Menu

Ignore this thread!

Slache, here's where we talked about BYOB two years ago!   :smash:  :smash:  :smash:   (This flashback was brought to you by Luuknam and her likes.)

Only two days to enter the Build Your Bundle Giveaway. Has anyone done this? I didn't care for it last year, but I'm much more knowledgeable when it comes to curriculum now. It doesn't say what's in the bundles yet.  :glare:

You could come to my house and build a couple bundles out of stuff I should stop hoarding saving. 

• Like 6

Oh, and Slash is a butthead.

Mom, you really should put her in time-out.

Darling, you remember our talk about tattling?  Sometimes you need to work out your problems by yourselves.  And I'm concerned about the name calling.  You shouldn't call your sister a mean name.  That certainly won't help you work out your problems together.  I suggest you go to your room and think about what you've done.  

• Like 9

Darling, you remember our talk about tattling? Sometimes you need to work out your problems by yourselves. And I'm concerned about the name calling. You shouldn't call your sister a mean name. That certainly won't help you work out your problems together. I suggest you go to your room and think about what you've done.

Lynn, these words are triggers for me. I think I need therapy.

I had an only just so I wouldn't have to say these things.

:LOL: I'm kidding. Sort of.

• Like 6

:lol: I'm kidding. Sort of.

:laugh:    :grouphug:

My girls mentioned the scary mommy and the song, "Mother knows best" from Tangled yesterday.  So I sang a bit of it enthusiastically, and now my 8yo thinks she needs therapy too.   :laugh:

• Like 7

Could be the theme of a tragic opera.

Loving mother:  Oh, NO!  I dropped the bacon!

Chorus: Oh, NO!  She dropped the bacon!

Everyone:  Oh, Wo-oe!  Can the bacon

be sa-a-a-aved?

Boys and observers in turn:  

Quickly pick it up now let us get a look at it

Surely it isn't too bad there's just a little bit

of rocks and dirt and other stuff--

Conscientious mother:  NO!  It will make us SICK!

All together now:  Woe!  Woe!  We have no bacon!

• Like 7

I felt like wearing a cone of shame afterwards. It's been that kind of day.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   We love you anyway.  You can go buy more bacon today.  I'm sure the family has survived the night without one dose of bacon.

• Like 1

Well, maybe if you *were* paying me I might work a little harder on this. Or at least give me more vacation time or something, if HR won't let me negotiate on salary.

It's a tough job, I know.  You may have a 10% raise!

• Like 3

This is why you have too many crackers.

*sigh*  It's true.  My best laid plans of meals and snacks always seem to be shot down and torn to shreds.

*le sigh* (dramatically)

• Like 1

Just jump in! ETA: in bed, that is.

Rock a by luuknam

On the treetop...

When the wind blows,

May 22nd will be gone,

Then it will be...

May 23...

And luuknam will be happy as she sleeps.

Good night!

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 1

Darling, you remember our talk about tattling?  Sometimes you need to work out your problems by yourselves.  And I'm concerned about the name calling.  You shouldn't call your sister a mean name.  That certainly won't help you work out your problems together.  I suggest you go to your room and think about what you've done.  

I'm tempted to chime in with a sibling-outside-of-the-original-event "Yeah!  Go to your room!", Escept I've learned that Mom will turn on me next if I do....

*shuts up and scurries away*   :leaving:

• Like 4

eager-smiley-emoticon.gif  Really?  That's okay?  Oh, BOY!!!  **scurries off...

Oh, Slashiepoo....Where are you?  policeman-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

:lol: I'm kidding. Sort of.

It does make it a bit easier to figure out who's responsible, doesn't it?  :laugh:

My girls mentioned the scary mommy and the song, "Mother knows best" from Tangled yesterday.  So I sang a bit of it enthusiastically, and now my 8yo thinks she needs therapy too.   :laugh:

Just when I think you should be played by Meg Ryan in the movie you go all Glenn Close on us.  got-a-problem-smiley-emoticon.png

I will be out of likes very soon! That's what I get for waking up on time!

Did someone here mention pulling a molar instead of a wisdom tooth? Or did I dream that one?

Word!

• Like 5

I just googled it.  I'm going to have to learn that song!

• Like 1

I will be out of likes very soon! That's what I get for waking up on time!

Did someone here mention pulling a molar instead of a wisdom tooth? Or did I dream that one?

I had a tooth come in with not enough room. Instead of taking the new one we took the one next to it that needed a crown.  

Coffee.

:iagree:
  • Like 1

Caffeine.

My protagonist is quite sure I mean to kill him in the end. Good thing he's not scared.

I have school today and I don't wanna.

I have to keep the cat inside in hopes she will be forced to leave her vet-requested stool sample in the litter box.  She is MIFFED.

• Like 2

Loving mother:  Oh, NO!  I dropped the bacon!

Chorus: Oh, NO!  She dropped the bacon!

Everyone:  Oh, Wo-oe!  Can the bacon

be sa-a-a-aved?

Boys and observers in turn:  

Quickly pick it up now let us get a look at it

Surely it isn't too bad there's just a little bit

of rocks and dirt and other stuff--

Conscientious mother:  NO!  It will make us SICK!

All together now:  Woe!  Woe!  We have no bacon!

I showed this to my girls and performed it for them.  DD15 is giggling like crazy, and DD12 is closing her eyes and sighing in that "what will I ever do about you" way.   :D

• Like 4

It does make it a bit easier to figure out who's responsible, doesn't it?  :laugh:

Just when I think you should be played by Meg Ryan in the movie you go all Glenn Close on us.  got-a-problem-smiley-emoticon.png

Word!

