Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm up. Caffeine. I'm probably going to go down to the river today for a while. I need water music.

By the time the demolition crew gets really on my nerves the girls and I will head out to get birthday goodies to take to our last spring Park Day today.  Then it's on to Grandma's and Grandpa's by way of the art teacher's house to pick up the ceramic piece the girls made for Grandma.  Lots of family visiting (staying at Grandma's & Grandpa's) for the weekend, so we won't be around much to get annoyed at the noise of the work crew.  I get to visit with others in a park today (wind in the trees music, and children gleefully battling with Nerf guns), maybe swim in a pool (or do lifeguard duty while kids swim) and listen to more tree music, and tomorrow I get to greet the dawn picking blueberries.

It's not sitting on a lake, but it will do.   :laugh:

• Like 5

No. I still have 1755 pages of ITT to read.

It's good to have a plan.

Morning! I probably won't have internet until June or something (well, other than on my phone with my data plan, but I'm probably not posting anything to the forums for a few days).

Oh, no!  The plan has been foiled!  Don't die, luuknaam!  :svengo:

• Like 5

mellow.gif

This may turn out to be a...dramatic sort of day.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

:smash:  :eek:  :biggrinjester:  :ack2:  :angelsad2:  :Angel_anim:  :P  :boxing_smiley:

Drama enough?

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

No train whistles at 4:00am, but there were several cat fights outside my window. 😡ðŸ±ðŸ±ðŸ˜¡ðŸ˜¡

I can see by our page numbers we have entered the Roaring 20's. The Charleston, anyone??

• Like 4

Good Morning! 

Coffee has been had and kids have morning chores done (though not breakfast, yet, for me.  I may not bother at this point).  

Milk to get today, and paper from ac moore, and swim clinic forms to drop off, and lots of planning and prep.  Kids have chore charts that work beautifully for all their school and housework duties, so I decided to try to make one for myself too.  Hopefully it will keep me on track with a loop schedule.  I might make one for dh, too.  (mwahahahahaha!)  

• Like 4

Good Morning! 

Coffee has been had and kids have morning chores done (though not breakfast, yet, for me.  I may not bother at this point).  

Milk to get today, and paper from ac moore, and swim clinic forms to drop off, and lots of planning and prep.  Kids have chore charts that work beautifully for all their school and housework duties, so I decided to try to make one for myself too.  Hopefully it will keep me on track with a loop schedule.  I might make one for dh, too.  (mwahahahahaha!)  

Share your chore chart.

• Like 4

Double post!!

Move along!!

Nothing to see here!!

What if we don't want to move along?  What if we want to dedicate a whole thread to NOT moving along and NOT ignoring you?  Huh?  What are you going to do then?

:laugh:

• Like 6

What if we don't want to move along? What if we want to dedicate a whole thread to NOT moving along and NOT ignoring you? Huh? What are you going to do then?

:laugh:

Uh....

Uh....

Wracking my brains for a quick and witty comeback....

Uh....

COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

• Like 4

My heart is pumping after a particularly idiot driver was tailgating me this morning then decided to pass me aggressively where there wasn't room to pass safely. She did it but came super close to sideswiping me. Stupid driver. I hope she gets pulled over or gets a flat or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I hate that, Jean! Some idiot did that to me yesterday, and then to the driver in front of me, on a winding back road where there are often deer crossing. Sooooo many things could have gone wrong. To top it off, we both caught up with him at the road crossing because he couldn't turn left due to the amount of traffic when he got to the stop sign. He gained nothing but could have lost everything. Stupid.

I'm glad the driver today didn't hit you.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 3

My cat's bloodwork results are back.  She has mild kidney disease, and is showing signs of being very creaky.  The vet wants to do various tests and take x-rays and the budget just can't stretch that far right now, so all of that is on hold (though I did ask them to order in the renal diet catfood).  She's 10 years old, and the only surviving member of her litter.  I knew something like this would come someday, and now here it is.  I don't know how much longer she has, and again I'm going to be the one to make the call when to end it, just like with our guinea pig.  

I have so much to do today out and about, and no heart for it right now.

:crying:

• Like 2

(((AMJ)))

Is there a way to block calls on a landline? The scammers are thick and heavy today. I do have caller i.d. but with spoofing, you can't always tell that it is a scammer that is calling.

Depending on your reason for having one I would just unplug it.

My heart is pumping after a particularly idiot driver was tailgating me this morning then decided to pass me aggressively where there wasn't room to pass safely. She did it but came super close to sideswiping me. Stupid driver. I hope she gets pulled over or gets a flat or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

A FAFSA on her!  And an IRS audit!

I'm glad you are safe.

This booya(h) is for Jean, who has enough stuff to contend with without adding nitwits into the mix!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 5

I got 10,000 steps in before noon. I am willing to donate any further steppage to worthy causes.

Jean, it's possible that lady was formerly an Uber driver in Manhattan.

Central Park is an amazing place - especially the trails north of Bow Bridge. Didn't even get lost! An elderly gentleman with binoculars stopped and gave us a rundown on the famous people who live in the apartments visible from the trail. 😠Most of them will sell for roughly $6000/sq. ft. The zoo is small but nice and well-kept and we had a picnic lunch there of dates w/cream cheese, crackers, hummus, and cherries.

More coffee!

• Like 8

I got 10,000 steps in before noon. I am willing to donate any further steppage to worthy causes.

Central Park is an amazing place - especially the trails north of Bow Bridge. Didn't even get lost! An elderly gentleman with binoculars stopped and gave us a rundown on the famous people who live in the apartments visible from the trail. 😠Most of them will sell for roughly $6000/sq. ft. The zoo is small but nice and well-kept and we had a picnic lunch there of dates w/cream cheese, crackers, hummus, and cherries.

More coffee!

I'm out of likes but I like this. 

The lady had a handicapped placard hanging from her rearview mirror.  I had the uncharitable thought that she was probably one of those entitled people who isn't really handicapped but just uses it to get a better parking place. 

• Like 4

More coffee!

Heavy sigh!!💕💕💕 I am having a wonderful vacation in New York. Vicariously!! Through Susan!!
  • Like 7

Jeannie, I had a guy do something similar to me years ago. I wasn't on the freeway, he was driving like a bat out of somewhere and he cut me off, but as he drove around a curve, I thought to myself, there is usually a motor cop sitting there waiting to catch speeders. I wonder if he is there today. And... he was. And the idiot driver.... got pulled over. And I smugly drove on by.

• Like 6

Our rivers are so cold here from snowpack runoff that they are warning people not to go swimming even in the hot weather we are having.  Already at least 3 local teens have drowned just in the last week.  The cold water makes it so that people can't breath or move and then they drown.  Plus, rivers around here have a lot of underwater branches etc. that can snag you and pull you under. 

• Like 2

The cold water makes it so that people can't breath or move and then they drown.  Plus, rivers around here have a lot of underwater branches etc. that can snag you and pull you under. 

Rivers are warmer here, but it's still quite cold, and yes--it's hard to breathe when it's cold.

• Like 1

:seeya:   Hello, all! I'm busy letting my children play Wii all day while I read books and eat dark chocolate. It's been an awesome week on that front (in between cleaning, laundry, and catching up on real life).   Our summer schedule starts in June, so I'll be back more in another week but for now, I'm digging bits of granola out of our computer and vacuuming a bazillion eraser flakes out of the crevices of our schoolroom.

I refuse to go in the local rivers. Leeches, brain eating amoebas, and alligators and all that.

• Like 8