Menu

Ignore this thread!

A cast iron tortilla press is a necessity in life - right? I mean, even if I've only made home made tortillas once but feel pretty sure it would be a good idea?

Absolutely. And, they're cheap. And can be used to bash robbers upside the head if there is ever an opportunity.

• Like 5

Hmm, Twilight zone sounds too creepy. I think I'll stick with Wonderland.

Renai, I salute your dedication. I will h no more tonight. ðŸ¤

I was thinking I was going to let that slip of tonight slide, but...hmmm.... :glare:

• Like 3

Don't worry.  The ITT is not always this weird.  :)

Sometimes it's weirder.

Yes, it is.

That is a fact!!

Boy, I go off for an evening to Awana and all and I come back to this!!!! I think we all need to go off to the ITT Island for a bonding retreat. Foot massages and cool drinks with umbrellas in them for all!!

• Like 7

Good Thursday Morning!  Didn't sleep well, but maybe I can catch a nap later.

Little storm last night, drop in temperature, and now it's supposed to rain all day.  The good news is that maybe soccer will be canceled tonight?  

You no h people remind me of a quote from the movie Stripes:

• Like 5

Good morning!

Dh went to work early this morning, and I think he was worried that I would forget to get up so he made as much noise as humanly possible when getting ready. :huh:

With dd18 gone for a couple days, I have to bring dd14 to tutorial this morning, then return for a parent meeting at noon and then pick her up at 3. Sigh. At least I can fill up on cheap gas at the station across the street from the tutorial - it's always 30 cents cheaper per gallon than the gas by my house. Ds12 is super excited about being the "babysitter" today, even if it's only for an hour at a time.

(((Jean)))

Jean needs the ENB to run interference on the stressors in her life.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

Note to self-don't forget to eat dinner tonight.

I only get half the month to pursue Storysquach and even my time in this half month is proving to be elusive.  By the time I can sit down to write anything my brain is dead dead dead from congestion, and I keep seeing more stuff demanding attention.

I suspect Storysquach caused this protracted allergy season, and the rather nasty final wollop.  Oak pollen just simply isn't enough to explain it.

• Like 2

Oh, good. I'm in good no-good-no-sleep company. I have a theory that the reason I don't sleep properly at night is because from about age 20 or so, I never had a consistent eight hours of sleep. First there was on-call emergency at night. Then there was clinical depression. Then there were children. Two at once. Then there were aging animals who thought that three in the morning was a fine time to have an upset stomach in the middle of the bed. Then there was snoring. 

So no, ironically, when I really, really feel the need for eight hours of sleep, I can't get it to save my life. My body has completely forgotten what good sleep was like. 

This whine brought to you by CAFFEINE! The CRANKY-PANTS! and the letter C! (As in, Can't you keep it down, I'm trying to nap!)

• Like 7

I was driving home after picking ds up at college and dropping him off at work.  I was sooooo tired that I was dropping off to sleep while driving.  Talking to dd wasn't even keeping me awake.  So I had to keep pinching and slapping myself until I got home.  (Call CPS!  I'm abusing myself!  But it was either that or end up in a ditch somewhere. . . .)  Anyway. . . I got home and collapsed in my waiting arm chair.  I set a timer for 20 min.  I just got to sleep and a telemarketer called.  Dd got that one.  I got to sleep again and another telemarketer called.  20 min. was up by then so I got up and yelled at them and slammed down the phone.  Boy, that felt better! 

I'm only partially functional. 

Edited because I'm only partially literate too, apparently. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Were you able to get some sleep last night?

• Like 1

"To H, or not to H. That is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

That sometimes silent consonant

Or to take arms against the sea of troubles

And by opposing end it . To H - we please some on ITT

And to H - we end the heartache and the thousand arguments

That Booya/h is heir to. 'Tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wished."

Kristen's Soliloquy

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

I suspect Storysquach caused this protracted allergy season, and the rather nasty final wollop.  Oak pollen just simply isn't enough to explain it.

My thoughts exactly. Tell you what. I'll come at him with the vacuum cleaner from the front and you get him in the aft section with the broom.

• Like 2

Somebody tell me to go write. I ate my dinner and now I'm supposed to be writing. And I'm goofing and thinking about taking a hot bath.

Did you write?  SOMEONE has to capture at least some sightings of Storysquach!

• Like 1

Go take a hot bath, Critter.  Then write all about it, so that I can live vicariously through your words.

