Menu

Ignore this thread!

If you are putting it in your ear, I would hazard a guess that brand might not matter?

I don't know. I'd imagine the essential oils crowd might have very strong opinions on all this. Not that y'all are the essential oils crowd. Or maybe some of you are. I don't know. My ear isn't so bad today anyway.

ETA: page 90!

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 1

Yes you do! Please come and eat it up before I do! And bring your baby sweetness along!

(Dd18 or I will babysit while you do whatever you want.)

I have quite a few friends in TN. I think I just might take you up on that some day soon! :D

"quite a few".....you and 4 others. I guess that's not quite a few. haha It's enough though!

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 1

What would be a good brand of garlic oil (and a store to get it at), and why didn't anybody tell me about this when I complained about my ear hurting yesterday or the day before or whenever I complained about it? (and no, I'm not in the mood to DIY garlic oil atm - I think my wife's packed up most of the kitchen stuff anyway).

I have no idea. I gave up on commercial oil and just do it myself. I think I found the bottle I have (which I can't find) at a natural grocery store. I have a membership to the local coop. Now see, you should have complained here, on ITT. We would have told you. This is where all the secrets lie.

• Like 3

I don't know. I'd imagine the essential oils crowd might have very strong opinions on all this. Not that y'all are the essential oils crowd. Or maybe some of you are. I don't know. My ear isn't so bad today anyway.

Haha! Keep reading, you'll hit the essential oils discussion - more than once.  :lol:

True. I know nothing about essential oils. I've never intentionally put oil in my ear either, so there's that.

BOOYAH!

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 4

Lunch was easy today!! There's a team from church going to Thailand on a mission trip this summer so they were doing a spaghetti lunch to raise funds. And they did it the best way possible - every thing was packed separately in a box, a bag of salad, bag of cooked noodles, Tupperware of sauce, loaf of French bread , cup of salad dressing. And we took it home and ate it. It was great. And then my mom bought a box, too, and give it to us, so I froze it to be used later.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 8

It's a victory day!! 

Assuming Riv's diagnosis is what we are thinking, John is ok with homeschooling her. I've been giving him the lowdown on all I've been reading about accommodations and remediation in public schools and he's not thrilled. It pays to have ammo when presenting your case. 

• Like 12

It's a victory day!!

Assuming Riv's diagnosis is what we are thinking, John is ok with homeschooling her. I've been giving him the lowdown on all I've been reading about accommodations and remediation in public schools and he's not thrilled. It pays to have ammo when presenting your case.

:party: YAY! How's Riv?

What would be a good brand of garlic oil (and a store to get it at), and why didn't anybody tell me about this when I complained about my ear hurting yesterday or the day before or whenever I complained about it? (and no, I'm not in the mood to DIY garlic oil atm - I think my wife's packed up most of the kitchen stuff anyway).

I will take the jar of chopped garlic that I buy from the store and take out the juice (or oil if I buy the oil one). I just mix with some coconut oil, heat it up a tiny bit, then put it in my daughter's ear. Works fine. Not major DIY...it's lazy DIY. lol 

• Like 3

It's a victory day!! 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

And glad for the victory!

Ds9 has not been tested for dyslexia, but there is a strong history of it on dh's side and with ds's clear cut signs, we've treated it as such.

Barton has been fantastic for him to this point (I just watch the dvd's and use it myself).  It's pricey but you can try to find it used if you decide to go that direction.  

• Like 2

Oh boy. Grandparents' flight has been cancelled and now they leave tomorrow. I have to get dh to the airport by 5am. Grandparents by 4pm. (Truth is, I was hoping for a bit of company-free time while I take dd10 to the doctor and shop and pack to leave town on Tuesday.)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

:party: YAY! How's Riv?

Over all? She's ok. 

She hates school. She says it's boring and it's really just because it's hard for her. She cried one night when I asked her a question about a letter. She said "I just hate answering because I never know. And when I don't know, I just know you will get mad at me....AND I CANT HANDLE THAT!" 

giphy.gif?response_id=59220dce576b57139b

Broke my heart because we never get mad at her, but she is definitely insecure about what she can/can't do. 

She knows we're going to see a doctor to talk about why ABCs are hard for her and she says "Well, I can at least sing my ABCs. THAT is easy. I'll show her how easy." lol 

I really think she is ADHD as well, so we'll see. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

And glad for the victory!

Ds9 has not been tested for dyslexia, but there is a strong history of it on dh's side and with ds's clear cut signs, we've treated it as such.

Barton has been fantastic for him to this point (I just watch the dvd's and use it myself).  It's pricey but you can try to find it used if you decide to go that direction.  

This is a perfect example of my kid right now. 

Preschool

• Has trouble recognizing whether two words rhyme
  • Struggles with taking away the beginning sound from a word
  • Struggles with learning new words
  • Has trouble recognizing letters and matching them to sounds

And, directions? Dear lord - she can not remember more than one direction at a time. 

I'll have to look into Barton. I was told AAR was good as it's O-G. 

