Menu

Ignore this thread!

I thought of that. But talking to my husband it sounds like he knew it was happening, and they did make an attempt to clean up. But DH is sick, so he's like whatevs. And I'm thinking, you won't be whatevs whe you see the bill from the flower shop! :lol:

I'm most upset about the one plant that was given to me, and takes a few years to bloom after transplant. It looked really healthy last year, and I was expecting it to bloom this year. $&@@)$'$!?

Breathe in, breathe out.

Okay, fine.  So your DH is sick and you're being all mature adult.

Howz about I come visit and handle?  helicopter.gif

• Like 5

The small Thai restaurant was a huge hit for both of us! Quiet, intimate, where we could really talk instead of having to shout to be heard and delicious food! We have a new date night place!

And no big trees came down on the house while we were gone.

sounds good!! We'll meet you there next week!
  • Like 2

I'm so done with this week.

And DH is sick.

And the gas co. came today and replaced the gas line/meter thingy - and dug up my garden in the process and I'm now missing like 5 or 6 plants and it made me so upset when I got home and saw I just cried. Real tears. I'm better now and can look forward to shopping for new plants and relaxing gardening time, but THAT'S NOT THE POINT. Oh, and they also trampled a bunch of other Spring flowers that were coming up and now will not bloom.

Boo.

A FAFSA on those workers. May the bird of paradise fly up their noses, and elephants caress them with their toes-es.

I cannot like that!! A double FAFSA on those workers. With slime dripping down it and poison fangs!
  • Like 7

Good Saturday Morning!  

COFFEE!!!

(((Ikslo)))  I knew we hadn't seen much of you this week, so I figured it was a busy one.  I think you should still consider filing a complaint even if your dh was there.  (And even if you still have a mahvelous flower shopping day.)  If nothing else you may cause them to be more careful/diligent for someone else.  A delivery company scratched my antique grand piano delivering a new refrigerator several years ago and it seemed very common place on their end to document the situation and send me a check after I had it repaired.  

• Like 4

Lynn, I did a homemade history class for ds16 last year.  We did the 20th century decade by decade.  I counted books by how long it would take me to read them (ds16 is a faster reader than I am).  Page counting didn't work because some books were way below his reading level (but still had good information).

I found some information about Charlotte Mason's page counts - but they are overall, not specific to one subject.  So, yeah, I probably won't go about it that way.  Plus, as much as I love CM and Ambleside Online, I'll probably schedule more reading than that approach.  

• Like 1

On a scale of 1-Britney, how crazy would it be to let my 11 yo cut my hair?

It's down to my waist, and I want to take off three inches and put layers in. Anyhow, I figure, even if she messes it up, I should still have enough for Great Clips to work with.

So, ITTers...😜 Or �

I would say it depends on the 11yo. The 3 inches probably wouldn't be a problem, but I would maybe be concerned about the layers. Does this particular 11yo have any interest or experience with cutting hair?

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Good morning!

Whew - that was a lot of ketchup. And extra challenging with blurry eyes.

Everyone needs to avoid treacherous roads, especially to avoid taking a swim in the sea (of mud).

I am supposed to go grocery shopping today but I don't think I'll make it. I have set committee today (dh is going to come along because he has actual building skills that are helpful) and this afternoon I have to help the girls find spring dresses for church tomorrow because children's choir is singing for Palm Sunday. Thankfully this does not involve shopping - just finding the right clothes bins in the attic or basement and hoping there is something in there that works. Then after dinner we'll drive an hour to ds21's chamber orchestra concert. It'll be another late night.

Only one more week of Lent!

Coffee!

• Like 5

Lol, not since she kept cutting her baby sisters bangs off over and over,

But that was 7 years ago.

I actually haven't asked her yet, so I might have to fall back on the 9yo, which may work out as she has more patience.

Scale of 1 to Britney.   :laugh:   Hadn't heard that one before.

I think in your shoes, I'd try it myself rather than ask my dd.  Isn't there a way to cut layers by brushing all your hair forward over your head and then whacking straight across?  Just go conservative.  

• Like 3

Lol, not since she kept cutting her baby sisters bangs off over and over,

But that was 7 years ago.

I actually haven't asked her yet, so I might have to fall back on the 9yo, which may work out as she has more patience.

Be sure to take before and after photos, whomever you choose.  They will be quite valuable (to someone) someday, especially if you decide to publish your memoirs.   :laugh:

• Like 3

Did they move Easter? I thought I was done tomorrow. I am so lost. Not that that's unusual in any way.

I like the spilunker.

The noses and toses post is my new favorite thing.

Irregardless is a word. I didn't know. I'm going to start using it around pretentious people so I can correct them when they're snooty.

I got 3 hours of sleep.

In-laws are here. We're skydiving Tuesday. :coolgleamA:

Hasta la pasta. Lasagna, particularly.

