Menu

Ignore this thread!

I know.  I keep thinking of that, too!!   

Oooops! Worst miscommunication ever.

:leaving:

Well, your next sentence was like "DS8 has been welcomed to the family" but I just couldn't stop reading the first sentence. I probably read it 7 or 8 times.

Ds2 is soon to be Ds3. (I'm talking age here, not birth order or grade.)

It makes me very sad. 7pm-ish tonight, and I'll no longer be the mama of a two year-old. :crying: :crying: :crying:

🎈🎈🎈 Happy Birthday, Dear Ducky 3! 🎈🎈🎈

(((Ducks)))

• Like 3

Ds2 is soon to be Ds3.  (I'm talking age here, not birth order or grade.)

It makes me very sad.  7pm-ish tonight, and I'll no longer be the mama of a two year-old.  

Sad, but...

Happy 3rd Birthday!  :hurray: :party: :hurray: :party: :hurray: :party: :hurray: :party: :hurray: :party:

• Like 2

I am packed except for phone charger & cords. I cleaned out my purse. I'm guessing there's no need for me to bring 3 sets of violin strings. Or 750 grocery receipts. Or expired coupons.

Dh tried for 1 1/2 hours to get an Uber at LaGuardia and gave up after 3 cancellations. He had to cancel all his New Jersey meetings. Looks like with the construction, mile long double line of cars, and crowd of 300 people, nobody is going anywhere fast. He's now in line for a taxi.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope he gets out of there soon.  That's a lot of waiting.

• Like 1

DD12 has been signed up for a 1-week soccer camp.  I then showed her what Irish dancing is like and asked her if she would like to try a summer camp in that -- Yes!  Grandma had emailed a link.  Oh, it's the same week as the soccer camp, but earlier in the day -- think you could handle it?  Yes!  Okay, then let's see....

Drat it, the upper age limit is age 12, and she will turn 13 before then.  

Ugh, if I can get them to let her go anyway it will cost a boatload that I don't have right now, and it's pay up front.

The plan is now to check into a different dance place's summer offerings instead, which cost less and won't conflict as much.  So, 

DD12goingon13 soccer signed up -- check

DD12goingon13 summer dance -- still TBD

Both girls' art for the summer -- waiting on other things being booked so we know what we have to work around

Girls' annual physicals -- booked (the day before their next dental check-ups and DD12almost13's next orthodontist adjustment)

Cat's annual physical -- booked

My overdue mammogram -- booked (for later this week)

DD15almost16 is supposed to be researching driver's ed, nursing home volunteering, and baking classes

I still have another good 4 or 5 appointments to book, as well as the art classes and whatever DD15almost16 finds

When are we going to have any time this summer to finish math and science?   :confused1:  :confused1:

• Like 6

Did a conversation with Dancer happen to have any influence in this? lol

DD15 has suddenly declared that her back-up plan is to open a bake shop.  Her main plan is to be a traveling singer.

I personally suspect DD15 is trying to avoid researching summer filler options, like driver's ed and volunteering.  I told her she needs to research the baking classes, too.

• Like 2

My son is frustratingly curious today.

He spilt milk on the counter. Instead of wiping it with a rag or ignoring it like usual, he decides that he wants to know if the bottom of plastic cups will absorb milk. So he gets not one, not two, but eight cups and smears the milk all over them and my counter.

Does that count as science?

He also used every straw in the pack in a single cup because he "needed to see how many would fit." It was 63.

That's math, right?

Can today please be over?

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 11

My son is frustratingly curious today.

He spilt milk on the counter. Instead of wiping it with a rag or ignoring it like usual, he decides that he wants to know if the bottom of plastic cups will absorb milk. So he gets not one, not two, but eight cups and smears the milk all over them and my counter.

Does that count as science?

He also used every straw in the pack in a single cup because he "needed to see how many would fit." It was 63.

That's math, right?

Can today please be over?

Yes, yes, and yes. Today is one of those weird days where the sun is out until like 1 AM. It's actually bedtime in... now.

• Like 7

Airport Run #2 Complete!

I think we'll have breakfast for dinner - eggs and drop biscuits.

Our dinner plans might change somewhat.  DH is currently installing the replacement for our recalled garbage disposer.  I am doing no food prep until he's finished and I can clean the counters again.

• Like 1

Ugh. I was in the process of ordering curriculum when I realized the site only takes paypal. I don't want a paypal account. Blerggggggh. How much do I want this...

You don't need a PayPal account. There's a way around it I think. Lemme ask my husband. Is it a US based company?

Ugh. I was in the process of ordering curriculum when I realized the site only takes paypal. I don't want a paypal account. Blerggggggh. How much do I want this...

You don't have to have a PayPal account to use PayPal to pay for things.  There's supposed to be some way to give PayPal your credit card info when arranging payment.

• Like 1

That's weird. They just sent me an email saying they received my order and it should ship within a week. I entered no financial info. I guess I'll either be getting a bill or a follow-up email or something. 🤷â€â™€ï¸

Congratulations on your purchase? I wonfer if the email was a mistake.

That's weird. They just sent me an email saying they received my order and it should ship within a week. I entered no financial info. I guess I'll either be getting a bill or a follow-up email or something. 🤷â€â™€ï¸

Their trigger for that automated email is set a little early in the process, methinks.  Did the email contain an order confirmation number?

Yeah. 🤔

Hmm, you might want to talk to them about it at some point, then.  Or just wait and see if you get the shipping notice.  Likely someone on their end will catch it before the order actually ships....

Free curricula!

:grouphug: :grouphug: I hope he gets out of there soon. That's a lot of waiting.

He waited another hour and a half in the taxi line, but actually got a ride at that point. He shuffled some meetings and combined a couple meetings and had a coffee and cannoli and everything was much better. :D

• Like 5

I was all geared up for an epic fight on a business transaction going all the way to the AG.  Instead, the customer service was wonderful and the person provided everything I needed.  I feel cheated.  :leaving:

(Actually I'm very very relieved.) 

Activities Guide?