Menu

Ignore this thread!

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart issues are both benign and don't appear to be the cause of her symptoms. He advised that we go to a pulmonologist next. He explained things thoroughly and took a lot of time with us. And he got my sense of humor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news!  Hopefully he is referring to a talkative pulmonologist who will have answers.

• Like 2

I officially completed kindergarten today!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Congratulations!  Now you are a rising first-grader!   :hurray:  :hurray:

:D

• Like 4

So, we signed the lease (spent way too much time reading legal paperwork), and then we went to the house and made sure everything worked and got the keys and stuff, and then we measured anything everything and debated who would go in which bedroom and which way the couch should face etc (hint: heater vents in the walls and having a king size bed with a frame that sticks out even more because wife made it herself with triangular-ish legs means bed doesn't nicely fit anywhere, so will just go in the middle of one of the bedrooms). But anyway, looks like we've got ourselves a roof over our heads. 

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 12

So, we signed the lease (spent way too much time reading legal paperwork), and then we went to the house and made sure everything worked and got the keys and stuff, and then we measured anything everything and debated who would go in which bedroom and which way the couch should face etc (hint: heater vents in the walls and having a king size bed with a frame that sticks out even more because wife made it herself with triangular-ish legs means bed doesn't nicely fit anywhere, so will just go in the middle of one of the bedrooms). But anyway, looks like we've got ourselves a roof over our heads. 

Being not-homeless is good! Congrats!

• Like 4

I don't know how to complete kindergarten. I hadn't thought about it. I was just going to add SOTW and call it 1st grade. Lana, what did you do?

I just found a good stopping point in all of our things and declared the school year complete. Most of it will continue in first grade. I'm adding in BFSU and starting BYL 1. 

But I don't have to think about that right now because I'm on summer break. 

• Like 6

I need to move a place where the barometer never changes.  Either that or someone needs to find a cure for Rheumatoid Arthritis.

:(

I agree. I think my DD w/CP would feel so much better with a constant temp and air pressure. The pain is real! Hope you feel better soon.  :grouphug:

• Like 2

I need to move a place where the barometer never changes.  Either that or someone needs to find a cure for Rheumatoid Arthritis.

:(

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I don't know how to complete kindergarten. I hadn't thought about it. I was just going to add SOTW and call it 1st grade. Lana, what did you do?

we just finished the curriculum. Well, it's technically first grade curriculum from CLE, but we call her a kindergartner so she can remain with her cohort as she goes through Sunday School and Awana and will likely be with these kids in Christian High School. Anyhow, she just finished the Light Units and that was it. We still have a few more lessons in spelling.
  • Like 3

Susan, I'm afraid this is going to require further explanation. What is bubble tea? And where is the flatiron building?? And why would you be eating lunch there??

Isn't the Flatiron building in New York?  Susan, are you there as well?

Jean wins! Her prize is an awesome cardiologist!

Dh had to have meetings in NYC, so dd18 and I tagged along as a graduation present. The company he works for has access to free and super cheap tickets to stuff here so we get to do all the things. Not all, but several.

Bubble tea is tea with these sweet-tart tapioca balls. You drink it through a super thick straw and then chew the tapioca things. It's quirky but yummy.

I hate doing this on my phone. Might have to get ahold of dh's laptop.

• Like 8

So SIL texts us that MIL has been misplaced. FIL told her that she was no longer in the skilled nursing unit and did we know where she was now placed? All of us here rolled our eyes and Dh asked her if FIL might not be confused. Moral: don't take the word of someone with Alzheimer's.

MIL is right where she is supposed to be.

• Like 7

Laptop is not going to work. 😑

So dh took us into the building to introduce us to some people and show us the view from the rooftop lounge. If you can imagine a frumpy comfort-sneaker-wearing middle-aged mom in the most cool-infused office you've ever seen, then you have a pretty good picture of my afternoon. 😠Very nice people, really.

We went to the 102nd floor observatory in the Empire State Building. NY is an amazing city. Once we figure out which train to get on, I like taking the subway. Many pleasant and unpleasant smells wander the streets.

I'm exhausted and hope I don't keep waking myself up drooling. :ack2:

• Like 5

Page 128:

I had my first baby at the end of July.  I was due in August.  Bad idea.  Then I had two October babies.  Went through the summer in Texas pg.  Bad idea.  

I had a baby in August in Texas (where the high is 100+ for at least 3 straight months every summer), AND I spent the entire month of the June immediately preceding that living in the un-airconditioned attic of our fixer-upper (the downstairs didn't come with a floor). I'll agree that was a bad idea. Sometimes I wonder if I overheated the poor baby. 

• Like 2

I should write a book.

Rachel's Earth Friendly Parenting: Where Eco-Terrorism Meets Common Sense, by someone who isn't a hippy, but dresses like one.