• Like 8

Slashie dropped in. Hi, Slashie!! No, not Easter yet!! But Labor Day is just around the corner.

Oh wow! Another Booya/h for me!!!

We'll call it a Messin' With Slashie's Mind 🎄🎃â¤ï¸ðŸŽŽðŸŽ‰ (Because We Love Her) Booya/h!!!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

Good morning, good morning.  I'm glad to be alive!  Good morning, good morning, to yoooooooooooooooooou!

Shpuds is a very brave BA to allow her kids to cut her hair. 

I slept last night except for the expected middle-of-the-night-potty-break with Rocky. 

Dh made breakfast this morning.  Including bacon.  In the sun.  I :001_wub: him.

• Like 7

Gems from my talk with my 92 year old mom this morning.

Mom:  "I'm so embarrassed!  I thought that today was Sunday and I dressed up and went to the service.  Only it wasn't.  Don't tell your sister (who lives close and helps mom out).  She'll put me in a home!" 

Me:  "It's ok, Mom.  We all forget what day it is sometime.  Even (Sister)."

Mom:  "I don't know why everyone said that my old computer (which was like 10 years old) was bad.  It didn't even have any rust on it!"

after a long talk. . .    Me:  "Mom, I have to go eat breakfast now."

Mom:  "Well tell me to take a long walk."

Me:  "Take a long walk, Mom." 

Mom:  "Ok.  I'll tell you when I get back!" 

• Like 9

Now that we're on page 1776, I can tell my bicentennial story. In 1976 I was in fifth grade and had the most patriotic teacher in town. She carried a purse that was a basket (like a Longaberger basket) hand painted with bald eagles, flag, etc. And of course, fifth grade was American history! So she used the bicentennial every chance she had in class! Our town also put up a huge wooden sign as you enter the town, about the bicentennial. It's still there. That teacher was on the committee for that.

I'm sure my memories are probably boring to y'all, but it was nice for me to be reminded. Thanks, Krissi!

I still have my bicentennial quarters that I saved from that year.  They still catch my eye when I find them in circulation, too.

• Like 3

Back from a very successful shopping trip with DD15.  We very quickly found her a nice dress for the upcoming homeschool prom, thanks to a very helpful and insightful employee.  She recommended DD15 try on petite dresses if she wanted a longer length but was finding the floor-length ones too long.  Worked like a dream!  We then found shoes for her (low-heeled comfy things not exactly dressy but dressy enough) and other things to go under the dress, and picked up some acne stuff.  We bought enough acne stuff she also got two sets of their "gift with purchase", so now she has some new make-up to play with if she likes.

The store was having a shoe sale so I bought myself a pair of knock-abouts, too.

Another bonus is both the dress and shoes will be good to wear to her music recital earlier the same day as the dance.  Woohoo!

It's only now that I realize I'm going to have to dress up some, too, if I take her to this dance....  I'll worry about that later.  Must shop my closet first.

Uh oh -- must also shop DD12's closet to see what she has (if she has anything) to wear for the recital, too....

• Like 4

I Zumba'd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cleaned the bathroom. I am waiting for DH to come back from The AFSA. He went to get his tires changed and has been there forever. I want to go to the Big City to see my dad and DH needed to get his tires changed because there was a bulge. Well, he thought it would be a quick trip. Not so much!!!😡😡😡 a FAFSA on the AFSA!!
  • Like 4

I cleaned the bathroom. I am waiting for DH to come back from The AFSA. He went to get his tires changed and has been there forever. I want to go to the Big City to see my dad and DH needed to get his tires changed because there was a bulge. Well, he thought it would be a quick trip. Not so much!!!😡😡😡 a FAFSA on the AFSA!!

Do you only have one car?  If not, can't you just take the other car and go see your dad? 

Back from a very successful shopping trip with DD15. We very quickly found her a nice dress for the upcoming homeschool prom, thanks to a very helpful and insightful employee. She recommended DD15 try on petite dresses if she wanted a longer length but was finding the floor-length ones too long. Worked like a dream! We then found shoes for her (low-heeled comfy things not exactly dressy but dressy enough) and other things to go under the dress, and picked up some acne stuff. We bought enough acne stuff she also got two sets of their "gift with purchase", so now she has some new make-up to play with if she likes.

The store was having a shoe sale so I bought myself a pair of knock-abouts, too.

Another bonus is both the dress and shoes will be good to wear to her music recital earlier the same day as the dance. Woohoo!

It's only now that I realize I'm going to have to dress up some, too, if I take her to this dance.... I'll worry about that later. Must shop my closet first.

Uh oh -- must also shop DD12's closet to see what she has (if she has anything) to wear for the recital, too....

Dd18's tutorial spring formal is having a '50's theme, so we got her a cute $20 dress off Amazon, a "dress fluffer" petticoat, and some non-'50's looking shoes that she loved and will wear other times.

