Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning ENB. (That's Elephant Ninja Brigade for Shpuds).

Shpuds already has a nickname!

Rocky only got me up once last night. Old dog is still alive.

My friend is also still alive. They are going to start taking him off of sedation so that they can assess things. He will need dialysis at least temporarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

A cast iron tortilla press is a necessity in life - right? I mean, even if I've only made home made tortillas once but feel pretty sure it would be a good idea?

I was less than impressed with mine. It did not make the move. 

If you're going to spring for a tortilla press, get the kind that bakes them too. I've been contemplating this one, if we ever move out of tortilla land. (I can buy hot tortillas in three places within a mile of me right now.) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00455NTOU/ref=s9_acsd_zwish_hd_bw_bFhNh_c_x_w?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_r=H1QS2GK3G7CKC1TZCWDG&pd_rd_w=yDuNZ&pd_rd_wg=llsaj&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-10&pf_rd_r=H1QS2GK3G7CKC1TZCWDG&pf_rd_r=H1QS2GK3G7CKC1TZCWDG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=6ac24698-26fa-4fac-b1f8-5ee62b6cf277&pf_rd_p=6ac24698-26fa-4fac-b1f8-5ee62b6cf277&pf_rd_i=3741681

There were four little boys outside digging in the dirt with spoons, shovels, and butter knives. One little boy walks into the kitchen and exclaims, "I'm going to make peanut butter sandwiches!" One watchful Momma averts disaster by providing a clean butter knife just in time.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Priscilla runs a very nice pet pampering playhouse, and will come to the pets.  I figured she could come in handy today at Jeannie's.

We ALL have hiring power here, didn't you know?  Though Jeeves does help coordinate staff availability.

Ah, Priscilla. The pet-pampering playhouse professional. Her. Now I remember.

#alliterationisawesome

I don't think I've hired anyone since Rodrigo. Or, whoever that hunk with-a-name-that-starts-with-R was.

• Like 5

In other news, the "hydrologic outlook" is back.  :glare:

And I should be spending LOTS more time here, now that I have real work to do... :glare: :glare:

HOW will you have more time here if you have real work to do... :toetap05:

• Like 2

Ah, Priscilla. The pet-pampering playhouse professional. Her. Now I remember.

#alliterationisawesome

I don't think I've hired anyone since Rodrigo. Or, whoever that hunk with-a-name-that-starts-with-R was.

Rocco was our first. He's the cabana boy! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
  • Like 5

If you're going to spring for a tortilla press, get the kind that bakes them too. I've been contemplating this one, if we ever move out of tortilla land. (I can buy hot tortillas in three places within a mile of me right now.) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00455NTOU/ref=s9_acsd_zwish_hd_bw_bFhNh_c_x_w?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_r=H1QS2GK3G7CKC1TZCWDG&pd_rd_w=yDuNZ&pd_rd_wg=llsaj&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-10&pf_rd_r=H1QS2GK3G7CKC1TZCWDG&pf_rd_r=H1QS2GK3G7CKC1TZCWDG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=6ac24698-26fa-4fac-b1f8-5ee62b6cf277&pf_rd_p=6ac24698-26fa-4fac-b1f8-5ee62b6cf277&pf_rd_i=3741681

But, but, with that one, you can only make one complete tortilla at a time.

This was ours https://www.amazon.com/Tortilla-Press-Flour-Maker-Heavy/dp/B06W9G8CJ1/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1491499487&sr=1-3&keywords=tortilla+press. You have to put a piece of plastic on it so the masa doesn't stick. We also have a long comal. I'd press a tortilla, drop it on the comal, and start another one. I could have 4 cooking at a time. By the time one tortilla is ready to come off the comal, you have another one ready to put on. It's quite handy when you have a bunch of tortilla eaters. I haven't made them in a while though. I've only made corn ones, for some reason. Anyway, we also have a lot of tortillerias in our area. We know the owners of two of them, and one of them I used to watch her grandchildren in my home daycare. :D

• Like 2

Morning chores are not optional.  Morning chores are also non-negotiable.  Morning chores haven't changed in over a year.  So WHY do I have to nag each and every morning?!  I've started making dd literally drop anything she is working on to go and do those morning chores.  I'm hoping that she will decide that it is easier to do them first without any nagging or interruptions. 

