Menu

Ignore this thread!

So I mopped the kitchen. Then I mopped the powder room since it is connected. Then I thoughts to meself, well, you'd best be getting the upstairs bathroom while you're at it, lassie! Then I saw the tub needed to be scrubbed, and the shower curtain washed.

This is why I don't mop, people! It only leads to more work. I much prefer when I can tell myself I can't vacuum because of DS's Legos and go about my day blissfully ignorant of the accumulating filth.

"If you give an Ikslo a mop...."

Someone needs to write a book!!

• Like 8

That sounds so sad...

it is, actually. It's sad going there. It's the Retirement Home that is affiliated with our church and a lot of the people there are people who were the movers and shakers when I was growing up. Our former pastor is there (in skilled nursing)... it's hard to go there. And so many of them are suffering from.... whatever. They are in their wheel chairs just kind of existing.  And it's a very nice facility. Really. It is carpeted, my dad has a nice room, it doesn't smell funky, the nurses are all very kind.... but, it's just a sad place.

• Like 3

We had originally planned to do our ho'ike (recital) at my house, with the ohana (family) sitting in the grass/on chairs/etc. and the haumana (dancers, members of the halau) on the patio. But it rained; by the time everyone arrived the weather was beautimous but the grass was too wet, so we moved everyone inside. It was quite cozy, lol. We had a lovely time, potluck after the ho'ike, milling around and taking lots of pictures and all that warm fuzzy stuff. I took my friend back to the airport this evening.

I'm thinking of staying in my jammies most of tomorrow... :D

• Like 9

Made it to page 94, and, in unrelated news, I'm currently annoyed with the chat board because apparently I'm complicit in the patriarchy by having had the audacity to give birth to two boys and zero girls. Or something. And yes, I know I'm exaggerating, but it's not like I asked for boys, and this is a sore topic, but hey, apparently I'm crazy (nothing new there). Anyway, I should got sleep now (or an hour ago, tbd). Night night y'all. 

• Like 5

Made it to page 94, and, in unrelated news, I'm currently annoyed with the chat board because apparently I'm complicit in the patriarchy by having had the audacity to give birth to two boys and zero girls. Or something. And yes, I know I'm exaggerating, but it's not like I asked for boys, and this is a sore topic, but hey, apparently I'm crazy (nothing new there). Anyway, I should got sleep now (or an hour ago, tbd). Night night y'all.

Boys are easier.
  • Like 2

Quite nervy of you, I should say!

:D

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Good Monday Morning!  

Susan's Airport Taxi is the early bird this morning.

I would say the easier/harder thing is more by personality than gender, not that you asked my opinion, lol.  

Ellie, beautiful picture!   :001_tt1:   So glad it was a grand success!

Jean, hope you got doggy diapers last night and got to sleep straight through!

• Like 6

Don't swim in the sea!

• Like 6

DS just learned the hard way that once again he should listen to his mom. He has a thermos he uses to take coffee to school that he doesn't clean properly. It was getting disgusting! I've told him that we clean things to make them last longer because dirt and grime are not just unsanitary, they can be destructive. Poor DS was getting ready for school tomorrow and discovered that the lid to his thermos is broken. The springs had rusted or otherwise become brittle from coffee ick sitting on it too long and there's no fixing it. You can tell by the texture and color that something had changed compared the the springs in everyone else's lids. 

DS is sad. I'm a little sympathetic to his pain, but when's he going to learn? I'm not sorry it broke. Told you so! I didn't tell him that, so I have to say it here. He's going to have to save up to buy himself a new one if he wants another so it's a double blow. 

ETA: He would just rinse it out w/water most of the time It's not like it sat with festering coffee forever. He's not that bad. 

