Menu

Ignore this thread!

By the way.... 

My Ds9 LOVES his subscription to Highlight's Top Secret Adventures.  Best gift ever.  He's solving cases through fun puzzles and learning geography at the same time.   Each mailing comes with "tour guide" (a 30-page illustrated book) on that particular country, which he must read to solve the case.  

Well worth the $, IMO, just because of the tour guide.  He carries it around everywhere and works on it whenever he has a spare minute.  We are 10 countries in and still going strong. 

In case anyone needs a gift idea for anyone.   :coolgleamA:

• Like 6

Also, I just finished creating a playlist for all 24 weeks of Geography for CC Cycle 3. Math is done too. Go me.  

That makes 4 more subjects times 24 weeks to finish compiling.   96 songs to find.  Plus Bible/Latin.   :svengo:

A playlist?!  :D 

We'll be doing CC if we end up homeschooling. 

• Like 2

Sunday is game night after dinner, and so at bedtime I offered to read DS one of his old cuddly board books (instead of an Alice chapter,which is longish). Cowboy Bunnies. He asked me to change it so it would be violent.

I did. :leaving: They robbed a stagecoach, among other things.

He was :lol:.

Such bad bunnies!

Sounds like something Rusty and Bailey would do...

• Like 7

In tenth grade, I had in school suspension for the first (and only) time, because I said the geometry sub was a biddy. I didn't even say it meanly or to her face! She sent me to the office and said I called her a "b----." I was very honest with the principal and told him I actually said biddy. I got three days for that one.

Are you going to suspend me for three days?

• Like 1

We had hamburgers and french fries. I now need to clean up after my planning session, administer medications to the animals on medications, and then I'm seriously considering taking a shower, putting on my toga and hanging out in the bed and writing for the rest of the day. Such as is left.

Our pork with blackberry glaze was a little overcooked and tough, and the blackberry glaze didn't strike my fancy.  I guess I like my berries cold.  Next time I fruit up some pork I'll probably go back to the apricot jam glaze.

The cooked collard greens were also a little underdone, yet they went over well.  Likely I can credit the addition of bacon for that, but it's still welcome.

I forgot about DD12's braces and made corn on the cob.  I cut hers off the cob for her.

Partial win on supper tonight, despite flub-ups.

• Like 5

This was initially what the cardiologist thought was going on.  But she has things that don't fit. 

Could she possibly have that AND other stuff going on as well?

• Like 1

I've been productive y'all! I painted over the hideous red paint in the bathroom! It's been on my to do list since we moved in. The previous owners were terrible painters and not only were they so lazy they only put 1 coat on- and you can tell because it was blotchy- but there's red paint drips all over the baseboards and ceiling. It looks so fresh and bright now. It was so dark that I'll have to wait and see if maybe a 3rd coat is necessary and then go and hit the baseboards. 

DH is making dinner-I bet he won't make any side dishes. Is that a guy thing? My dad always made sides but DH only thinks about the meat. Tomorrow I think I'll make roast so I can have those carrots you all are talking about. 

Hooray!  I like lighter colors in confined spaces like bathrooms.  Good for you!

• Like 2

I have a really sarcastic snarky streak.  In fact, I'd say that it's more than a streak.  I do try to tame it but if I ever lose my inhibitions, watch out.  Snark city.  It's my inner teen.  "The Force is strong with this one. "

It's part of why we love you!

• Like 4

As long as she doesn't roam the halls in her wheel chair saying plaintively, "help! Help! Somebody help me!" Like this lady does where my dad is at.

No, she'll bang her cane on the floor yelling, "Edi-i-i-ith!  Yve-e-e-e-ette!  Will no one come help an old woma-a-a-an?" while waving her ear trumpet about.

(Can anyone get the reference?)

• Like 4

In tenth grade, I had in school suspension for the first (and only) time, because I said the geometry sub was a biddy. I didn't even say it meanly or to her face! She sent me to the office and said I called her a "b----." I was very honest with the principal and told him I actually said biddy. I got three days for that one.

You rebel, you!

• Like 2

I think that Stupid Old Dog has just peed on the last straw. I'm going to get doggie diapers. He peed on my bed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Yes, it sounds like it is time.  Poor both of you!

• Like 1

DS just learned the hard way that once again he should listen to his mom. He has a thermos he uses to take coffee to school that he doesn't clean properly. It was getting disgusting! I've told him that we clean things to make them last longer because dirt and grime are not just unsanitary, they can be destructive. Poor DS was getting ready for school tomorrow and discovered that the lid to his thermos is broken. The springs had rusted or otherwise become brittle from coffee ick sitting on it too long and there's no fixing it. You can tell by the texture and color that something had changed compared the the springs in everyone else's lids. 

DS is sad. I'm a little sympathetic to his pain, but when's he going to learn? I'm not sorry it broke. Told you so! I didn't tell him that, so I have to say it here. He's going to have to save up to buy himself a new one if he wants another so it's a double blow. 

ETA: He would just rinse it out w/water most of the time It's not like it sat with festering coffee forever. He's not that bad. 

Edited by Paige
  • Like 5

So I mopped the kitchen. Then I mopped the powder room since it is connected. Then I thoughts to meself, well, you'd best be getting the upstairs bathroom while you're at it, lassie! Then I saw the tub needed to be scrubbed, and the shower curtain washed.

This is why I don't mop, people! It only leads to more work. I much prefer when I can tell myself I can't vacuum because of DS's Legos and go about my day blissfully ignorant of the accumulating filth.

• Like 7

I argh'ed your first day here. Do you remember?

:laugh:

Nope! My memory is shot. 

I have no idea. I gave up on commercial oil and just do it myself. I think I found the bottle I have (which I can't find) at a natural grocery store. I have a membership to the local coop. Now see, you should have complained here, on ITT. We would have told you. This is where all the secrets lie.

I thought I did complain here. 

No, she'll bang her cane on the floor yelling, "Edi-i-i-ith!  Yve-e-e-e-ette!  Will no one come help an old woma-a-a-an?" while waving her ear trumpet about.

(Can anyone get the reference?)

I want to say 'Allo 'Allo? It's been like half a life time since I've watched that though, but I recently added it to my Netflix cue. 

Oh, and I did complain about my ear here:

Yeah, but I should go back to packing. I only took a break because my ear was really really hurting, and internet does a good job of distracting from that (and from anything else, for that matter). We're going to get the keys to our next place on Monday, and we need to be moved out by midnight May 31st (and our landlord JD really should know better than to say "midnight on May 31st", because which midnight would that be? - we're going with "before June").

ETA: Boeja. Which, btw, reminds me of bruja, which is something else altogether.

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 7