#Idon'tcareifshethinksthatI'mmicromanaging

#justdoit

#momisalwaysright

• Like 8

But, but, with that one, you can only make one complete tortilla at a time.

This was ours https://www.amazon.com/Tortilla-Press-Flour-Maker-Heavy/dp/B06W9G8CJ1/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1491499487&sr=1-3&keywords=tortilla+press. You have to put a piece of plastic on it so the masa doesn't stick. We also have a long comal. I'd press a tortilla, drop it on the comal, and start another one. I could have 4 cooking at a time. By the time one tortilla is ready to come off the comal, you have another one ready to put on. It's quite handy when you have a bunch of tortilla eaters. I haven't made them in a while though. I've only made corn ones, for some reason. Anyway, we also have a lot of tortillerias in our area. We know the owners of two of them, and one of them I used to watch her grandchildren in my home daycare. :D

My MIL makes fresh tortillas with every meal. She even makes a mini one for my dog when she comes with us. Abuela spoils everyone.

• Like 7

I'm in the market for a good nanny. You know, one who will cook a nice little lunch for the kids, make sure they sit down to do school work, one who is firm, but kind, patient but doesn't accept excuses, one who will hold down the fort and the noise so that I can take a nap. I'm not sure whether I want Mary Poppins or Nanny McPhee at this point.

• Like 4

We'll just have to buy a bigger island. Perhaps someone's Great-Aunt Edna will die, leaving a windfall.

Dh's great aunt Edna died (no husband or children) and left her millions to a church with strict instructions to use it to start a nursing home IN their church. And of course, the church has no desire or ability to do this (costs waaaaaaaay more than a couple million to do this) and so 15 years later the money is probably still sitting there.

• Like 4

I just left work. Now, to find a black leotard, take Dancer to her DE class, then Gymnast to her dance dress rehearsal. Why I thought it would be a good idea to volunteer tonight after working with kids all day is beyond me. Rehearsal starts at 4:15 and ends around 6-7.  :svengo:

• Like 2

We're going to have so many staff members that there won't be room for us on this island!

It is an island of all holding, in that it might not be that big from outside its boundaries, but inside of them it is plenty big.  And distances are magical -- we can each get whatever seclusion we want, while not being far from getting together.  This also helps the staff get around to us all.

• Like 4

Good morning ENB. (That's Elephant Ninja Brigade for Shpuds).

Shpuds already has a nickname!

Rocky only got me up once last night. Old dog is still alive.

My friend is also still alive. They are going to start taking him off of sedation so that they can assess things. He will need dialysis at least temporarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 2

My robot-loving DH likes the idea of these:  https://rotimatic.com/

• Like 1

Morning chores are not optional.  Morning chores are also non-negotiable.  Morning chores haven't changed in over a year.  So WHY do I have to nag each and every morning?!  I've started making dd literally drop anything she is working on to go and do those morning chores.  I'm hoping that she will decide that it is easier to do them first without any nagging or interruptions. 

#Idon'tcareifshethinksthatI'mmicromanaging

#justdoit

#momisalwaysright

#darnedstraight

• Like 2

It is an island of all holding, in that it might not be that big from outside its boundaries, but inside of them it is plenty big. And distances are magical -- we can each get whatever seclusion we want, while not being far from getting together. This also helps the staff get around to us all.

I suspect it is actually a TARDIS and Rocco the cabana boy is a Time Lord.