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 2

It's a victory day!!

:hurray:

You know what I hate about planning? Preparing the danged notebooks. This is why I will never be a great WTM-er. I have allergic reactions to notebooks.

Me too. I paid a ridiculous amount of money for an Erin Condren planner because I hoped it would train me to use a planner. I used it to write everything down when I was teaching, but I didn't carry it over into SAHM life. 

I'm sure I'd be the same with a notebook. 

• Like 1

luuknam, I don't know how you're going through all of the 1900 posts. I'd want to comment on everything and have the biggest multiquote posts ever. I'd be banned from ITT. 

1. We would never ban you!
  2. We are limited in the number of posts we can include on a multi-quote, along with the number of likes in a day, the number of emoticons we can add, and we have to wait X many seconds before we can post again.  You are safe.
  • Like 4

Warning ** cardiac post **

Normal people will walk up stairs and their bp will go up at least slightly because of the exertion. We did a test this morning on Dd who feels dizzy and out of breath whenever she goes up stairs. We took her bp at the bottom of the stairs. Then we took it again after she got to the top. Her bp had plummeted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Important info.  Good thinking to check it!

• Like 1

Haha! Keep reading, you'll hit the essential oils discussion - more than once.  :lol:

There's also some discussion about hydrogen peroxide in the ear, too, for certain problems.

Oh boy. Grandparents' flight has been cancelled and now they leave tomorrow. I have to get dh to the airport by 5am. Grandparents by 4pm. (Truth is, I was hoping for a bit of company-free time while I take dd10 to the doctor and shop and pack to leave town on Tuesday.)

:grouphug:   Sounds like you will have both your car and your hands full!

• Like 1

Oh, man! Bummer.
  • Like 1

This is a perfect example of my kid right now. 

And, directions? Dear lord - she can not remember more than one direction at a time. 

I'll have to look into Barton. I was told AAR was good as it's O-G. 

Bingo.

I've never used AAR, but hear great things about it so definitely look into it.  Barton brand-new is around $250/level (!!!) so you might prefer cheaper alternatives.  (I was given all nine levels for free by a homeschooling friend who was also a Barton tutor.  Hence, the reason I chose it.  :D )  

Do you have any nearby teacher's colleges?  I just learned that the students in the grad program 3 miles from me provide O-G tutoring for free as part of their training.  At this point it's easier for me to do it at home myself, but perhaps it would be an option for you?

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 2

We had hamburgers and french fries. I now need to clean up after my planning session, administer medications to the animals on medications, and then I'm seriously considering taking a shower, putting on my toga and hanging out in the bed and writing for the rest of the day. Such as is left.

• Like 4

Jean, have you checked your dd for orthostatic hypotension? It is a type of low blood pressure that occurs when standing up after lying down. If you can check her blood pressure, that could be another symptom or not you could tell the cardiologist at your appointment.

This website has some good information: http://www.medicinenet.com/orthostatic_hypotension/article.htm

Bingo.

I've never used AAR, but hear great things about it so definitely look into it.  Barton brand-new is around $250/level (!!!) so you might prefer cheaper alternatives.  (I was given all nine levels for free by a homeschooling friend who was also a Barton tutor.  Hence, the reason I chose it.  :D )  

Do you have any nearby teacher's colleges?  I just learned that the students in the grad program 3 miles from me provide O-G tutoring for free as part of their training.  At this point it's easier for me to do it at home myself, but perhaps it would be an option for you?

We live in a tiny town. BUT, eventually we will move closer to the bigger city. So, at that point, it would probably be an option.

• Like 1

luuknam liked my pot roast carrots post from 2015. It's her fault!

We're having meatloaf tonight instead.

We're having McDonald's. The kid decided she was hungry, then came up to me and said "So, I think it's a great idea for you to go get me a burger at McDonald's. Good idea. So...you can go get it now." Then, pranced off. lol 

Sometimes, I do what she says just because of how clever she thinks she is in "tricking" us to do something. haha 

• Like 5

Jean, have you checked your dd for orthostatic hypotension? It is a type of low blood pressure that occurs when standing up after lying down. If you can check her blood pressure, that could be another symptom or not you could tell the cardiologist at your appointment.

This website has some good information: http://www.medicinenet.com/orthostatic_hypotension/article.htm

This was initially what the cardiologist thought was going on.  But she has things that don't fit. 

• Like 2

I've been productive y'all! I painted over the hideous red paint in the bathroom! It's been on my to do list since we moved in. The previous owners were terrible painters and not only were they so lazy they only put 1 coat on- and you can tell because it was blotchy- but there's red paint drips all over the baseboards and ceiling. It looks so fresh and bright now. It was so dark that I'll have to wait and see if maybe a 3rd coat is necessary and then go and hit the baseboards. 

DH is making dinner-I bet he won't make any side dishes. Is that a guy thing? My dad always made sides but DH only thinks about the meat. Tomorrow I think I'll make roast so I can have those carrots you all are talking about. 

• Like 7