually throw some extra discount in for the last day or two of the sale. It actually pays to hold off, if I remember correctly." -RootAnn

• Like 1

One of my RA meds has gone into production shortage again, so I've spent the day trying to track it down at any pharmacy as they aren't expecting it to be available until fall.  Fall, people.  I might as well go cane shopping while I'm at it. 

That stinks, prairie.  :grouphug:

crying.gif

Actually, that was sincere.  The air quality (or lack thereof) was one of the main factors motivating us to leave.  Asthma rates in children are through the roof; it's horrendous.

Tell your DH he needs to be a firefighter.  They can afford to have their families live here and just fly back to Cali for their shifts.  (Not kidding.)

ahhh, that would be nice. Alas, DH is a mechanical engineer whose experience and expertise is in manufacturing and construction.  

We just finished the nursing intake portion and a new ekg. Waiting for the doctor now.

All right. Well, we can wait!!

this is not what we like to hear!! Get out the bazookas, JJM!!  

On another front:  My cat came down and started yowling to be let out.  I told her earlier she had to stay in until she provided a stool sample in the litter box.  I went to check -- one fresh sample! -- so I congratulated her and let her out.  She even got to go out the FRONT door (a rare treat).

wow!! You are amazing. My cat would have just given me a dirty look and scratched my ankle!!
  • Like 2

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart issues are both benign and don't appear to be the cause of her symptoms. He advised that we go to a pulmonologist next. He explained things thoroughly and took a lot of time with us. And he got my sense of humor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 16

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart issues are both benign and don't appear to be the cause of her symptoms. He advised that we go to a pulmonologist next. He explained things thoroughly and took a lot of time with us. And he got my sense of humor.

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:   I'm so thankful!!!   :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 3

Educational Post Warning:

Slache - did you see the post about a group like CC, but different?  4 year cycle.  Includes hymns.  Also, I like the Bible memory work on the sample I saw (I just looked at cycle 4 out of curiosity).  

I only have items I've participated in in my "New Content" section. I'll see it next time I check everything.

:(  I hope that you're able to find it soon.

I just started taking Enbrel last week and it seems to be helping.  I'm also taking sulfasalazine, although I can't tell if it's doing anything.

• Like 2

"Also, know that they usually throw some extra discount in for the last day or two of the sale. It actually pays to hold off, if I remember correctly." -RootAnn

But I'll forget, and end up with nothing! :willy_nilly:

• Like 2

Quit trying to spend my money! I recently purchased Living Memory. It is the best memory resource I have ever seen. I'm not sure I'll ever need anything else.

But I'll forget, and end up with nothing! :willy_nilly:

You can sign up for the email. She's not annoying at all. No emails all year except for one like a month before the sale, one like 3 days before the sale, and one the last day.

Hooray!  By any chance does he have a twin who is a pulmonologist?  

• Like 4

:party:  for a rock star doctor!

Why does rainy weather make me feel like I can't do housework? The power has not gone out.

It's the pressure changes -- they mess with our heads.

• Like 1