• Like 4

Such a busy beaver am I. Made 3 doz. oatmeal raisin cookies on Tuesday. Did three loads of laundry yesterday (because Wednesday laundry day); cleaned two bathrooms; peeled, cubed, and cooked 10lb of potatoes and made potato salad out of them (also made the mayo for the salad); too cookies and potato salad to the church today (because important event); did laundry today (because Thursday laundry day); went to the library to reserve a room to do a Homeschool 101 class in May; taught two of my dancers for two hours. Church tomorrow at noon, then hula class, then do about 2 doz deviled eggs (also humus) for event on Saturday.

Thank goodness for thyroid drugs. Better living through science. :D

• Like 10

Because I know you are all dying to hear: Butterscotchius Rex has settled into his new life as the sole rooster among so many beautiful hens. He still gets fussy, but hasn't tried to kill anyone lately. As far as the hens go, he is the perfect Southern gentleman rooster. He courts everyone, but takes care of his smaller girls, and food calls for everyone when he's found a treat. And divides it up to give it as food presents to all the girls. He's quite the charmer despite having no tail.

• Like 9

I'm popping in and out of likes.  So if I liked posts around yours but not  yours, it wasn't personal.  It's just the luck of the likes. 

I'm all outta likes, too.

Shpudsy, you will find we are frequently plagued by like deficiency here in ITT.  50 a day is simply NOT enough!

• Like 4

Such a busy beaver am I. Made 3 doz. oatmeal raisin cookies on Tuesday. Did three loads of laundry yesterday (because Wednesday laundry day); cleaned two bathrooms; peeled, cubed, and cooked 10lb of potatoes and made potato salad out of them (also made the mayo for the salad); too cookies and potato salad to the church today (because important event); did laundry today (because Thursday laundry day); went to the library to reserve a room to do a Homeschool 101 class in May; taught two of my dancers for two hours. Church tomorrow at noon, then hula class, then do about 2 doz deviled eggs (also humus) for event on Saturday.

Thank goodness for thyroid drugs. Better living through science. :D

You HAVE been busy!  Go, Ellie!  

We have a new ITTer -- Shpudsy.  She's fitting right in!

• Like 2

Because I know you are all dying to hear: Butterscotchius Rex has settled into his new life as the sole rooster among so many beautiful hens. He still gets fussy, but hasn't tried to kill anyone lately. As far as the hens go, he is the perfect Southern gentleman rooster. He courts everyone, but takes care of his smaller girls, and food calls for everyone when he's found a treat. And divides it up to give it as food presents to all the girls. He's quite the charmer despite having no tail.

He sounds like a real winner!  Go, BR!

The neighbor's orange cat was sauntering down our driveway towards our back door, ready to pay a springtime call on our old lady cat.  We saw him as we were coming down the street, but he didn't notice us until I started backing into our driveway.  He has definitely matured from the lovesick youngster into the man-cat on the prowl.  Instead of scurrying under DH's car as he would have done last year he instead simply continued his slow saunter at 90 degrees, over to our next door neighbor's driveway.  Very I-was-just-passing-through-to-here-and-am-not-leaving-because-you-showed-up.

He's very sweet and a real charmer and would be welcome around our house if he just wouldn't insist on festooning our back doorstep (main family entrance) with his studly calling card.  Since he persists in this we chase him off.  Contrary to DH's suggestion I will only use straight water in the Super Soaker, not a vinegar/water mix.  I don't want to hurt him, and I might get him in the eyes.

• Like 4

I was just cutting sticker burrs out of Scout's paws, and found something yellow and gooey between her pads. I have no idea what it was.

pus pocket?

• Like 1

I watched another episode of Escape to the Country (on Netflix) again this evening.  This one featured a married couple and the wife had MS, so they really wanted to find a place with everything on the ground level or the ability to install a stair chair, and they needed things open enough to adapt to her mobility issues.  I don't know what the show people were thinking with the first two houses they showed them -- bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs, and open stairs that are hard to add a stair chair to.  If someone clearly has a very real limitation why would you choose to ignore it, in hopes that less important features of the place would "win them over"?

I'd be grumpy about this anyway, but my recent knee issues have me really seeing things from the wife's point.

• Like 4