When I was in college I worked in the archaeomag lab, and a grad student also had his desk in there (the grad student wasn't working in the lab, just shared the space).  We all had a hilarious time in there much of the time, though things got quite serious at one point.  They had a coffee station set up with some mugs (for everyone's use -- use and wash, plus some personal ones) on a small bookshelf, and every mug had a thick build-up of coffee stains.  I had already cleaned the stains out of the glass coffee pot (ice cubes and salt -- swirl and swish until the stains are gone, dump, wash with soap and water -- old restaurant trick) and was starting in on the mugs when the grad student and a couple of fellow student workers came in.  When they saw what I was doing they quickly snatched the mugs out of my hand, insisting that I was going to "ruin the patina" they had painstakingly built up in their mugs.  They mourned the "damage" I had already done to the coffee pot, and proceeded to make some stout coffee and refill their still-patina-coated mugs.

I brought my own mug in the next day and only drank hot cocoa or hot cider throughout the winter.  

• Like 4

So I mopped the kitchen. Then I mopped the powder room since it is connected. Then I thoughts to meself, well, you'd best be getting the upstairs bathroom while you're at it, lassie! Then I saw the tub needed to be scrubbed, and the shower curtain washed.

This is why I don't mop, people! It only leads to more work. I much prefer when I can tell myself I can't vacuum because of DS's Legos and go about my day blissfully ignorant of the accumulating filth.

As I have been bleaching and scrubbing 13 years of grime out of the floor grout I've been noticing all of the little nicks in trim paint and tiny areas where dust tends to collect on the base boards.  Then I see the bathroom cabinets need a good scrubbing down, and the one with the faulty paint from when we moved in still needs to get its paint repaired.  I am also going to need to unload and move some furniture so I can scrub the grout it is currently sitting on, so I am eyeballing the contents with a decluttering eye.

Note to self:  If I EVER have a say in baseboarding it is going to be as smooth and non-textured as possible!  "Wood grain look" baseboarding doesn't look all that great when the little crevices fill with dust, and I resent having to dust baseboards -- I prefer to simply sweep or vacuum the top edges when I sweep or vacuum the floor.

• Like 3

Nope! My memory is shot. 

I thought I did complain here. 

I want to say 'Allo 'Allo? It's been like half a life time since I've watched that though, but I recently added it to my Netflix cue. 

Oh, and I did complain about my ear here:

ETA: Boeja. Which, btw, reminds me of bruja, which is something else altogether.

'Allo 'Allo it is!   :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 2

Don't worry about what the chat board or anyone else says.  Both girls and boys are wonderful to have around and can grow into wonderful people.

• Like 7

I'm letting the girls sleep in a bit this morning.  There is stormy weather to the south of us that might or might not come dump on us, so we are in a wait-and-see pattern.  If it does dump here it is most likely to do so about the time we head out for music class, darn it.  It's the last lessons for the girls before our summer hiatus, so we don't want to miss it.

After it standing quiet most of the weekend DH has his 3D printer running today.  Yesterday he was out in the garage carving out triangles on his CNC router.  Today he is printing triangles on his printer.  His little brother (the tallest of the 3 brothers) has asked for some rather large gaming dice, so DH is making some.  I think he wants them finished by this coming weekend, when BIL's family will be down to visit.

We are going to wrap up writing this week.  The girls did some housecleaning over the weekend, and I'd like to get more done.  I have also started on my Qigong/Tai Chi Great Courses lectures (must get the exercise going), and when resting my knees decided to get out the crochet.

So far this is not a Motivated Monday for me, though we will get things done.

• Like 2

I'm up. My two boys are mowing down breakfast and moaning that they won't have time to write this morning. 

If I had caffeine, I might be more sympathetic.

School at nine.

I have a tricky scene to work on today. Getting the emotions right while not revealing too much has proved...challenging. 

• Like 2

Maybe carrot cake with chocolate... though I don't think that's the best possible thing you could do with carrot cake. Carrot cake does sound good though.

I'm betting this is really good. Carrot cake, with a nice cream cheese icing, and drizzled ever so lightly with really good chocolate.

• Like 2

ARGH for everything!

"Nearly everything in this house whines because nearly everything in this house is a machine."

DD12 said that, not me.  She is quite right, however.      *big, dramatic SIGH*

• Like 2

That's the sea; don't swim in it!!!

• Like 4

DON'T SWIM IN THE SEA!!!

Boys are easier.

No, they're not.

Don't swim in the sea!

