Menu

Ignore this thread!

Airport, AFSA, and library. Home by 7am! :D

So I did online check-in earlier, but they did not give me a boarding pass. I called the airline, and apparently we had been put on stand-by. So the nice gentleman on the phone assigned us seats and now we have boarding passes. Whew. Now I must pack.

• Like 8

I think I found it.

Trying to be the voice of reason and moderation in a hot button topic is like putting a giant bullseye on your face.

Eta, not that I'm blaming you, luuknam.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/646189-sued-for-texting-on-a-date/

And like I said last night, I did somewhat exaggerate what happened. Fun fact: I told my wife the same thing, and she went "OMG, what did you say this time?!", and I told her what I said, and she's like "that's all??". I can be very blunt and non-PC and stuff, but that really was quite tame. 

• Like 2

I'm outta likes.  Therefore, multiquote

I'm betting this is really good. Carrot cake, with a nice cream cheese icing, and drizzled ever so lightly with really good chocolate.

Yes!   :drool5:  

Half day, full day, half day, done!

:hurray: Yay!   

Very bad night last night. Only 4 hours of sleep. Rocky had nothing to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:

That Irish weatherwoman was the best! Ah, my people.

:thumbup1:  

Good morning!!

COFFEE!!,☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Today:
DS has their 8th grade retreat
I have to drop him off at school and then take my car in to get the brakes worked on
Fortunately, they will take me home and DH is leaving his car home and taking my dad's pick-up to work
So, I will have his car to take a few children to their piano recital, which is at the same time I have to pick DS up from school
Thus, I will be late to the piano recital
And DMIL will be here today, too. At least for the morning.

I would really like to just go back to bed.

Ya know, I think some days we deserve honorary PhDs in Management and Logistics for the things we pull off.  

Good Morning.

I didn't sleep well, either.

I had a migraine all weekend, so I slept a lot.  Too much, apparently.

I was awake at 3:30.

After I got the kids up and moving, I went back to bed for an hour.

Tonight's supper plan:  Salmon, Pillsbury biscuits (because DH bought some a while back and the cans have been cluttering up my fridge ever since), salad, and likely some veggies.

Now, what can I do with lots of different kinds of crackers?....

Sounds Yummy!  For the crackers do a cheese and cracker tray for lunch and it will seem fancier than telling everyone they can have cheese and crackers for lunch.  Sweet pickles on the side for bonus points.  

My mind switched the h and the a.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

:lol:

I still have a can of pumpkin in my cabinet.  Anyone got any good ideas what to do with canned pumpkin, besides pie?

pumpkin strudel?   :D

Airport, AFSA, and library. Home by 7am! :D

So I did online check-in earlier, but they did not give me a boarding pass. I called the airline, and apparently we had been put on stand-by. So the nice gentleman on the phone assigned us seats and now we have boarding passes. Whew. Now I must pack.

Just keep your phone handy in case they try to drag you off the plane!!!   :eek:     :D

• Like 4

Girls are complicated and emotional. Boys are simpler. Obviously there are exemptions, but I find boys personalities much less stressful. I've felt this way since I was like 4.

Semicolon! :001_wub:

Boys are complicated and emotional too, they just hide it better and end up with heart disease in their 50s.

My DS is at least as much work or maybe more than all 3 of his sisters combined. He's the oldest and has always been more difficult than them. 

I know...exceptions...but I don't think there's a rule for this. Boy friendships, however, seem on a whole to be a little more steady and easier. 

• Like 5

Boys are complicated and emotional too, they just hide it better and end up with heart disease in their 50s.

My DS is at least as much work or maybe more than all 3 of his sisters combined. He's the oldest and has always been more difficult than them. 

I know...exceptions...but I don't think there's a rule for this. Boy friendships, however, seem on a whole to be a little more steady and easier. 

Oh yes!  The oldest is always the hardest, regardless of gender.   :laugh:

• Like 3

Pumpkin bread? There are a number of sugar-free recipes out there. 

Pumpkin chia pudding?

I'm outta likes.  Therefore, multiquote

Yes!   :drool5:  

:hurray: Yay!   

:thumbup1:  

Ya know, I think some days we deserve honorary PhDs in Management and Logistics for the things we pull off.  

Sounds Yummy!  For the crackers do a cheese and cracker tray for lunch and it will seem fancier than telling everyone they can have cheese and crackers for lunch.  Sweet pickles on the side for bonus points.  

:lol:

pumpkin strudel?   :D

Just keep your phone handy in case they try to drag you off the plane!!!   :eek:     :D

Also, Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are totally yummy.  But not sugar free.

Thank you!  These are good food ideas.

• Like 2

I have been using it in spaghetti sauce instead of tomato. Then Dd can eat it too. Dh told me that he prefers it this way. Ds does not.

I will have to try this!

My mom disagrees. 

#imtheoldest

FWIW, my brother did make it easy for me to be easier. When he was a little kid he'd run off in the time it took my mom to lock her bike, and then in elementary school he got in trouble for kicking a door when he was mad, and in secondary school he got diagnosed with an ASD, and proceeded to get kicked out of 5 or 6 secondary schools, ending up without a high school diploma, and eventually getting on disability and into assisted living. I'm hardly a saint, but when that's the competition, it's easy to come out ahead.