:laugh:

.... and then she yelled, "And clean your room while you're in there!"

(and then makes note to self - research character curriculum to use with JJM next school year......)

• Like 7

Word!

Or maybe this....

JJM, if you cannot treat Slache with honor you will need help learning how to do this.  You can start doing her chores for the coming week.  

• Like 4

:laugh:

.... and then she yelled, "And clean your room while you're in there!"

(and then makes note to self - research character curriculum to use with JJM next school year......)

The biggest challenge yet of Mom's illustrious homeschooling career...

rolling.gif

Or maybe this....

JJM, if you cannot treat Slache with honor you will need help learning how to do this.  You can start doing her chores for the coming week.  

no-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'll be good, Mom!  Promise!

(***Shhhh...don't anyone tell Mom...my-fingers-are-crossed-smiley-emoticon.g)

• Like 3

(Educational post warning)

So, I ran across a reference to an American History book by Charlotte Yonge.  It's from the late 1800s, free on google books or archived books or something.  I've read the first couple chapters.  I *sorta* like it, and sorta not sure yet.  It credits Columbus on trying to protect the natives from his men, but tells (not details of course) how bad the white men were to the natives and that they were worse off afterwards.  So, it does not white wash as much as some books from the era.  I like that it's story-ish, but not in a syrupy-written-to children way.  I also like the amount of detail it gives with peoples names that makes it feel a little more researched than some history books for children.  I have not skipped ahead to chapters dealing with slavery to see how it's dealt with.  If anyone is bored and wants to read a bit, let me know what you think.  

link:  https://archive.org/stream/auntcharlottes00yongiala#page/n59/mode/2up

• Like 1

That's a pie crust promise - easily made, easily broken.

Never heard that one before, but I like it!!!! 

Good morning. I exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. Descartes' first attempt. Then, he drank some COFFEE and came up with his more widely known aphorism, "cogito ergo sum".   

Jean, hoping the dr. appt today goes well and the doc has a good understanding of her symptoms and where to go from here.

yes, my sentiments exactly!!
  • Like 6

So, I ran across a reference to an American History book by Charlotte Yonge. It's from the late 1800s, free on google books or archived books or something. I've read the first couple chapters. I *sorta* like it, and sorta not sure yet. It credits Columbus on trying to protect the natives from his men, but tells (not details of course) how bad the white men were to the natives and that they were worse off afterwards. So, it does not white wash as much as some books from the era. I like that it's story-ish, but not in a syrupy-written-to children way. I also like the amount of detail it gives with peoples names that makes it feel a little more researched than some history books for children. I have not skipped ahead to chapters dealing with slavery to see how it's dealt with. If anyone is bored and wants to read a bit, let me know what you think.

link: https://archive.org/stream/auntcharlottes00yongiala#page/n59/mode/2up

Ok, that book is awesome. I only was able to read the first couple of pages, but that Balboa dude, he just cracked me up. Jumping out of the keg and taking over. "Enciso was not at all pleased with the mode in which this volunteer showed himself..." Although, I may not be one to be trusted because there are a lot of books I have noticed around the board that have offended many and I happen to enjoy. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

So, I ran across a reference to an American History book by Charlotte Yonge.  It's from the late 1800s, free on google books or archived books or something.  I've read the first couple chapters.  I *sorta* like it, and sorta not sure yet.  It credits Columbus on trying to protect the natives from his men, but tells (not details of course) how bad the white men were to the natives and that they were worse off afterwards.  So, it does not white wash as much as some books from the era.  I like that it's story-ish, but not in a syrupy-written-to children way.  I also like the amount of detail it gives with peoples names that makes it feel a little more researched than some history books for children.  I have not skipped ahead to chapters dealing with slavery to see how it's dealt with.  If anyone is bored and wants to read a bit, let me know what you think.  

link:  https://archive.org/stream/auntcharlottes00yongiala#page/n59/mode/2up

I looked at a few pages.  I think that the language would drive me crazy.  I might like it as an audiobook, though.

• Like 1

Trigger warning.... Educational post ahead.

I told the kids we would be starting school 10 minutes ago.

And yet.... here I sit. The air quality is horrible. My eyes are burning and I feel like someone tarred me and rolled me in pollen.

• Like 1

Trigger warning.... Educational post ahead.

I told the kids we would be starting school 10 minutes ago.

And yet.... here I sit. The air quality is horrible. My eyes are burning and I feel like someone tarred me and rolled me in pollen.

So glad we escaped that.  :grouphug:

• Like 2

If anyone is bored and wants to read a bit, let me know what you think.  

I'll get right on that, after I finish this little thread I'm busy reading.

So glad we escaped that.  :grouphug:

Totally agree. I just saw an eye doc last week and he put me on anti-inflammatory drops 4x/day, and tear-inducing* drops 2x/day, and wants me to put hydrocortisone around my eyes 3x/day, so I can totally do without tar and pollen.

*Drops that are supposed to, over time, stimulate my eyes to start producing more tears, or something.

• Like 4

Yep. Maybe the bedtime scene when the children ask her to promise to stay?

I love Mary Poppins. Both the movie (I've always had a secret crush on Dick Van Dyke) and the book. And the Mary Poppins in the book is nothing like the Mary Poppins in the movie, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Just got off the phone with the credit card company.  Fraudulant charges and all. You know, I really hate bad people. Why can't people just.... be nice. Don't take things that aren't theirs, be honest, earn a living with integrity? Is that too much to ask?

• Like 3

I want the Ellen McHenry bundle, and the Unit Studies bundle, and the Mystery bundle - right?  (The unit studies one has some Christian content, but I think I can work around it.)  I don't know.  Do I really want this stuff?