See! I toldja so!

• Like 3

Don't take risks on treacherous roads. 

I'm letting the girls sleep in a bit this morning.  There is stormy weather to the south of us that might or might not come dump on us, so we are in a wait-and-see pattern.  If it does dump here it is most likely to do so about the time we head out for music class, darn it.  It's the last lessons for the girls before our summer hiatus, so we don't want to miss it.

After it standing quiet most of the weekend DH has his 3D printer running today.  Yesterday he was out in the garage carving out triangles on his CNC router.  Today he is printing triangles on his printer.  His little brother (the tallest of the 3 brothers) has asked for some rather large gaming dice, so DH is making some.  I think he wants them finished by this coming weekend, when BIL's family will be down to visit.

We are going to wrap up writing this week.  The girls did some housecleaning over the weekend, and I'd like to get more done.  I have also started on my Qigong/Tai Chi Great Courses lectures (must get the exercise going), and when resting my knees decided to get out the crochet.

So far this is not a Motivated Monday for me, though we will get things done.

We are in the thick of said stormy weather. It's actually calmed down a bit now, but its not done yet. I've been up for hours listening to the thunder with Weapon X. I made us hot cocoa (for him) and coffee (for me) and we snuggled on the couch and watched the storm. It was actually kind of nice, although I wish it hadn't been so early. 

• Like 5

You need one of these puppies. They whine and would fit right in.

Sorry, no, no puppies.  We do NOT need another furry in this house, and my cat would have conniptions.  

I will simply dream of the maybe-someday time when we can build our own house from our (my) own design.  I will have a nice library/office, secluded from the main areas and noise.  And a BIG kitchen, at least partially segregated (not fully open).  And an inglenook.  And lots of deep porches.

• Like 3

Good morning!!

COFFEE!!,☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Today:

DS has their 8th grade retreat

I have to drop him off at school and then take my car in to get the brakes worked on

Fortunately, they will take me home and DH is leaving his car home and taking my dad's pick-up to work

So, I will have his car to take a few children to their piano recital, which is at the same time I have to pick DS up from school

Thus, I will be late to the piano recital

And DMIL will be here today, too. At least for the morning.

I would really like to just go back to bed.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

DON'T SWIM IN THE SEA!!!

No, they're not.

See! I toldja so!

That clip is wonderful!  Though the music was a little heavy-handed.  She carried the drama quite well enough by herself.

• Like 2

Very bad night last night. Only 4 hours of sleep. Rocky had nothing to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Girls are complicated and emotional. Boys are simpler. Obviously there are exemptions, but I find boys personalities much less stressful. I've felt this way since I was like 4.

That's the sea; don't swim in it!!!

Semicolon! :001_wub:
  • Like 4

Tonight's supper plan:  Salmon, Pillsbury biscuits (because DH bought some a while back and the cans have been cluttering up my fridge ever since), salad, and likely some veggies.

Now, what can I do with lots of different kinds of crackers?....

• Like 1

When I went grocery shopping this weekend I noticed my store had some sockeye salmon for a good price.  I asked for two fillets wrapped separately, and the fish guy asked if I was going to freeze either of them.  I replied both.  He said he had some still frozen instead of partially thawed, if I would like those.  Yes, please!  They were even individually wrapped in plastic with all of the label information.  I guess that's how their non-local fish comes in, and they unwrap them and put them out to thaw slowly in the refrigerated display case.  From now on I'm going to ask if they have some still frozen whenever I pick up fish and seafood, since it just goes into my freezer anyway!

• Like 4

When I went grocery shopping this weekend I noticed my store had some sockeye salmon for a good price.  I asked for two fillets wrapped separately, and the fish guy asked if I was going to freeze either of them.  I replied both.  He said he had some still frozen instead of partially thawed, if I would like those.  Yes, please!  They were even individually wrapped in plastic with all of the label information.  I guess that's how their non-local fish comes in, and they unwrap them and put them out to thaw slowly in the refrigerated display case.  From now on I'm going to ask if they have some still frozen whenever I pick up fish and seafood, since it just goes into my freezer anyway!

Brilliant!