We have been through the clothes bins and found a ton of spring/summer dresses. It appears we have amassed quite a collection over the years. I am pretty sure we can round up some sandals.

I was pleased to note that the number of clothes bins we have for the girls is decreasing. Each season we should have at least one bin less, since dd8 is NOT getting any smaller. The lowest "high" temp forecast over the next week-and-a-half is 78*, so we should be pretty safe switching out the seasonal clothes.

I'm tired from painting scene flats. Gonna laze about for a while.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

I spent the morning with a bunch of stinky boy scouts.

I picked up my groceries curbside for the first time ever. Awesome service! I actually had energy to put away groceries when I got home.

All 4 of my epipens have been recalled. I apparently needed an extra task to accomplish in my life. 

Dd says her hair is no longer chicken noodle hair. It is getting darker so she has caramelly hair. Love the way she thinks!

• Like 6

I just finished 2 hours of poopaerobics. :blink:

I don't think I told you all, but I bought a refurb Vivosmart HR from Amazon several weeks ago.  Once I figured out how to retrieve the data, I figured out that Jean was correct:  snowshoeing in the wet snow was indeed a high-intensity activity.  I have also learned that, if I count my barn chores as exercise, then I FAR exceed my goal every week for "intensity minutes."  Oh, and apparently 2 hours of poopaerobics burns up 582 calories.  Which, sadly, means that I am fat because I eat too much. :angry:

• Like 7

I have spent entirely too much money already this month!! Not on needs, but things we really could use. I waited until I found super deals, so tell me I did okay.

The two couches I bought from a friend were reduced in price from several months ago,and one is immaculate and the other one surprisingly close.

I need new clothes, since I have lost 46 pounds. There were very good deals at the mall today, with regular sales, and sears closing some stores and Payless going out of business. So I spent way less than I would have if I hadn't waited.

I still hate to spend it, though!

Angi, you are a savvy shopper; you got great deals; you had true needs; you don't do this very often.  You are to be congratulated!!

• Like 4

Angi, you are a savvy shopper; you got great deals; you had true needs; you don't do this very often. You are to be congratulated!!

I concur! You can pinch pennies a little extra next month. Congratulations on losing 46 pounds!

I fell asleep and just woke to find half the neighborhood playing hide-and-seek in my house. 🤔

Better get up and start dinner. I'm hungry.

• Like 3

Now that we're on page 1776, I can tell my bicentennial story. In 1976 I was in fifth grade and had the most patriotic teacher in town. She carried a purse that was a basket (like a Longaberger basket) hand painted with bald eagles, flag, etc. And of course, fifth grade was American history! So she used the bicentennial every chance she had in class! Our town also put up a huge wooden sign as you enter the town, about the bicentennial. It's still there. That teacher was on the committee for that.

I'm sure my memories are probably boring to y'all, but it was nice for me to be reminded. Thanks, Krissi!

I was born in July 1976. :D

• Like 5

I spent the morning with a bunch of stinky boy scouts.

I picked up my groceries curbside for the first time ever. Awesome service! I actually had energy to put away groceries when I got home.

All 4 of my epipens have been recalled. I apparently needed an extra task to accomplish in my life.

Dd says her hair is no longer chicken noodle hair. It is getting darker so she has caramelly hair. Love the way she thinks!

That stinks about the epipens! Ours all seem to have been manufacturered after the problem ones. I'm not sure. DH said he checked them all and they're okay.

• Like 3

I have spent entirely too much money already this month!! Not on needs, but things we really could use. I waited until I found super deals, so tell me I did okay.

The two couches I bought from a friend were reduced in price from several months ago,and one is immaculate and the other one surprisingly close.

I need new clothes, since I have lost 46 pounds. There were very good deals at the mall today, with regular sales, and sears closing some stores and Payless going out of business. So I spent way less than I would have if I hadn't waited.

You done good!  Great price opportunities usually aren't conveniently timed.  I'm glad you were able to snag some while they flitted by.  It makes spending the money a little easier, and I would have classified sofas for the family and clothes that you don't have to duct tape or tie ropes over your shoulders to keep on both "needs".

• Like 1

You did awesome!!! 

Anybody have any bad experiences with KitchenAId dishwashers?

We had a rusted rack.  It was about a decade old at that point, and we had hints of a small leak starting to happen.

It wasn't a bad experience.

I have read very mixed reviews about KitchenAid. Check model lines and numbers careful---apparently you can choose between very awesome and very awful.  When we bought our new dishwasher for our old house in 2015, we went with a Bosch 800 series instead, and we loved it.

• Like 2

On a scale of 1-Britney, how crazy would it be to let my 11 yo cut my hair?

It's down to my waist, and I want to take off three inches and put layers in. Anyhow, I figure, even if she messes it up, I should still have enough for Great Clips to work with.

So, ITTers...😜 Or �

:mellow:  :huh:  :ohmy:  :scared:  :svengo:

• Like 5