Have a glass of red wine and dark chocolate bonbons, too, 'k?

Ooooo, looky there!  It's a hot bath, wine, and chocolate...

BOOYA

Booda?

• Like 1

The kids and I had chocolate ice cream today. No medicinal PMS chocolate bc of Lent was just too much.

Medicinals should NEVER be given up for Lent or any other fasting.  The fasts are supposed to be good for you, not do further harm.  Having chocolate for medicinal purposes does NOT break your Lenten chocolate fast.

• Like 4

Speak not of the OBB in such a disrespectful tone. She is the Original Booya Babe. Instigator of the monstrosity of this thread, and founder of the top-page Booya. Although, we did not give her a rank as high as the Queen, Matriarch, Mom, or Head Ninja Elephant or the like because of her age.

Cave-dwelling is perfectly respectable!  Many of us have ancestors who have done so for millennia!

• Like 1

Where am I...ðŸ˜

Have you heard about the Elephant Ninja Brigade yet?

How about the wonderful staff we have?  And our private island?  

There are perks to joining us!

• Like 2

Good morning and good coffee to all the lovely ladies of ITT!

My nephews are coming over today, so school has been cancelled.

I have to call my mom and let her know that we will be coming on Friday night instead of Saturday morning. That way we can get to the zoo before the heat of the day on Saturday.

I also need to catch up on housework while my boys entertain their little cousins.

And I need more Coffee! ☕☕☕

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I need that ITT retreat. I have earned that ITT break. I did not get my order of zero stress. Instead I got a double scoop. No one told me that parenting would last so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hector! *clapclap*  Loungy chair and umbrella drink for Jeannie!

Hilde!  *snapsnap*  Foot, temple, and shoulder massages for Jeannie!

Buffy!  *won'tclaporsnaptosummonherbecausesheisscary*  Keep everyone from pestering Jeannie!

Pricilla!  Yoohoo!  Pampering and playtime for all of Jeannie's pets!

Francois!  Whip Jeannie up something yummy!

• Like 4

Good morning and good coffee to all the lovely ladies of ITT!

My nephews are coming over today, so school has been cancelled.

I have to call my mom and let her know that we will be coming on Friday night instead of Saturday morning. That way we can get to the zoo before the heat of the day on Saturday.

I also need to catch up on housework while my boys entertain their little cousins.

And I need more Coffee! ☕☕☕

Catching up on housework while there are a bunch of boys in the house sounds like an oxymoron.

• Like 5

Oh, good. I'm in good no-good-no-sleep company. I have a theory that the reason I don't sleep properly at night is because from about age 20 or so, I never had a consistent eight hours of sleep. First there was on-call emergency at night. Then there was clinical depression. Then there were children. Two at once. Then there were aging animals who thought that three in the morning was a fine time to have an upset stomach in the middle of the bed. Then there was snoring. 

So no, ironically, when I really, really feel the need for eight hours of sleep, I can't get it to save my life. My body has completely forgotten what good sleep was like. 

This whine brought to you by CAFFEINE! The CRANKY-PANTS! and the letter C! (As in, Can't you keep it down, I'm trying to nap!)

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Were you able to get some sleep last night?

Apparently not.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:

RODRIGO!  Quietly go to Critter's and make everyone keep it down!  Summon the waterfalls and breeze in the trees to sing her back to sleep!  Keep everyone else in line, including the chickens!

• Like 3

My thoughts exactly. Tell you what. I'll come at him with the vacuum cleaner from the front and you get him in the aft section with the broom.

Actually I have a nice, bristly brush with an extendable handle I use to clean the ceiling fan blades.  Can I get his aft with that?

Maybe I can get the kids to strew a few more electrical cords around to trip him up instead of choking the Roomba....

• Like 1

I haven't and now I'm afraid to ask.

No fear!  WE are the Elephant Ninja Brigade!  We come tromp on anyone who displeases, harms, or threatens to harm an ITTer or ITTer's near&dear.  Don't worry, we will put you through boot camp.  You'll pick it up quickly, I'm sure.  You are a quick study and will be a valuable addition to the brigade!