• Like 2

Tonight's supper plan:  Salmon, Pillsbury biscuits (because DH bought some a while back and the cans have been cluttering up my fridge ever since), salad, and likely some veggies.

Now, what can I do with lots of different kinds of crackers?....

Cracker crusted salmon

I still have a can of pumpkin in my cabinet.  Anyone got any good ideas what to do with canned pumpkin, besides pie?

I make eggless pumpkin muffins, in the little tiny muffin tins.  :001_tt1: Then they are bite sized for snacking/adding as a side to meal. 

• Like 2

Lovely picture, Lynn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynn's so pretty.

:wub:

Congratulations! I love your hair!

Congratulations!!!

Lynn! Awwww. :)

You look maaavelous, darling!  Simply maaavelous!

:blushing:   Awwww, y'all know how to make a person feel loved.  Thank you.   :001_wub:

• Like 5

Well, I is back. The car is at the shop and a nice boy brought me back home!!

Lynn, that is a fantastic picture. You look stunning!!! What a knock-out!!

Now, I got to go get started with the day, and that will start with closing up all the windows because it's supposed to be 100 degrees today. 😩😩🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Like 5

Here's a picture from graduation yesterday.  (If I remember how to do this correctly....)

FullSizeRender-8.jpg

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:   Congrats!

• Like 1

DH and SIL are definitely exceptions to the oldest-is-hardest rule. DH had some medical issues (preemie) but a very compliant personality. SIL had excellent health and ... a lively spirit.

I dreamed of feeding rotary phones to sharks and woke with a headache. Now onward and upward.

• Like 6

Cracker crusted salmon

I make eggless pumpkin muffins, in the little tiny muffin tins.  :001_tt1: Then they are bite sized for snacking/adding as a side to meal. 

Cool, I'll try that salmon idea!  It will use up a small portion of the 2 family-size boxes of Ritz and 1 box of club crackers.  I'm not in danger of "using up all of DH's Ritz crackers", since there are so many.

Tiny muffins are also a good idea!

Anybody got a good idea for some things to do with more rustic crackers?  I have several boxes of Mary's Gone Crackers, and a couple boxes of other artisan crackers, too.

• Like 1

I am packed except for phone charger & cords. I cleaned out my purse. I'm guessing there's no need for me to bring 3 sets of violin strings. Or 750 grocery receipts. Or expired coupons.

Dh tried for 1 1/2 hours to get an Uber at LaGuardia and gave up after 3 cancellations. He had to cancel all his New Jersey meetings. Looks like with the construction, mile long double line of cars, and crowd of 300 people, nobody is going anywhere fast. He's now in line for a taxi.

• Like 3

DH and SIL are definitely exceptions to the oldest-is-hardest rule. DH had some medical issues (preemie) but a very compliant personality. SIL had excellent health and ... a lively spirit.

I dreamed of feeding rotary phones to sharks and woke with a headache. Now onward and upward.

Rotary phones for breakfast probably gave the sharks headaches too.

It's a Snarky Sharky Booyah! 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 10

Cool, I'll try that salmon idea!  It will use up a small portion of the 2 family-size boxes of Ritz and 1 box of club crackers.  I'm not in danger of "using up all of DH's Ritz crackers", since there are so many.

Tiny muffins are also a good idea!

Anybody got a good idea for some things to do with more rustic crackers?  I have several boxes of Mary's Gone Crackers, and a couple boxes of other artisan crackers, too.

I sometimes use crackers in my meatloaf and/or meatballs if I don't have bread/breadcrumbs.

• Like 3

I purposely left this week open so we could focus on potty training. Guys, it's really boring waiting around for a toddler to pee. I made the following bonus versions of my planning pg : Irish, nerd/IT Crowd, and snarky retro mom.

I remember training oldest DS. I just sat him in the potty and kept giving him glasses of punch and wouldn't let him get up until he peed.
  • Like 3

A playlist?!   :D 

We'll be doing CC if we end up homeschooling. 

It's awesome.  I look like such a motivated homeschooling mother.   :laugh:

In reality, I'm a lazy ass and found the easiest way to do CC is to play everything by song incessantly in the van all year long while I drive to the Starbucks drive-thru.

Coffee and a relaxing drive for me, plus I get to check seven subjects off our school list for the day.  It's a win-win.   :D

• Like 5

Ds2 is soon to be Ds3.  (I'm talking age here, not birth order or grade.)

It makes me very sad.  7pm-ish tonight, and I'll no longer be the mama of a two year-old.   :crying:  :crying:  :crying:

Thank you for not saying DS2 is no longer with us. I will never recover from those 15 seconds of horror when your son turned 8.

• Like 7

Also, can I just say I love CC Cycle 2 English grammar memory work?

We sang songs all year (on way to coffee), and now I'm skipping gaily through FLL 3 with my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders, because they already know everything by heart.  At this pace we'll be done with the book in a couple of months.  

• Like 3