Menu

Ignore this thread!

I is all ketchupped.

Just in time to call everyone for black bean soup!  With blue chips cracked on top! And dollops of sour cream!  Oh my!

Forget hash!  It's Ducky's house for dinner!!!!   :drool5:

• Like 2

Thank you for the warning.  I *almost* got one a few weeks ago.  Now I know not to get one at all unless I want another habit in my life.   :)

In all fairness, I'm a reformed caffeine addict, and we're in the middle of a move (movers will be here tomorrow at 9:30am), so, this is an easy time to fall off the bandwagon (I mean, I sort of did already, obviously, but I've found I can have caffeine once in a while without suffering terrible withdrawals, but if I were to have another one today, I'd be suffering from mega headaches for 1-2 days from withdrawal).

• Like 1

#youmissedthepoint

#nohashtagsforslachebecausewithhertyposhersareimpossibletofigureoutfortherestofusmortals

#broughttoyoubypage150

#nowonpage151

Ah, when the hashtag fun really ramped up!!!!

Thank you for the warning.  I *almost* got one a few weeks ago.  Now I know not to get one at all unless I want another habit in my life.   :)

When I was in college I got hooked on this new drink the student center started serving -- chai.  Heavenly when hot in the wintertime, and so luscious cold over ice in the summer!

I have worked long and hard to train myself to like unsweetened chai.  I buy the teabags (heretic!), brew my own cup, add almond milk, and if I wanted it hot I reheat it in the microwave.  I tried boiling my own once for several minutes on the stove.  While it was the best yet it also was too much work for the momentary treat when I alone will drink the stuff in this house.  I'll save doing that for special occasions.

Starbuck's chai is a pale comparison to Indian restaurant chai, yet still it sings its siren song sometimes.  I have been steering away from Starbucks locations entirely to avoid such temptation.  

What should I take to read at the beach?  I was going to take stuff I need to read for next school year, but I've nixed that.  I wish I had thought of this last week - I could have gotten something from the library or Amazon. 

Off to browse my shelves....

I have a Winston Churchill biography here I've never read.  And a biography of Bess Truman..... 

And I never finished reading Birth of Britain (by Churchill).....

Oh, stop. Why do you want to THINK at the beach? You've been THINKING all year. Put your frontal lobe to rest already.

• Like 6

Forget hash!  It's Ducky's house for dinner!!!!   :drool5:

You have plenty of time to get here.

Dh decided to throw together a fruit salad to go with it, which is lovely, except that he's obsessive about cutting fruit and takes for.ev.ah.  

As in, cutting every eye out of the pineapple with such precision that not a milliounce of pineapple is lost. 

He's about halfway done and said it won't be much longer... about 10 more minutes, maybe.  

:blink:

• Like 5

Then you really should watch Firefly.  It's a documentary of a bunch of misfits, living in another time and space and trying to get by.  It's good.  Really.

Page 153, and I agree - if any of you *still* haven't gotten around to watching this, you should. 

• Like 4

All you really needed was the ITT thread. There is biography, mystery, romance, education, pathos and comedy all in one thread.

And two Xenas.

My step count is down today - only about 13,600 due to our increased support of the subway system and Uber.

Lynn, have you read 84 Charing Cross Road? Short but wonderful.

You have tripled my step count.

• Like 2

After breakfast we took the subway to the American Museum of Natural History. Blue whales are very big. 🋠Everybody wants a water buffalo. And Asian elephants are naturally happy. ðŸ˜

After this we began our simple walk straight across Central Park to the Met. Because my homing pigeon sensor malfunctioned and dh insisted that it was the correct road despite not having seen a street sign, we walked the wrong way. When we finally found a path back to 5th ave. we got an Uber.

The Met is rather large. We took a "highlights" tour, which was really good and then checked out the impressionists and Ancient Egypt, and a few other things.

After dinner we walked to Rockefeller Center and now we're back and about to go down to the restaurant for milkshakes.

ðŸ¹

• Like 10

Okay, since we are back to grading self injuries:  Does the hammock dump injury compounded by hard sneezes top me breaking the same toe twice in the same way on the same day?  Or does someone else have an I-can't-believe-I-did-that-to-myself story to top both of these?

Can't top that, but when I was 3 years old I stood on a chair of which the seat was about 5 inches high, fell, and broke my left arm. And then at 4.5 or 5yo or so, I fell through the glass door between our hallway and our living room and cut that same arm (was lucky to survive that one). So, what grade do I get for that?

• Like 2

The Deadpool movie is on and I didn't realize that the Spiderman guy is actually Deadpool. Because I thought Deadpool wore a kilt. Because I have a photo from the Renaissance Festival of Deadpool. In. A Kilt.

Kilt Deadpool is way more awesome than regular Deadpool.

• Like 4

Can't top that, but when I was 3 years old I stood on a chair of which the seat was about 5 inches high, fell, and broke my left arm. And then at 4.5 or 5yo or so, I fell through the glass door between our hallway and our living room and cut that same arm (was lucky to survive that one). So, what grade do I get for that?

8 out of 10!

• Like 1

Ok. Chiropractor just used the laser of imminent demise on my knee. Then he tried to pummel it into submission. It surprisingly feels a bit better.

Um, good, I think!  Yay?   :hurray:  :confused1:

I have calculated that the afghan I might make out of many dishcloth squares I'm crocheting will take a good 80 hours of work.  If I persist in this I might get it done by Christmas, so it might become a present for someone.

Bedtime now!  Nighty-night, all!

Boo-yah goodni-i-ight

Boo-ya goodnight

Goodnight booyah

Goodnght booya,

I'll see you in my dreams

(I forgot the Dutch spelling)

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 4