So, since it's been almost 2 years, I'd like to know, how do I order this book?

I'm pre-ordering it today.

Though that name in the title is freakin' me out.  You are SLASH, or maybe SLACHE.  Who the h-e-double-hockey-sticks is Rachel?   :confused1:  :D

Thank you.

Duh.

I see Mrs. Mallard and JoJosMom haven't read the entire thread. Or at least failed their quiz. She explained the Rachel-Rache-Slache thing many, many pages ago (which is also why Slache is mispronounced - I vote that we solve this by pronouncing it Slash, and then changing the pronunciation of Rachel to be like Rash-el).

ETA: brought to you by page 129.

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 6

So, since it's been almost 2 years, I'd like to know, how do I order this book?

I see Mrs. Mallard and JoJosMom haven't read the entire thread. Or at least failed their quiz. She explained the Rachel-Rache-Slache thing many, many pages ago (which is also why Slache is mispronounced - I vote that we solve this by pronouncing it Slash, and then changing the pronunciation of Rachel to be like Rash-el).

How would you pronounce it?

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart issues are both benign and don't appear to be the cause of her symptoms. He advised that we go to a pulmonologist next. He explained things thoroughly and took a lot of time with us. And he got my sense of humor.

:hurray:

This makes me so happy to hear.

I shall now sleep in peace (for 2.25 hours until my next scheduled hot flash).

• Like 4

I officially completed kindergarten today!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how to figure out when kindergarten is finished here. However, I have officially started planning for first grade today! In my head. I have topics I want to cover, anyway. Maybe I'll declare kindergarten done tomorrow, and start summer school on Monday, bwahahahahaha!

• Like 8

Question:  Have we run off everyone in the thread who is not a smart a$$?  (Because if you use dollar signs, it doesn't count as a curse.)

I have a t-shirt from Smartass University (and back when I was in college, I had a t-shirt from STFU). (ETA: that was page 131 or 132 - not sure, I'm on 133 now).

How would you pronounce it?

You didn't answer my question about how to order the book you spent almost 2 years writing. Also, how would I pronounce what? Rachel? Or Slache?

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 2

This is why I insist on spelling it that way. :D

• Like 3

I have a t-shirt from Smartass University (and back when I was in college, I had a t-shirt from STFU). (ETA: that was page 131 or 132 - not sure, I'm on 133 now).

You didn't answer my question about how to order the book you spent almost 2 years writing. Also, how would I pronounce what? Rachel? Or Slache?

It's not finished.

Slache.

Share your favorite childhood songs, like back on page 134:

When ds was little, one of his favorite songs was "Pop goes the Measle".  

It's not finished.
Slache.

Well then, hurry up and finish it. I dither about how to pronounce Slache, since you said it's supposed to be like Rachel-Rache-Slache (so, kind of like Slage?), but Slash makes so much more sense. So, basically, whatever I feel like. 

• Like 2

This evening I took Gymnast to a theater audition for Bible Alive Theater. She had to sing a song; she sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." I was sitting in a chair in the front of a very small room and she stood beside me and did the sign language with me while she sang. She gets soooo anxious trying to anticipate what is going to happen, then does fine once she gets started. She ran upstairs to her sister when done and said, "That was SO embarrassing!" :lol:  They give all kids some part, even if not a speaking part, lol.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 8

Page 135 and 136 brought to you by AMJ trying to catch up after missing 20-odd pages:

But I married someone not my husband.  DH wasn't my husband until we got married.  It took most of the ceremony for him to become my husband.

And DH married me, and I was not and still am not his husband.

That can still be fixed. 

zucchini (calabaza)

Huh. TIL that kalebas refers to a whole bunch of different things related to pumpkins, AND that zucchinis are related to pumpkins. I always thought kalebas was a kind of oddly shaped pumpkin.

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalebas

• Like 4

Page 135 and 136 brought to you by AMJ trying to catch up after missing 20-odd pages:

That can still be fixed. 

Huh. TIL that kalebas refers to a whole bunch of different things related to pumpkins, AND that zucchinis are related to pumpkins. I always thought kalebas was a kind of oddly shaped pumpkin.

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalebas

I love Spanish (I realize you linked in Dutch, but it applies, kind of), but one thing that is frustrating at times is that the same word is used to describe various things. Like, calabaza. It can be the big orange squash, a zucchini, a winter squash, a summer squash, a gourd...at least in English, we have different names for these and can know what a person means when referring to one or the other.

• Like 4

Page 139, Happy June 2015 y'all, and sleep tight (which y'all already are, it seems).

Usually, Jean and I are the last ones to bed. And, I'll forget to say good night sometimes, or sometimes I'll respond to something and then just drop off to sleep, leaving the other person talking to themselves.  :leaving:

• Like 7