• Like 2

We have survived the Big Investigation Interview. The officer did not partake of any nourishment, but I had numerous items available if he had so chosen. He did say he was tempted. :lol:

The results of all this stressful cooking, cleaning and making sure everyone had on matching socks and clothing will not be known for 3 long, long, long weeks. I can tell Ds21 is trying to not get his hopes up. Which is fine, cause mine are sky high. I think I will be more disappointed than him. However, I told him yesterday afternoon, that no matter how this all turned out, I am so proud of him and could not ask for a better son. Also, I loved him very much. We both were teary eyed. It was a good moment.

So now, back to regular chaos with the added stress of hopeful anxiety.

If anyone needs me, I will be in line along with Jean for a zero stress day.

• Like 6

When did we get Priscilla on staff? Who's in charge of human resources anyway?

Priscilla runs a very nice pet pampering playhouse, and will come to the pets.  I figured she could come in handy today at Jeannie's.

We ALL have hiring power here, didn't you know?  Though Jeeves does help coordinate staff availability.

• Like 1

We have survived the Big Investigation Interview. The officer did not partake of any nourishment, but I had numerous items available if he had so chosen. He did say he was tempted. :lol:

The results of all this stressful cooking, cleaning and making sure everyone had on matching socks and clothing will not be known for 3 long, long, long weeks. I can tell Ds21 is trying to not get his hopes up. Which is fine, cause mine are sky high. I think I will be more disappointed than him. However, I told him yesterday afternoon, that no matter how this all turned out, I am so proud of him and could not ask for a better son. Also, I loved him very much. We both were teary eyed. It was a good moment.

Sven!  Marco!  Grab some buddies and take care of all the things at Dawn's today!

• Like 2

I am letting the kids sleep in some today.  DD12 is concious now.  I need to go move some laundry, so I will check on DD15 -- might wake her up.  We do need to get some class time in today.

Oh, and I need breakfast.  ITT ketchup was just too entertaining this morning!

• Like 1

Praying on it!  :grouphug: :grouphug:  (One for you, for for DS.)

• Like 2

In other news, the "hydrologic outlook" is back. :glare:

And I should be spending LOTS more time here, now that I have real work to do... :glare: :glare:

We're supposed to be getting an Atmospheric River again this weekend. Could get up to 2" of rain. All I have to say is, "I'll believe it when I see it!"
  • Like 3

The likes will come back, tomorrow, so y'all got to hang on 'til tomorrow...

I will write today.

Yes, I'll at least get an electrical cord lasso around the Storysquatch. I'm already 10 hours into tracking him down. I gave myself a reasonable  60 hour quota of editing for the month.

ETA: I'm totally counting that half-minute of editing.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5

Good Morning!!

And since I had nothing better to do, now I have to keep an eye on the weather.  Because apparently tornadoes could be  **this post has been interrupted by children in need of help with their homeschooling  :svengo: **

**I'm back**

because apparently tornadoes could be nearby-ish.  

And during the interruption dd9 needed help with some plurals.  Including tornado.  Thankfully, spell-check had just helped me out on that one only moments before.   :thumbup1:  (I always forget the rule about the e after the o.)

• Like 6

Also during the interruption:

Dd6 was doing a language exercise involving rhyming words.

I read to her:  beaches, teaches.   Then she was supposed to write the name for the piece of fruit that was pictured.  She triumphantly yelled out, "Tatertots!"

Testing next week should be interesting...

• Like 9

Also during the interruption:

Dd6 was doing a language exercise involving rhyming words.

I read to her: beaches, teaches. Then she was supposed to write the name for the piece of fruit that was pictured. She triumphantly yelled out, "Tatertots!"

Testing next week should be interesting...

Reading with Weapon X yesterday.

Cat- good[emoji3]

Hat- good[emoji3]

Sat- good[emoji3]

Rat- mouse[emoji16]

Look at the letters, not just the picture.

"I was looking at the letters."

They all follow a pattern...can you hear the pattern? Cat, sat, hat...

"They're all -at words."

Good. So try this one again.

Rat- umm....little mouse?[emoji19]

• Like 8

Hector! *clapclap* Loungy chair and umbrella drink for Jeannie!

Hilde! *snapsnap* Foot, temple, and shoulder massages for Jeannie!

Buffy! *won'tclaporsnaptosummonherbecausesheisscary* Keep everyone from pestering Jeannie!

Pricilla! Yoohoo! Pampering and playtime for all of Jeannie's pets!

Francois! Whip Jeannie up something yummy!

We're going to have so many staff members that there won't be room for us on this island!

• Like 8